Am i missing something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am i missing something

Am i missing something? since carter is back then the oddesey apollo and the deadalus should be operational right? so why did only the deadalus and apollo come?

Originally posted by jdeterman View Post
    Am i missing something? since carter is back then the oddesey apollo and the deadalus should be operational right? so why did only the deadalus and apollo come?
    They probably wouldn't want to risk losing it, it still has the Asgard's core on it and the slightest possibility of the Asurans getting thier hands on that would be very bad also. At that point one more ship probably wouldn't have much difference either (when they were just targetting and ambushing single ships) and for the fleet just three wouldn't have been enough.

Plus, there are still plenty of powerfull ships in Milky way that could potentially be hostile and attack earth.

Comment

^ Pretty much sums it up.

Comment

Now i may be wrong, but season 4 of SGA is set after the two SG1 movies. It's not outside the realm of possibility that something happens to it that prevents it from being there.

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
          Now i may be wrong, but season 4 of SGA is set after the two SG1 movies. It's not outside the realm of possibility that something happens to it that prevents it from being there.
          It's not out the realm of possibility, but it's more likely there was no way in hell that the military would leave Earth without any ships for defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
            Spoiler:
            It survives The Ark Of Truth, but I don't know about Continuum.

Comment

Well, the Odyssey is mentioned a few times but never makes an appearance in Atlantis. And the same in SG-1, Apollo and Daedalus are mentioned but never show up. The only time the Odyssey shows up in Atlantis is in Pegasus Project, other than that, they don't cross series.

Plus Uncle Tobias, makes an excellent point. Who wants the Wraith or Asurans to have a chance to get their hands on the Asgard core.

: Green is Good.
              sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

I am pretty sure a ZPM is more powerful then an Asgard core.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                  I am pretty sure a ZPM is more powerful then an Asgard core.
                  hmmm..and I am pretty sure that ZPM is a power source while core is like information repository (plus a CORE). So I wonder what made you compare those two unless you think Asgard core is some kind of power source!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdbond View Post
                    hmmm..and I am pretty sure that ZPM is a power source while core is like information repository (plus a CORE). So I wonder what made you compare those two unless you think Asgard core is some kind of power source!!
                    but i thought the asgard core was in all 3 ships? might be wrong, been a while since i've watch S10.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
                      but i thought the asgard core was in all 3 ships? might be wrong, been a while since i've watch S10.
                      I don't think we know whether all three ships have the core yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        I don't think we know whether all three ships have the core yet.
                        I don't know if core is in any ship anymore (I am sure Apollo and Daedalus are with out core) . It might be in area 51 where scientists are ripping it's pieces one by one. Not only it's not really required on any ship, it might not be safe on any of the ships. As Sam said, core has dumbed things down for humans so either earth will copy all that is in core and leave it on Odyssey or they will take the core out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
                          They learned to make that plasma weapon from core and put it on all those ships. Thats how I see it. Afterall, core is just a whole lot of information. It was in Odyssey because there was no other option but other ships don't need core if they can simply use the information in the core to build weapons and stuff.

Comment

Asgard Core == a computer.

Asgard Core != a glorious power source for Odyssey and all other ships.

The Asgard Core is a computer with a built-in power source (think laptop with relatively never-ending battery or a built-in generator) so that it won't infringe on Odyssey's ZPM.

Comment

apollo and the deadalus are already established ships on the show ...it would confuse the fans that only watch atlantis if another ship pop in

besides i'm sure budget only allowed two earth ships
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X