This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did they choose area 51?

Why did they choose area 51 for alien technology research. Wouldn't that be the last place they would want to choose because of the suspicions already made about it.
    sigpic

Two words. Plausable Deniability.

Comment

If your talking about real-life, then the base at Area 51, had been already opened many, many, many, many years before Stargate was even a pipe-dream.

So what could they do! Pack up all the alien toys & move it to a new facility all because of a fictional tv show. Area 51 gets mentioned in a ton of sci-fi movies & it will in again future.

Not to mention the military refuse to even acknowledge the existence of the base being a top-secret research facility & all that stuff. Besides, I'm sure they have a few other secret bases with similar stuff going on.

Comment

Area 51 is its codename in the show. The real name I believe is Nellis.

Comment

Because in RL, Area 51/Dreamland/Groom Lake is a US Air Force research base. They develop new technology for aircraft there (The U2, SR-71 and F-117's were all developed there). It makes sense that since teh SGC is run by the Air Force, is top secret and involves lots of advanced research that they would base alot of teh research out of there. It's also not that far from Cheyenne Mountain either, an easy plane ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
            Because in RL, Area 51/Dreamland/Groom Lake is a US Air Force research base. They develop new technology for aircraft there (The U2, SR-71 and F-117's were all developed there). It makes sense that since teh SGC is run by the Air Force, is top secret and involves lots of advanced research that they would base alot of teh research out of there. It's also not that far from Cheyenne Mountain either, an easy plane ride.
            Good point
            sigpic

Comment

I thought they'd finally acknowledged that there was a facility at Groom Lake. And I all ways wondered why they never call it Groom Lake on the show. Surelly the military doesn't call it Area 51.
              Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Both series take place in our real time and everything in reality should be in the stargate franchise(except for some fictional presidents). So it makes sense they choosed area 51 because since it's a research facility in real life and also like in real life other than the name of the base the rest of the world doesn't have a clue what is actually in there.

For me it's more mistery why the stargate was in cheyenne mountain since it's alien tech it should have been located in area 51 at the begining of SG1.
                sigpic

Comment

Does anyone wish that a Goa'uld glider or something wasn't actually in Area 51, or some kind of alien vessel. I also ways liked the idea of there actually being a Roswell incident connected with the Stargate.
                  sigpic
                  If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                  I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

here is an image of area 51. also known as the groom lake facility. the only known thing that goes on here is the research of other countries aircraft and the testing of new and top secret aircraft. THAT WE KNOW OF.

http://www.bloguez.com/uploads/Madro...072503-450.jpg

Comment

Yeap Clinton did sort of acknowledge it during the law suit against the government by the families of workers injured by burning hazardous waste. But he basically told the government lawyers that they didn't have to respond or something along those lines.
                      Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Working...
                      X