Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    First Lieutenant VSHARMA's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Location
    LONDON, ENGLAND
    Posts
    944

    Default Did Weir Have Anything To Do With It????

    SPOILERS BELOW FOR SGA 4X11 BAMSR

    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > LAST CHANCE!!!!!



    I’ve heard a lot of anger with ‘Be All My Sins Remember'd’ SGA 4X11.

    I keep on hearing how inefficient the Aurora Class vessels were up against just two of our 304’s, 1 Aurora Class, 7 Hives and a few Traveller ships.

    They and we where up against 30 Aurora Class ships were dropping like flies.

    This thread on is if Dr. Weir had any involvement in the destruction of the Asuran homeworld or involvement with the Asuran ships being so weak. Was it possible that she had somehow got the shields down for Asuran ships?

    Views?????

    For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

    Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

    ....... or would you take more?



  2. #2

    Jack Re: Did Weir Have Anything To Do With It????

    It's possible, but I think it's also possible that Asgard weapons are just awesome. Also who's to say the repli-tech is as good as the original ancient tech they are emulating? We've always assumed it was as good or better, but maybe not.

  3. #3
    Lieutenant Colonel SGFerrit's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: Did Weir Have Anything To Do With It????

    Quote Originally Posted by VSHARMA View Post
    I’ve heard a lot of anger with ‘Be All My Sins Remember'd’ SGA 4X11.

    I keep on hearing how inefficient the Aurora Class vessels were up against just two of our 304’s, 1 Aurora Class, 7 Hives and a few Traveller ships.

    They and we where up against 30 Aurora Class ships were dropping like flies.

    This thread on is if Dr. Weir had any involvement in the destruction of the Asuran homeworld or involvement with the Asuran ships being so weak. Was it possible that she had somehow got the shields down for Asuran ships?

    Views?????
    Fact is, they weren't dropping like flies. The entire allied fllet killed, what? 4 or 5 Asuran ships. And it has been shown before that their ships can't fire as many drones at once as the Ancient Auroras.

    I just checked, and I only actually caught 4 Asuran Auroras being destryed. Some other ones had explosions on the hull, but we didn't see them destroyed. Like where the missils from the 302 hit an Aurora hyperdrive. Big explosion, but the ship seemingly wasn't destroyed. We lost 2 ships, 1 hive, and 1 Traveler ship. But then, I think we would have lost a hell of alot more had the 2 BC-304's not been there, or even if they just hadn't been upgraded.
    Last edited by SGFerrit; January 8th, 2008 at 01:19 PM.

  4. #4
    Lieutenant Colonel SGFerrit's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: Did Weir Have Anything To Do With It????

    Quote Originally Posted by Major_Griff View Post
    It's possible, but I think it's also possible that Asgard weapons are just awesome. Also who's to say the repli-tech is as good as the original ancient tech they are emulating? We've always assumed it was as good or better, but maybe not.
    I don't think it is.

  5. #5
    Captain RepliHawk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Replicating with the Cylons!!!
    Posts
    1,010

    Default Re: Did Weir Have Anything To Do With It????

    Quote Originally Posted by SGFerrit View Post
    I don't think it is.
    me either

  6. #6
    Chief Master Sergeant sg1adam's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Did Weir Have Anything To Do With It????

    Maybe she did have something to do with the Rep's downfall, remember the last scene.....?? But I guess we will see with following episodes and seasons.

  7. #7
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Did Weir Have Anything To Do With It????

    Quote Originally Posted by VSHARMA View Post
    Was it possible that she had somehow got the shields down for Asuran ships?
    Nope.

  8. #8
    Major Cap116's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    OA
    Posts
    2,542

    Default Re: Did Weir Have Anything To Do With It????

    I think Dr. Weir had more to do with the events in "This Mortal Coil," more so than what happened in BAMSR. It would make sense that she led the replicators of Niam's sect to believe she was dead, and keep the clone Atlantis team to beleive she was dead. I don't think she had anything to do with how the replicators fell, but I do think she got the wheels turning some how.

    : Green is Good.
    I NEED MORE POWER!!!

  9. #9
    Lieutenant General Mitchell82's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    16,340

    Default Re: Did Weir Have Anything To Do With It????

    Quote Originally Posted by SGFerrit View Post
    Fact is, they weren't dropping like flies. The entire allied fllet killed, what? 4 or 5 Asuran ships. And it has been shown before that their ships can't fire as many drones at once as the Ancient Auroras.

    I just checked, and I only actually caught 4 Asuran Auroras being destryed. Some other ones had explosions on the hull, but we didn't see them destroyed. Like where the missils from the 302 hit an Aurora hyperdrive. Big explosion, but the ship seemingly wasn't destroyed. We lost 2 ships, 1 hive, and 1 Traveler ship. But then, I think we would have lost a hell of alot more had the 2 BC-304's not been there, or even if they just hadn't been upgraded.
    I agree. The replicator tech is far from as good as the Ancients. It may look alike but is far from exactly the same. I don't think Weir had anything to do with it.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Similar Threads

  1. How did Weir Turn Into a Brunette? - the recasting of Dr Weir
    By Stargate Agent in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 330
    Last Post: April 8th, 2007, 01:56 AM
  2. What do you think of Weir? Why?
    By quasarsky in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 423
    Last Post: September 28th, 2006, 10:24 PM
  3. how old is weir?
    By soulblade64 in forum Stargate Atlantis
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: February 7th, 2006, 11:15 AM
  4. Weir
    By Atlantis_Man in forum Stargate Atlantis
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: August 17th, 2005, 12:54 AM
  5. Dr. Weir?
    By Jack O' Neil in forum Stargate Atlantis
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 25th, 2005, 07:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •