Drones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drones

I don't understand one thing, one crucial thing.

The aurora class ships use drones don't they?

Doesn't drones ignore shields? As seen in lost city?

Given that they had 30 ships, no matter how good our weapons was... shouldn't the replicators have been able to kill A LOT of the attacking ships?

On a side note: Is it spelled Ronon or Ronan, the smiley says Ronan. And then Ronon when you hold over it -.-
    Last edited by Yaxez; 07 January 2008, 01:37 PM.

Nope, they don't ignore shields. A drone bounced off of the Puddle Jumper's shields in The Return Part 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaxez View Post
      I don't understand one thing, one crucial thing.

The aurora class ships use drones don't they?

Doesn't drones ignore shields? As seen in lost city?

Given that they had 30 ships, no matter how good our weapons was... shouldn't the replicators have been able to kill A LOT of the attacking ships?

On a side note: Is it spelled Ronon or Ronan, the smiley says Ronan. And then Ronon when you hold over it -.-
      Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Nope, they don't ignore shields. A drone bounced off of the Puddle Jumper's shields in The Return Part 2.
      A friend and I have been trying to figure this one out for a while now. And the last episode through in a bit of extra confusion but he thinks he can explain and i'm inclined to go with it.

Yes Drones can go through shields. There has often been evidence that they can. In the case of the return part 2 it was merely a glancing blow therefore the drone bounced off. Now BAMSR creates a new problem of course, but the explanation we've decided upon is that they weren't using drones. yes there are still inconsistancies with that theory but in the episode he tells me that the weapons the asurans were fireing did not quite look like the drones we usually see. They were also being fired in small bursts where as the allied aurora was fireing in the pattern we have come to expect. The reason for this may be that either the asurans for whatever reason don't use drones or the asurans cut massive corners in the fleets construction, hence the reason why they were built so fast.

I know many many many people will disagree but that's pretty much what we've decided on and it seems to make sense for the most part.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        Well, you could argue that it slid in and out, too.

But they do bypass Goa'uld-designed shields. We have yet to see the effect of drones on Asgard or Ancient-designed shielding.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

We see the drones cut through shields in Lost City Part II. These are Goa'uld shields which operate on a specific frequency as explained by carter. If something is strong enough, or fast enough it may be able to pass through, like when Jonas and Danial pushed through the shield on the door on Anubis' ship (albeit damaged slightly) Drones may not pass through more advanced shielding like Asgard design, or their own design like on the Puddle Jumper.

Only a theory... please don't smite me even those two get it wrong sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Yaxez View Post
            Maybe its Ronon when used for a boy and Ronan when used for a girl (hint hint Teyla)
            sigpic

Comment

it didnt bounce of the shield in the return part 2 it skimmed the shield and you seen the shield reacting to the drone partially passing through as sheppard pulled the jumper away

Comment

Eh, let's not start that up again. Either way, it's the first time we saw it interact with shields, so it does have an effect.

Comment

lol fair doos

Comment

I don't think the Auroras were using as many drones as they should have been. Maybe they were in the middle of re-arming when they were attacked because they would have used a few drones when they were busy wiping out human worlds. I thought I saw an Aurora using it's big gun things at one point, but it was hard to tell. Anyway, if they had been shooting off huge numbers of drones there would have been a lot more damage done to the allied fleet I reckon, especially to the unshielded Wraith ships.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                      I don't think the Auroras were using as many drones as they should have been. Maybe they were in the middle of re-arming when they were attacked because they would have used a few drones when they were busy wiping out human worlds. I thought I saw an Aurora using it's big gun things at one point, but it was hard to tell. Anyway, if they had been shooting off huge numbers of drones there would have been a lot more damage done to the allied fleet I reckon, especially to the unshielded Wraith ships.
                      I completely agree there should have been a lot more drones flying around until the Asurans were consumed by the blob. How much more dramatic would it have been for hundreds or thousands of drones coming up from the planet and being launched by the Auroras. Taking out some the huge hives and starting to really damage the 304s, then when the final volley is about to wipe out the remaining fleet, they fall dead as all the replicators are consumed by the blob and can't control them anymore. Then the zpm's go off as expected and they jump out of there and all is good. Would have been better then the nutronium(sp?) solution when the power grid goes out, imo. And a lot cooler looking.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        asurans cut massive corners in the fleets construction, hence the reason why they were built so fast.

I know many many many people will disagree but that's pretty much what we've decided on and it seems to make sense for the most part.
                        Ohh, that might explain also, why we handed them their butts so easily. The ships were not up to par with the Atlantean versions of the Auroras..

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                        I completely agree there should have been a lot more drones flying around until the Asurans were consumed by the blob. How much more dramatic would it have been for hundreds or thousands of drones coming up from the planet and being launched by the Auroras..
                        Tha twould have been cool, though depending on how many got sent up it might have ment curtains for our heroes and the fleet..

Comment

I have always figured that the Gould Shield technology is based on force fields that oscilate as stated in upgrades. The Drones just emit a field that keeps a hole open and it slips in. Lantean technology uses shields that are solid with no oscilations so drones can't find a hole to keep open. And it bounced if it passed through there is no way it would have veered off.
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

btw the one anubis used had ancient knowledge behind them so they might of been different to normal gouald hataks but still

and the asuran ships did use drones like when sheppard ship said that one ship was heading at full sublight and powering hyperdrive so shep fired drones in which the other asuran ship fired there to block sheps drones but 3 managed to make it through til it exploded

i think the writers had given the drones too much power in the lost city so they might of dumbed it down little to allow them to hit shields
                            sigpic

Comment

Drones can go through Go'uld shields, Anubis Ancient knock off shields and even Ori shields.
                              Now for most of SG1 Ori shields were the most advance ones built no weapon could have penetrated them until the Asgard built one. The beam that came out of the small gate in "The Pegasus Project" did not damage the ship until the wormhole did not jumped to the Supergate and created the unstable vortex which destroyed the ship.
                              So in saying this what I think is that in Unending the Asgard installed new shield tech on the Odessey which can even stop drones. This means that the only shields that can stop Drones are City ship shields, Travelers? and latest Asgard(BC304).

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X