Default Nanite Building Machine

Since what happened in Miller's Crossing, and the nanite table was found, couldn't McKay and Carter create nanites using that table for the purpose of medical purposes? Instead of creating them on Earth. Figure that would be the safest way, considering the outcome in Miller's Crossing.

: Green is Good.
    I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Major General

Default Re: Nanite Building Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Cap116 View Post
    Since what happened in Miller's Crossing, and the nanite table was found, couldn't McKay and Carter create nanites using that table for the purpose of medical purposes? Instead of creating them on Earth. Figure that would be the safest way, considering the outcome in Miller's Crossing.
    Who knows, maybe in the future they might revisit that 'use of nanites for healing'...

Lieutenant Colonel 2ndgenerationalteran's Avatar
    In the back of your neck, controling your brain

Probably, but the idea of being injected with your former enemy is not that hot of an idea. Plus Shep would deem you as a security threat.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

it would defininetaly prove to be an interesting advantage in fighting, i can regenerate when you injure me.

Jack Re: Nanite Building Machine

I think that table could only create nanites in human form, since Rodney couldn't make a block and had to create FRAN. So making medical nanites with that device would probably be impossible.

Is the table similar to the one that the replicators grew the team on in mortal coil or was it just similar

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan611 View Post
    Is the table similar to the one that the replicators grew the team on in mortal coil or was it just similar
    LOL : you are asking "is the table similar ... or it's just similar ? "

it's true either way : the word "similar" is identical to "similar" .... therefore the question is completely illogical . Sorry, but i couldn't help not noticing it .

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Major_Griff View Post
    I think that table could only create nanites in human form, since Rodney couldn't make a block and had to create FRAN. So making medical nanites with that device would probably be impossible.
    That's true : it was very clearly stated in the episode that the table can only generate complete nanite-based humanoids.

But, the writers have opened a can of worms in my opinion. From now on I'm expecting that McKay+Zelenka are able to create stable, trusted, properly programmed replicators whenever one is needed. "It's too dangerous" is just an excuse for letting one more Ancient technology rotten.
    The "be all my sins remebered" episode has just proven that it is possible and perfectly feasible to create and properly program replicators so that that are friendly and can be trusted - like Fran. This means that the Lanteans have rushed to give up on their "replicator project" way too soon : when they saw that the programming was flawed they should have simply re-designed the replicator software ! You don't give up building airplanes just because the first prototype couldn't take off !