Drones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy17 View Post
    We see the drones cut through shields in Lost City Part II. These are Goa'uld shields which operate on a specific frequency as explained by carter. If something is strong enough, or fast enough it may be able to pass through, like when Jonas and Danial pushed through the shield on the door on Anubis' ship (albeit damaged slightly) Drones may not pass through more advanced shielding like Asgard design, or their own design like on the Puddle Jumper.

Only a theory... please don't smite me even those two get it wrong sometimes
    Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
    it didnt bounce of the shield in the return part 2 it skimmed the shield and you seen the shield reacting to the drone partially passing through as sheppard pulled the jumper away
    Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
    I have always figured that the Gould Shield technology is based on force fields that oscilate as stated in upgrades. The Drones just emit a field that keeps a hole open and it slips in. Lantean technology uses shields that are solid with no oscilations so drones can't find a hole to keep open. And it bounced if it passed through there is no way it would have veered off.

Drones are like energy wepons depends on the streangth of the sheild is whether the drone will compleataly pass through the sheild, or whether the sheilds affect the drone

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan611 View Post
      Drones are like energy wepons depends on the streangth of the sheild is whether the drone will compleataly pass through the sheild, or whether the sheilds affect the drone
      ...was there anything but speculation in there...?

But seriously, it's high time TPTB gave us some concrete facts about drones. This is getting rediculous.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

its from what has been seen in the episodes, deduction

Comment

Im going to go rewatch the end of lost city but might the quantities be an isue a few drops of water wont go through paper but if you hold it under a tap it will gush through

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan611 View Post
            When did that ever come as canon, the jumper's shield blocked a drone and the Hatak's most definitely can take more shots than that dinky little thing can. It doesn't seem its a matter or power put in but rather of design.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Different shields seems most plausible when it comes to stopping drones.

I think i saw drones being fired too.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaxez View Post
                Doesn't drones ignore shields? As seen in lost city?

On a side note: Is it spelled Ronon or Ronan, the smiley says Ronan. And then Ronon when you hold over it -.-
                It is Ronon rather than Ronan.

I always thought it was just that drones could go through Goa'uld and Anubis' shields because the drones were more advanced. I never assumed that because a drone could go through a goa'uld shield it could go through every other type of shield. In the battle in BAMSR I do think that drones were used, I just think that drones are not as effective against asgard and ancient designed shields.
                sigpic
                If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Efficient against shields or not, there should have been a sky full of thouse drones coming from Asurians side.

This isnt some small outspot that destroyed a whole Anubis fleet, this is a homeworld of a 10000 years old Machines, that has access to unlimited power and superfast building abilitys and 30+ Aurora class spaceships on an orbit...
                  Makes me woudner, is there at least 1 bad guy in Stargate Universe who can match the IQ of Tauris.
                  We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

Originally posted by EarthandBeyond View Post
                    Efficient against shields or not, there should have been a sky full of thouse drones coming from Asurians side.

This isnt some small outspot that destroyed a whole Anubis fleet, this is a homeworld of a 10000 years old Machines, that has access to unlimited power and superfast building abilitys and 30+ Aurora class spaceships on an orbit...
                    Makes me woudner, is there at least 1 bad guy in Stargate Universe who can match the IQ of Tauris.
                    I agree. The Asurans had all the knowledge of the unascended Lanteans. Their aurora class ships were just as good as the Lantean ones (nothing says otherwise). They can interface directly with the technology (Ancient tech interfaces with Ancient tech). They should have been firing thousands of drones at a time, from the ships and the surface. Asgard technology should only equal Ancient technology. It should not surpass it. They quickly build ships (perfectly)
                    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                      I agree. The Asurans had all the knowledge of the unascended Lanteans. Their aurora class ships were just as good as the Lantean ones (nothing says otherwise). They can interface directly with the technology (Ancient tech interfaces with Ancient tech). They should have been firing thousands of drones at a time, from the ships and the surface. Asgard technology should only equal Ancient technology. It should not surpass it. They quickly build ships (perfectly)
                      The Asurans probably would have been firing a whole pile of drones from the surface just like the Antarctic Outpost did, but they didn't have the chance.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                        The Asurans probably would have been firing a whole pile of drones from the surface just like the Antarctic Outpost did, but they didn't have the chance.
                        The advantage of beeing a machine, is that you can make decisions in a matter of nanoseconds. Its all programmed in them already. Instead they act like some old ZX spectrums. Infact most of there system should have been Automatic to start with.

The whole Asuran race have been buthered me from the start. On one side they should have been advanced machines, yet for all there advancment, they didnt even had any what so ever Robotic creatures. They could have build Terminators, mech-warriors even transformers, instead they took a shape of Humans, they are slow and overconfident. I understand that in the past they couldnt change there base code, but after they gain access to alowing changing there base code, why havent they done anything?
                        We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

BUt they still have a conscience that can contemplate. As we've seen in TMC the Replicators still have worry, meaning they can fear. When we attacked they are allowed to panic. Them being robotic does not make that impossible, and panic is as likely to happen as anger, surprise and arrogance. So initially they probably did panic and try to rush someone into a control chair to fire them with absolute clarity. By then it seems that FRAN activated and she soon neutralized the planet based threat. Its also possible that they beamed her right next to a control center for the drones, or Rodney disabled their firing mechanism when he gained control over the city's power.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                            BUt they still have a conscience that can contemplate. As we've seen in TMC the Replicators still have worry, meaning they can fear. When we attacked they are allowed to panic. Them being robotic does not make that impossible, and panic is as likely to happen as anger, surprise and arrogance. So initially they probably did panic and try to rush someone into a control chair to fire them with absolute clarity. By then it seems that FRAN activated and she soon neutralized the planet based threat. Its also possible that they beamed her right next to a control center for the drones, or Rodney disabled their firing mechanism when he gained control over the city's power.
                            They are machines not humans, why would they need a chaire?

Comment

Greater control, greater view of the action. Probably ability to control more. Still yet thats not the point they had less than a minute to compose them selves and retaliate in an organized fashion.

Comment

They copy the Ancients in every possible way, they even built themselves a replica of Atlantis. It seems likley therefore that they would use a chair to fire drones because thats how the Ancients did it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X