I'm confused, two quick questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm confused, two quick questions

Why wasn't Elizabeth's ship detected? It was not Aurora class, correct?

Also what if somebody stumbles across (and "warms up" for lack of a better phrase) replicator debris from the first 7 Aurora's destroyed?

Originally posted by Nadji View Post

Also what if somebody stumbles across (and "warms up" for lack of a better phrase) replicator debris from the first 7 Aurora's destroyed?
    I would assume that Weirs group removed the tracking device from their ship or its not of Asuran manufacture and is a Aurora class left behind by the ancients

Well probably McKay will finish the shutdown code and neutralise those ones that way.
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
      I would assume that Weirs group removed the tracking device from their ship or its not of Asuran manufacture and is a Aurora class left behind by the ancients
      That is of course if Weir's intentions are not pure.

Well probably McKay will finish the shutdown code and neutralise those ones that way.
      I suppose so, but neutralizing all debris could prove a hard task

Comment

She probably knew about it and removed it to escape detection from other replicators.

And do you mean warm up actual nanite debris left over from the explosion? Or something else? If it's my first thought then their shouldn't be any since it should have been destroyed/altered severely by the nuclear reaction that caused the planet to explode.

Comment

That is of course if Weir's intentions are not pure.
          Eitherway it seems apparent that she does not want to be found just yet.

I suppose so, but neutralizing all debris could prove a hard task
          Quite, to be fair they will probably be left there, the chances of someone who knows what to do with them stumbling into them is incredibly small. Maybe Weirs group will do something with them.
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Quite, to be fair they will probably be left there, the chances of someone who knows what to do with them stumbling into them is incredibly small. Maybe Weirs group will do something with them.
            Weirs group and possibly the wraith are the only currently known species that may have the tech to re-form/defrost the cells successfully. I guess the point I'm trying to make is we cannot discard "Oberoth's Asurans" completely.

Comment

1. I just assumed they arrived afterwards, as in the knew what was going on, and waited out out range until the picked up a massive amount of energy (the planet being destroyed), even if they were in range for the sga, travelers or wraith to detect, they were all preoccupied.

2. Id imagine they were sucked down as well. Just because they were separated from the 'human' i can't see why they wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
                2. Id imagine they were sucked down as well. Just because they were separated from the 'human' i can't see why they wouldn't.
                The nanite cells were rendered inert and no longer working when exposed to the harsh conditions/temperatures of space, I don't believe they would have been sucked down with the activated cells in and around the planet.

Comment

The nanite cells were rendered inert and no longer working when exposed to the harsh conditions/temperatures of space, I don't believe they would have been sucked down with the activated cells in and around the planet.
                  Doesn't that take a while though? They would have been only exposed to space for a minute or two before feeling the effects. I think they would still be operational enough that they would be pulled down as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                    Doesn't that take a while though? They would have been only exposed to space for a minute or two before feeling the effects. I think they would still be operational enough that they would be pulled down as well.
                    Oh sorry you must have misunderstood, I was reffering to the unactivated nanite debris floating around in space left by the destruction of the first seven Aurora's solely eliminated by the Daedalus and the Apollo

Comment

Oh sorry you must have misunderstood, I was reffering to the unactivated nanite debris floating around in space left by the destruction of the first seven Aurora's solely eliminated by the Daedalus and the Apollo
                      Yes, I didn't realize you were talking about those ones. Knowing that then yes, I suppose they might not be attracted to the nanite blob. Also, it appears distance would have a great effect as well, and as it should. Gravity, even though it wasn't in the traditional sense, gets weaker as you get farther away. Also, it appeared the people on Weir's ship were replicators so they weren't drawn to the blob since they were probably far away before the explosion occurred.

Comment

If you subscribe to one theory of the chain of events, the navigation system given to Atlantis by the Repliclones could very well have come from that ship, taking it off the grid, so to speak.

Comment

That is an interesting thought.. and would explain why hers was 'off the grid'..

Comment

I agree she was probably away. Undetected because if her faction was indeed opposing Oberoth's main replicator collective there is no reason that her ship would have absolutely been "one of Oberoth's ships" as the core drive tracker could only track oberoth's ships.
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

The wraith, travellers and the sga team are probally the only ones advanced enough. They'd know better.

Comment

Working...
                              X