This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the greatness of our very own solar system

is it just me or is it weird that we havn't even heard a word about the promethius going to the planets in our own system. as if one of the first things would do if u had a space ship capable of interstellar travel is go to mars and check it out, or go to pluto and see whats really happening out there.

the cheap way is just to say "the promy is back, and wouldn't u know it no life on mars, dang" but it could be an interesting ep. goto pluto to find it is made of naquada. or find an abandoned gou'ld space station orbiting jupiter? or an ancient ZPM factory on uranus?

maybe its just me but i find it a bit weird we havn't even heard word of them trying to answer the big questions we have a bout our own backyard.

for one thing, i don't htink theyd do an episode about pluto being made of naqueda. in the episode "failsafe" where anubis sent in a huge asteroid mine to destroy earth, made of naqueda, they said our solar system was devoid of naqueda. even if pluto was made of the stuff, anubis just would have sent it as an asteroid instead. but i do like the idea and all about using our 303 to go to planets just next door. hey, maybe anients were the ones who once inhabited mars.
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

That's a good frikkin point! It would sure make the colonization of our solar system's more "viable" or "human friendly" planets a lot easier!

Comment

They would either have to keep anything found a secret, or try to explain to the public/scientific community at large how they obtained such knowlede. Or maybe they are just lazy!
        O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
        Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

If i had a ship the first thing i would do is go to all of our planets.

Comment

It'd be cool, yes, but remember that our solar system is virtually unknown. They'd have to make up a lot of stuff, and I don't think their up to it yet. Besides, what is we need it real fast? Perhaps later, when the Goa'ulds are gone......

My Own Little World

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
            101 Ways to Annoy, Harass, Confuse or Generally Scare Lord Voldemort
            "Be nice to nerds;
            one day, you'll end up working for one."
            -Evil Overlord Bill Gates
            Ba'al: I'll never let go, Jack, I'll never let go!
            Jack: *choke* That's my throat, Ba'al.....

Comment

Actually, our core solar system is pretty well known. Most of what we don't know of lies outside, and within the Kuiper belt. At that sort of a distance though, you're not really going to find much except frozen ice chunks.

Comment

I just had an idea.
                Why don't we give one of our planets (or one of their moons) to the Tok'Ra ?
                No, I'm serious.
                Because we have the Ancient outpost, the Goa'uld don't dare to come into our system.
                The Tok'Ra would finally have a base that the Goa'uld would never find.
                sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

We're not allied with the Tok'Ra anymore, and they would probably want to keep up the "Fight against the Goa'uld."

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
                    I just had an idea.
                    Why don't we give one of our planets (or one of their moons) to the Tok'Ra ?
                    No, I'm serious.
                    Because we have the Ancient outpost, the Goa'uld don't dare to come into our system.
                    The Tok'Ra would finally have a base that the Goa'uld would never find.
                    That's a good idea! I vote to give them Europa, and give the Jaffa resistance a seperate moon, so then they wont have to deal with each other
                    sigpic
                    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

No offence to any poster on this thread, but I don't think an episode of the Prometheus taking a cruise around the solar system would be too interesting. The Prometheus will show up in opportunities for action, such as Lost City. Routine science expiditions my happen in the Stargate SG-1 universe, but we don't see any of them, for the most part, on the show.
                      Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                      O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                      O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry
                        No offence to any poster on this thread, but I don't think an episode of the Prometheus taking a cruise around the solar system would be too interesting. The Prometheus will show up in opportunities for action, such as Lost City. Routine science expiditions my happen in the Stargate SG-1 universe, but we don't see any of them, for the most part, on the show.
                        Who said anything about making an ep out of it?

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                          We're not allied with the Tok'Ra anymore, and they would probably want to keep up the "Fight against the Goa'uld."
                          But one of the problems they kept having was that the Goa'uld bombared their bases to pieces.
                          And this could be our ticket to glue-ing the Alliance back together.
                          Plus, since Tok'Ra bases are underground, the conditions on the surface don't matter.
                          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

considering that they have the capability to go to thousands of inhabitable planets, many with populations, in this galaxy and (with enough power) other galaxies, i dont think a couple of gas giants and lumps of rock will be that much an interest of the SGC.

they may as well let nasa keep thinking that the universe is bare of life instead of wasting valuble cruising time on the feeble Sol system.

infact thats a thought - do NASA know of the Stargate Program or are they blissfully ignorant?

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
                              That's a good idea! I vote to give them Europa, and give the Jaffa resistance a seperate moon, so then they wont have to deal with each other
                              They better not tunnel too deep either, as Europa may have liquid water under all that ice. On second thought, that would be kind of amusing Maybe put the jaffa on say...Io?
                              Dougal: Ted, will you look at this table. It's so dirty I could write me name in it.
                              Ted: (peering at table) There's a G in 'Dougal'.
                              Dougal: Where?

Comment

Working...
                              X