No announcement yet.

Australian Con's 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all im new 2 this site, I was hoping someone could tell me if there are any conventins comming up in Aus that are just for stargate sg1 & atlants & not the other shows? I am a huge fan of the stargates but I dont really know the shows the other stars are comng from Thanks heap!!

Comment

Most conventions that come to Aust, include a few guests from Stargate and a few from other sci fi shows. It's pot luck on who comes each year, but its still fun to go even though they are from a different sci fi show.
      Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
      Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by stard7 View Post
        Hey all im new 2 this site, I was hoping someone could tell me if there are any conventins comming up in Aus that are just for stargate sg1 & atlants & not the other shows? I am a huge fan of the stargates but I dont really know the shows the other stars are comng from Thanks heap!!
        Most conventions done in Australia are ones that cover a variety of topics. TV series, Comics, Animation, Wrestling... all sorts! But there are Stargate ones as well, the first three conventions i ever went to were only Stargate related and they were run by 'First Contact Conventions' but they were mainly Melbourne based, but have come across from Queensland or Sydney or New Zealand because the organisers work together! But for more information on FC conventions check out their website: http://www.firstcontactconventions.com.au/index.html
        There is nothing up there for Stargate conventions currently, but you never know so just keep an eye out!!

Comment

Bill from Armageddon Cons/Expo has confirmed that David Hewlett (Dr Rodney McKay) will be attending (commitments pending of course) the November Expo in Aust in 2008!

Bill hasn't officially announced it on his site, I am thinking it is too far out yet and he has the May Con to put together first, and there is nothing on this from David Hewlett's site either, but I asked Bill directly in the forums at his site and this was his answer.

"At this stage, David Hewlett will be attending the Oct/Nov events, so rest easy."

*squee*

David did pull out last year due to the birth of his son and I know David is working on "Starcrossed" so I am only 50% hyped about this as he may still have to pull out... but I will definitely be there if it goes ahead with him in attendance!

Comment

You will find that most of the organisers mentioned in the discussion here maintain mailing lists, first from people that have attended prior events, and otherwise those who simply ask to be added to the lists. Sometimes their forum member list is used for mailing too.

If you want to be among the first to find out about ANY official announcements, it generally wise to get on those lists, in addition to keeping an eye on the sites themselves. Special offers, such as the recent Chris Judge event will frequently go out to the mailing list several hours or a day BEFORE they are put online - as a reward for past patronage.

This is especially important if you are interested in any of the VIP deals typically offered.
            If you'd like to know what Aussie conventions are like, check out my website and the older one too.

Comment

*is soooo glad she got her VIP ticket to Chris Judge*

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                Bill from Armageddon Cons/Expo has confirmed that David Hewlett (Dr Rodney McKay) will be attending (commitments pending of course) the November Expo in Aust in 2008!

Bill hasn't officially announced it on his site, I am thinking it is too far out yet and he has the May Con to put together first, and there is nothing on this from David Hewlett's site either, but I asked Bill directly in the forums at his site and this was his answer.

"At this stage, David Hewlett will be attending the Oct/Nov events, so rest easy."

*squee*
                That is fantastic news!!!! I'm going to be heading over for that, so that's really cool!

I just found out that Jewel has been made a regular on Stargate Atlantis.... but unfortunately that means that she is cancelling her Melbourne and Brisbane Supanova appearances

Comment

I'm waiting for the stuff happening in May. To start with they have one one website that there will be a couple of Gate guests. And the rumours about who else is coming are huge.

I did see a site announcing David for November in Brisbane. I'll try to find it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pronto View Post
                    I'm waiting for the stuff happening in May. To start with they have one one website that there will be a couple of Gate guests. And the rumours about who else is coming are huge.

I did see a site announcing David for November in Brisbane. I'll try to find it again.
                    He is going to appear at the Conquest Con in Brisbane in Nov as well... or I hope it is as well as Armageddon's.

Linky: http://www.vortexevents.com/

Not sure where this leaves New Zealand though, I thought David might be appearing at the one of the Cons there too.

Comment

He is going to appear at the Conquest Con in Brisbane in Nov as well... or I hope it is as well as Armageddon's.

Not sure where this leaves New Zealand though, I thought David might be appearing at the one of the Cons there too.
                      That's it. Vortes events. I knew I had seen it.

Yeah, he is doing NZ, Melbourne then Brisvegas.

Comment

[QUOTE]
                        Originally posted by Amanda Beckett View Post
                        It's not fair! Why can't they ever do any of these in Adelaide? I suppose I could possibly get to Melbourne, we have some friends there that we visit occasionally, I hope I can end up going.
                        ~AB
                        Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                        I think you just answered your own question
                        Have you ever actually given a non-smart arse response to anything on GW? I have yet to read one.
                        haha, you're from adelaide aren't ya? [/QUOTE
                        ]
                        ...to know AD means you have to understand his idiosyncrasies!...and that alone is far beyond most peoples comprehension...just roll with it AB...AD is quite unique...but we still love him...most some of the time!!
                        Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
                        At least Adelaide is closer than Perth - but I still went to Armageddon Melbourne in October last year - hell, I'll travel to ANY part of Australia, even the frakking Back of Bourke, to meet Joe Flanigan!!!
                        Hey Dana...you coming over for David Hewlett...I'll have some room at my place by the time that rolls around!!!
                        *squee*
                        I was just about to announce that...I'm going to remain hopeful that David makes it out in November...fingers crossed that nothing pops up and he has to cancel!!
                        Pity about Jewel canceling her visit...but I'm happy for her becoming a regular on SGA...maybe she can come out later in the year instead!!
                        Originally posted by SmileyGidget View Post
                        *is soooo glad she got her VIP ticket to Chris Judge*
                        Me too!!! ...It's gonna be so much fun...Tom is coming too...as per my promise to him 2 years ago!!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

haha, you're from adelaide aren't ya?
                          No I am from Tasmania, and I await your hilarious comment to that.

Comment

Originally posted by starfirephoenix View Post
                            I just found out that Jewel has been made a regular on Stargate Atlantis.... but unfortunately that means that she is cancelling her Melbourne and Brisbane Supanova appearances
                            Ah its depressing…I was looking forward to meeting her
                            sigpic

Comment

No I am from Tasmania, and I await your hilarious comment to that.
                              Oh no!! You are a glutton for punishment!!
                              We took the kids to Tassie back in January...sorry but it just didn't do much for me...apart from the fact that I was crook for most of the trip, the best place we went to was Bruny Island...we're going back there one day for an extended stay!!
                              It would be good if you could pop up for an event sometime soon!!
                              Where bout's in Taz are you??...if you don't mind me asking?
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

So two days after I find out that I'm not able to make it to BrisNova anymore, Jewel is back on again for Melbourne and Brisbane Supanova, and so is Teryl too!

Happy for you Melbourne and Brisbane people, not so happy for myself lol

Comment

Working...
                                X