• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Spoils of War' (412) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 412

The team finds their former Wraith ally's hive ship drifting in space, which leads them to a secret project that could turn the tide of a civil war.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 01:03 AM.

Seeing Teyla control a queen was all very interesting. I don't like how it puts the baby at risk though.Oh and it's a boy! Lorne and Teyla's little chat was obviously filler, but thier conversation was still kinda cute.

John and Teyla's scene, very touching. Nice climactic ending crashing the hive into the cloning facility but once again, no ZPMs..

Comment

Very very intense for the whole time.. Perfect mix of action, emotion and vis-effects..

Seriously one of the best eps ever! 10/10 hands down!
      *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Compared to last week's episode, this one was average. But overall, I think it was pretty good.

It was slow and parts and had the typical Stargate episode type of feel, but there was a ton of character development.
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I think it's interesting how Teyla's abilities are growing. Alas, it is once again sad how they couldn't get any ZPMs. But, this does explain some things. But, even if they created those many soldiers- wait- the Ancients were winning? but the Wraith had already controlled much territory by the time of the war. And they captured three warships in several months? wow. Ancient technology really was significantly more advanced. So, in BAMSR, the Wraith Hives took that much damage? And the Wraith have cloning technology. Interesting. Why can't they clone their own food?
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Another great story. I bet they have seen the discussions on why the ancients could not defeat the wraith. Well now they gave us the answer. Once again the arrogance of the ancients has come back to bite them in the ass.

And for all you people whining about the way Sheppard treated Teyla in the last episode, his actions were justified.

I loved the scene in the lockerroom when Ronin grabbed Rodney. And speaking of Rodney, he has the best line of the entire show:

"What? Oh come on! I never get picked first for anything until now!"

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. Glad Todd is still kicking. Was interesting to hear how the Ancients actually lost the war, carelessness and cloning. Was cool to see Teyla taking easy control of the wraith hive and the Queen, interesting use of the baby in the story. Good use of the hive ship as well, though I'd rather see it orbiting Atlantis.

Comment

Obviously not as fast paced as last week with not the same level of action, but still overall a great episode. Can't expect giant space battles every week. Still gave us a lot of info and good character development.

Comment

Overall a very solid episode! Nowhere near as climactic or "sit on the edge of your seat" like last weeks, but overall I really really liked it.

Finally some character development for Teyla, I really liked that. The scene at the end between her and John was very touching. With her finally realizing that she can't continue to endanger her baby.

And the fact that baby has her same "powers" is very cool!!

Bummer they didn't get the ZPMs... oh well.

I can't say there isn't any complaint I have against this weeks episode. Very solid, and I enjoyed it. Can't wait for next week's ep!

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

WOW! That's the best way to describe this ep. This was another great ep in what is turning out to be Atlantis's best season yet. Lots of development for Teyla, questions about her baby abound now though. Great chemistry between Teyla and John in this one. Joe and Rachel did a great job. Todd was again great but he always is. Not surprised that we lost the ship but pulling a kamakazie was a great twist. Loads of backstory and answers on the Wraith. This was a great ep from start to finish. Another great job guys the Peoples Choice Award was definatly deserved, though I had no doubt. 10/10.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I enjoyed this episode mostly for the character development. I especially liked Lorne's conversation with Teyla, because Lorne is one of my favorite minor characters.

I'm glad John and Teyla understand one another finally.

Teyla was awesome in this episode. Overall, good episode!

Comment

What a cool episode! A great ending to the 3-part mid-season story! The Wraith stealing ZPM's! Apparently, the Wraith stole ZPM's in the past as well, does that mean the Ancients DID have ZPM-powered warships? Nice to see how the Wraith reproduce, as disgusting as it was, that was most disgusting thing (I mean in a good way ) I've ever seen in Stargate, yet interesting. I am glad that we finally got Todd named as such onscreen and that he was OK. Of course, the hive ship didn't get kept. The Wraith base and the ZPM's ended up destroyed as usual. 3 more ZPM's would have been great.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          WOW! That's the best way to describe this ep. This was another great ep in what is turning out to be Atlantis's best season yet. Lots of development for Teyla, questions about her baby abound now though. Great chemistry between Teyla and John in this one. Joe and Rachel did a great job. Todd was again great but he always is. Not surprised that we lost the ship but pulling a kamakazie was a great twist. Loads of backstory and answers on the Wraith. This was a great ep from start to finish. Another great job guys the Peoples Choice Award was definatly deserved, though I had no doubt. 10/10.
                          It's hard to follow one of the best eps of the series, BAMSR. But it was a great episode. The whole Teyla taking over the queen won me over. I love how Teyla has become very focused this season. The ending where Teyla was telling Sheppard he basically saved her baby's life was really touching.

This season is truly shaping up to be the best season of the series.

Season 6 here we come!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents
                            This was not as good as Be All My Sins Remembere'd but that does not mean that was not a good episode. We (the viewers) learn so much about the Wraith in this episode. Not only did we learn about how the Wraith reproduce, but we also learn how the Wraith had superior numbers. I am shocked that a good portion of the Wraith are actually clones. On the note of the Wraith's reproduction, I have to take a moment to gloat. I had theorized in another thread that the Wraith queen produces the Wraith offspring like a queen does in an ant colony. So much Teyla interaction is making my head spin. From the John and Teyla scenes to Teyla controlling the Wraith made it very interesting. I wonder if Teyla was able to control the Hive ship because of her unborn child.?* It was stated that she was able to control the queen easier before because there were two minds. Isn't reasonable to assume that the ship was easier to control because of?* Teyla's unborn son. After BAMSR I was expecting a lot of hostility between Sheppard and Teyla, but it was pleasant to see that they are were able?* to forgive each other and that Teyla was able to admit how wrong she was for not telling the other about her child.I think the chracter of Todd maked the Wraith more 3-D and shows how complex they are. I am curious by destroying the Wraith facuility, how much damage have we done to the Wraith themselves. Do you (my fellow posters) think this the Wraith weakness that the Aurora found out about in S2.?* I am so tired about them not mentioning Carter. I understand that Amanda Tapping is filming the movies but is it so hard for TPTB to mention that Col. Carter agreeed to the mission.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I kept looking at the clock, which isn't a good sign - this dragged quite a bit. I'm glad Todd got away, and it was good to have Teyla get more screen time, but the John/Teyla scenes got a bit sappy. I did like the Lorne and Teyla talk though.

Still want to know how the Wraith develop new queens. We saw Elia as a child in "Instinct", and we know the queens hate each other, so how do they have these children and how are they raised to be hive queens? Guess that is for another show.

Knew right from the start the team would crash the Wraith ship into the base, because they can never keep a ship or get a ZPM. *yawn*

Comment

Working...
                              X