This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caldwell is a badass ship's captain

Rewatching a few episodes and the newest episodes, I never really noted what a kick ass job Caldwell does at the helm of a ship. He is just cool as a cucumber, spitting out commands rapid fire with great authority. He never seems suprised, stunned, or needs a minute to think--it's like his brain is just going a hundred miles an hour. Take note the next time you see him in a ship to ship battle scene, he's just kickass in that element.

This is why the Daedalus is the best ship of the fleet.

Comment

Daniel Jackson is the best ships captain ever..............
      quotes from 'company of thevies' SG1 10x09

NETAN: Your ship is battered. My scans tell me your
      shield strength is low, and if you had hyperdrive, you would have left long
      ago. Surrender now or be destroyed.

DANIEL: Right... Okey-dokey. We surrender!!!!!!

DANIEL: Uh, you should probably prepare to return fire.

MARKS: For the record... I'm always prepared.

MARKS: I just have to press this button here.

DANIEL: Right. I just-- I thought that's what you're supposed to say, so I...

MARKS: I know.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

aye he is the best we got, all the other captains seems either dopey and just follow what sg1/sga1 tell them to do, Ellis just seems to like bullying ppl and hope the he is involved in a "tragic accident" of rodneys creation

Comment

Caldwell is cool but I also liked Emerson RIP

Comment

Caldwell, Ronson, & Ellis are the most believable ship commanders so far in gate.

The rest are just props for the main cast to interact with from time to time like those Asgard puppets.

The one redeeming thing that Emerson ever said/did was ordering Carter not to assist the enemy in any way shape or form (“Company of Thieves”).

Of the three Caldwell is the most "badass" as the OP put it.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
            *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
            DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
            DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Yeah. People don't get to be captains of super secret spaceships by being nice to everyone. They get the job because they get results. And that means being a hardass sometimes.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Pendergast was the best while he was alive... Caldwell is now the ranking ship commander in my book. He's certainly the one with the most experience among all of them and has survived longer than any other ship commander.

Ace
                "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Caldwell is without a doubt the best ship commander we have. The ones on SG-1 were always push overs except Ronson, but I though the actor who played him was horrible. Ellis is good but too hard edged. Emmerson and Pendergast were only cool in their final eps, Pendergast getting to save his crew and go down with the ship and Emmerson ordering Sam not to help the LA at his own expense. And Davidson, the Oddessy commander in Dominion, was kinda weird. So Caldwell is leaps and bounds better than the rest, but I think Ellis might have a chance to close the gap a little if they develop him more.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                    Daniel Jackson is the best ships captain ever..............
                    quotes from 'company of thevies' SG1 10x09

NETAN: Your ship is battered. My scans tell me your
                    shield strength is low, and if you had hyperdrive, you would have left long
                    ago. Surrender now or be destroyed.

DANIEL: Right... Okey-dokey. We surrender!!!!!!

DANIEL: Uh, you should probably prepare to return fire.

MARKS: For the record... I'm always prepared.

MARKS: I just have to press this button here.

DANIEL: Right. I just-- I thought that's what you're supposed to say, so I...

MARKS: I know.

Comment

Yeah, Marks should definately get his own command in the future.

Comment

I don't think any of the ship captains we've seen so far are bad. not at all in fact. But Pendergast and Caldwell are a head above the rest. at least after caldwell got that pesky goa'uld out of him.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          I don't think any of the ship captains we've seen so far are bad. not at all in fact. But Pendergast and Caldwell are a head above the rest. at least after caldwell got that pesky goa'uld out of him.
                          Agreed. Also very OT here but I'd love for them to revisit that storline with Caldwell. I'm actually working on a fan fic about that.
                          Spoiler:
                          Baisicly it involves a typical day on Atlantis and then suddenly we get a mysterious distress call that is in the middle of nowhere. Obviously a trap but we still need to investigate it. So the Deadalus goes with the Apollo and Shep calls in a marker....Larin who offers two ships. We go and find a derlict Aurora class ship. We board and find the distress beacon however it was planted there by the Wraith. All of a suddena whole mess of Wraith ships arrive. Instead of firing right away Caldwell freezes. The team beams back aboard the ship and Caldwell finally gains controll and orders weapons free. But not before the Ancient ship is destroyed and we loose both Travelers ships but not before we beam a handfull over including Larin. We are getting pulverized so we get the hell out of dodge. Back on Atlantis Carter asks Caldwell what happend out there an he really can't give her an answer. Just that he has lost his faith in himself since the whole Critical Mass incident. She understands but temporairly releives him of duty pending a psych eval. He is frustrated at that but undestands. Unfotunatly the IOA hears about it and orders him discharged. We then have to figure out just what is going on with him and if there might be something very wrong with him. That is all I really have now I'm still putting my head to the grindstone so to speak.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Pendergast and Caldwell are definitely the best Ship Captain's we've ever had. Pendergast went down like a true hero, and Caldwell continues to impress me.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Pfft Pendergast didn't know his arse hole from his ear hole! Every time something happened he's just turn to whoever's on the bridge and say "what now?" LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X