Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked this one. It was character development and interaction, without the focus on just 1 character.
    sigpic
    Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

Overall, a decent episode. I liked the absence of strong jokes. At least none ticked me off.

It is indeed perfectly plausible that Dr Zelenka's tablet computer wouldn't be able to load the shiny "Playback" UI of the city's operating system due to lack of RAM. What is their excuse of having such an inefficient system there? Perhaps the Ancients, like modern people, never thought of using low power systems.

Once again, the city's automated nature and strict military protocol would give me nightmares. More so than the presence of Wraith. What if a blast door closes when a person is standing in the doorway and can't move. What if an enemy uses the city's resilient systems to track the people.

If it is not feasible to deactivate the systems which evidently can lead to their own destruction, the team should at least establish backup outposts on land or nearby planets. Those outposts should be pretty rogue (independent) and completely manually controlled using old style push buttons and levers. Of course we wouldn't have sci-fi if the machines never rose up against the people, but in three years they should have learned to keep their main base in check already.

Dr Keller is an incredibly attractive woman. I like her vampyre teeth lol. I don't approve of her new relationship with Ronan. They obviously don't match in size and mate, for a lack of a better word. It would be like trying to shove an Ethernet jack in the Voice Phone receptacle. One is big and the other is small. Simple as that.

Teyla is having a really difficult time these last few episodes with her condition. I do not envy her. At times it feels that her own people are turning against her, especially Sheppard. Nothing to be congratulated about. Her behavior as a mother seems to me too Human/Americanish. I'd expect her to be less concerned about the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by j7n View Post
        Teyla is having a really difficult time these last few episodes with her condition. I do not envy her. At times it feels that her own people are turning against her, especially Sheppard. Nothing to be congratulated about. Her behavior as a mother seems to me too Human/Americanish. I'd expect her to be less concerned about the baby.
        I totally agree with you on this one. Teyla indeed was behaving more like an Earthling/American than someone who was actually born and raised in a galaxy such as Pegasus, a galaxy in which you have a whole lot more probabilities of being killed and as such, the peoples of Pegasus should definitely be more than prepared to deal with the situations related with sudden death.

Teyla was concerned about being killed and leaving her baby alone, but i am sure that within Athosian culture, when such terrible event will occur, there must be some kind of a rule/law that will determine who will take care of a small baby in the event of their parents end up being culled/killed by the Wraith. So her concern here was a bit pointless.

Another example, of how American, Teyla behaves, is, and now i will use spoiler tags because i will talk about an episode from season 5
        Spoiler:
        when naming her baby, she will assign him 3 names. Well, Americans are usually assigned, as far as i know, 3 names, but that’s not something that happens in all the countries. At least here in my country, people are usually assigned 4 names, 2 given names and 2 family names (one from the mother and another from the father). And i was so surprised, and then again maybe not, when i realised, once again, how similar the Athosian culture is with the American culture.
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

I thought this was a good episode for Zalenka, too bad they never did use him much.
          sigpic

Comment

Maybe it was cause of all the time she spend with the Earth folk, that she had adopted American naming conventions?

Comment

First time watch!

I thought this was an interesting/decent episode. It was interesting to see all the character work that was done in this episode.. especially since the storyline that set it up was a little weak.

I was really excited at first when McKay decided to propose to Katie. I really like her.. mostly because she can put up with all of Rodney's ridiculousness. By the end though, I was really sad that they decided to end things. Rodney should really get his s*** together. I really thought he was over-reacting to the situation. And he needs to trust his team a little more, or just get a new team (because they DO seem really incompetent most of the time).

Alright. Now I see this whole Keller/Ronon thing. And I'm on board. I thought their scenes were really adorable. And I loved that Ronon tried to use oxygen tanks because he thought it would work after seeing Jaws. Haha. Good to know he's getting versed on Earth culture.

I really liked the conversation that Teyla and John had. He was super supportive of her and whatever decisions she decided to make about the future, while also providing another way to look at the situation. It was good to see, especially after the last couple episodes where all he could think about was how it impacted the team/couldn't afford for her to be in the field.

John scaling the side of that Atlantis tower was intense, but awesome at the same time. That's definitely one way to solve the problem of getting out of the room. Haha. Also, props to him for remembering Rodney's password. Even though I now know it's Newton's bday, Einstein's bday, Rodney's bday, and 42, I still would never remember the dates of those three people to be able to put the password in on the first try.
              sigpic
              [call me loser.]

Comment

Working...
              X