Australian Con's 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian Con's 2008

Just wondering whether anyone has any information on any Con's that are in Australia this year
    Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
    Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

So far the only announcements are:

Armageddon: http://cultureshockexpo.com/ & www.armageddonexpo.com
    (Stargate guests have been announced)

Supanova: www.supanova.com.au/ (though they haven't announced any Stargate guests yet).

Both organisers have multiple things planned, but have only released details of the immediate ones in March-May 2008.

I expect more details to come as the dates get closer - these are still aways off. Your best bet is to join the mailing lists for these guys if you are in Oz and want a heads up on stuff. Which city are you in?

I'll be attending the Melbourne based events, and leave the interstate decisions until closer to the respective dates since I can't plan work that far ahead...
    If you'd like to know what Aussie conventions are like, check out my website and the older one too.

Comment

Originally posted by pfalcon64 View Post

Supanova: www.supanova.com.au/ (though they haven't announced any Stargate guests yet).

Both organisers have multiple things planned, but have only released details of the immediate ones in March-May 2008.

I expect more details to come as the dates get closer - these are still aways off. Your best bet is to join the mailing lists for these guys if you are in Oz and want a heads up on stuff. Which city are you in?

I'll be attending the Melbourne based events, and leave the interstate decisions until closer to the respective dates since I can't plan work that far ahead...
      The Armageddon site is not working, do you know who is meant to attend? From SG?

Comment

The Armageddon site is not working, do you know who is meant to attend? From SG
        Try the Culture Shock site, its by the same organisers, but covers more than one event - so its actually the better place to start. IAC, Teryl Rothery and Eric Avari have been announced for Aramgeddon Sydney. As usual for such sites, the forums have the most uptodate info.
        If you'd like to know what Aussie conventions are like, check out my website and the older one too.

Comment

i wanna go to either Brisbane or Sydney. i'll join that mailing lists.. thanks

Comment

Try the Culture Shock site, its by the same organisers, but covers more than one event - so its actually the better place to start. IAC, Teryl Rothery and Eric Avari have been announced for Aramgeddon Sydney. As usual for such sites, the forums have the most uptodate info.
            It is working now. I wouldn't be going to Sydney as I live in Tassie, Melbourne's would be the one if I go at all. Seems they still have no "real" list of actors for that one though.

Thanks.

Comment

I live in QLD, but I have family in Sydney so it wouldn't matter if I went to sydney or brissy

Comment

Melbourne Supanova (28-30 March) and Brisbane Supanova (4-6 April) have announced that they will have Jewel Staite.

Sydney Supanova (20-22 June) and Perth Supanova (27-29 June) have announced that they will have Morena Baccarin.

http://www.supanova.com.au/

Comment

It's not fair! Why can't they ever do any of these in Adelaide? I suppose I could possibly get to Melbourne, we have some friends there that we visit occasionally, I hope I can end up going.

~AB

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Beckett View Post
                    Adelaide
                    I think you just answered your own question

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                      I think you just answered your own question
                      Have you ever actually given a non-smart arse response to anything on GW? I have yet to read one.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                        Have you ever actually given a non-smart arse response to anything on GW? I have yet to read one.
                        haha, you're from adelaide aren't ya?

Comment

At least Adelaide is closer than Perth - but I still went to Armageddon Melbourne in October last year - hell, I'll travel to ANY part of Australia, even the frakking Back of Bourke, to meet Joe Flanigan!!!
                          sigpic
                          My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Beckett View Post
                            It's not fair! Why can't they ever do any of these in Adelaide?
                            I don't think Adelaide really has the fan base for a large event, but I would LOVE to see it one day. We are lucky we get the Terra Nova cons The next Terra Nova is in June, but I don't think they'll have any Stargate guests at that one

Comment

I'm sooo glad i live in Melbourne, because in same ways i believe we get some of the best conventions, besides i am VERY loyal to Culture Shock! I'm hanging out for the next convention, it will be awesome, whether it's Armageddon in Sydney or something else! I can't wait, it'll be great, it always is!!

That and... i should have my SG-1 Jacket by the next con, can't wait to turn up in it at a convention!

Comment

Working...
                              X