Meeting on the Hive Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting on the Hive Ship

Did anyone else think it was a bit "out-of-character" for Sheppard's team to be meeting on one of SEVEN Hive Ships? In the past, they would have NEVER done that. They would have met on a neutral world with 4 Puddle Jumpers stationed around and hidden, ready to rise up and defend the team at the first sign of trouble. In other words they would have had redundant security or at least a contingency plan. Now I know I'm going to hear "It was a plot device to...", and fill in the blank with any number of reasons, but even if it was, it was a stupid plot device and it completely undermines their past strategies in similar situations.

Now with that said this was easily my favorite episode this season (Obviously for other reasons).
    sigpic

I agree, it was a stupid thing to do considering the Wraith stabbed them in the back last time they worked together. What was to stop them putting a subspace transmitter on the puddle jumper so they can find the position of Atlantis?
    sigpic

Comment

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
        I agree, it was a stupid thing to do considering the Wraith stabbed them in the back last time they worked together. What was to stop them putting a subspace transmitter on the puddle jumper so they can find the position of Atlantis?
        Exactly.

And after thinking about this a bit, the ONLY POSSIBLE explanation was actually given in the episode (in a way). When the Wraith asked them to take off his restraints because it would show the other Wraith that they trusted them. The same could be said about meeting on the Hive Ship to show them they trusted this "alliance". But that doesn't mean that Carter would EVER authorize it. It would be a good way to show them they trust them, but it could possibly come at a great cost...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Desperate times call for desperate measures.
          Totally agree.

Comment

While it does irk me that they would have done this, it seems reasonable that they would try to show some expression of good faith in the negotiations. However, I would have definitely pushed to do this on a neutral planet with everyone unarmed, except for the cloaked jumpers overhead of course but perhaps the Wraith insisted on doing it that way.

Comment

They were in a bad position and had to do that or nothing. I agree, it was dangerous and could have ended very badly.

Vala,

Comment

One must also take timing into account. Did they have the time to make arrangements to meet elsewhere, and set up the security??

Comment

Even if it was a neutral planet they arent much safer. 12+ hives in orbit thousands of darts loaded with soldiers. Plus they were not in the position to be commanding the negotiation, the wraith could have just walked away.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                    Todd knows where Atlantis is. Todd is alive. Todd is out there. Todd has regained lots of power me thinks because of this alliance. IE, the Wraith know where Atlantis is, but they also know Atlantis is restocked on drones, and have ships capable of owning them at a moments notice.

The Wraith aren't going to try and use Atlantis to get to Earth anymore. They're gonna use the gate, because that's really the only safe approach. And Besides, they're humiliated that their 10,000 years of domination have failed to completely stall human technological evolution in the Pegasus Galaxy.
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

im thinking todd wanted to meet and suck on a human while at it THEN talk
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                        Todd knows where Atlantis is. Todd is alive. Todd is out there. Todd has regained lots of power me thinks because of this alliance. IE, the Wraith know where Atlantis is, but they also know Atlantis is restocked on drones, and have ships capable of owning them at a moments notice.The Wraith aren't going to try and use Atlantis to get to Earth anymore. They're gonna use the gate, because that's really the only safe approach. And Besides, they're humiliated that their 10,000 years of domination have failed to completely stall human technological evolution in the Pegasus Galaxy.
                        The only Wraith ship that knew the location of Atlantis was the two Hive ships in The Seer. The only way Todd would know the location of Atlantis is if?* Sheppard allowed him to see the Gate address and I think we know Sheppard would never do that.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          The only Wraith ship that knew the location of Atlantis was the two Hive ships in The Seer. The only way Todd would know the location of Atlantis is if?* Sheppard allowed him to see the Gate address and I think we know Sheppard would never do that.
                          Todd was in contact with his hive the entire time. It's not as if he can't just magically read other Wraith's minds....oh wait.
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

But he never saw the gate address for Atlantis and the Hive ships in The Seer never transmitted a message.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              But he never saw the gate address for Atlantis and the Hive ships in The Seer never transmitted a message.
                              Wraith telepathic network.

They could have told him mentaly

Comment

Working...
                              X