This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Musical Theme

What do you hope for in the new opening theme to Atlantis?

I'd be OK with just about anything, as long as it isn't a reuse of a Rod Stewart song.

Something liek the Enteprise theme!

just kidding...

Comment

Anyone play that PC game "Age Of Mythology"? The song on the main menu would be cool as the theme song.

Comment

More mystical, less egyptian, smoother. Would be cool to have some SG-1/Movie undertones for continuity. I don't like the idea of using a song with lyrics like Enterprise.

Comment

Something like SG-1, but with more drums

Comment

Haha... just as long as it's not like the theme song from Infinity! Yeah... but I doubt they'd go for a song with lyrics... I'm almost sure it'll be just music. And I have faith in the musical people to create a great theme.
            Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

I still like the first part of Track #5 on the SG-1 soundtrack. "Egyptology". It's just a remix of the theme, but I like the ethnic-y sound of it.

Atlantis will likely be quite a bit different from SG-1, though, just to distinguish itself.

Comment

Originally posted by brandohall
                Something liek the Enteprise theme!

just kidding...
                Thank goodness.
                Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

I think something mystical sounding would be good. Anything different to SG-1s, which personally, i've always found quite boring.

I also hope the actual theme is more exciting than SG-1s Season 1-5s theme with the big egyption head thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ReplicatorX
                    I think something mystical sounding would be good. Anything different to SG-1s, which personally, i've always found quite boring.
                    Boring?!?! if David Arnold was dead he'd be turning in his grave right now! I believe the Stargate theme is one of the greatest themes to have been created. I rank it up there with the Star Wars and Indiana Jones themes.

I like this thread. Music is good. I think it should maybe have an adventurous upbeat feeling, yet still feel dark. The Imperial march was upbeat, yet it had the dark connotations to it. I think they should have some dark variation to the Stargate theme.

Does anyone know if the producers will be getting Joel Goldsmith to do the music on Atlantis? he will afterall be doing it for SG-1 and Atlantis, which would be a hard thing to do. Scoring 40 odd episodes would be difficult to keep the music interesting.

I'd like to see the producers bring in David Arnold to do a nice new theme tune I'd like to see them experiment a little with the music in the show and perhaps bring in some new composers. See if they can add a new dimension to the music.

And also, please no cheesy singer that would be bad in oh so many ways

I could go for anything. I would love a big brass over the top percussionistic adventurous theme with perhaps a gothic feel to it. Adding some choral elements to it could definitely gothic it up a bit.

I read this on gaters and i think it was interesting:

From what I've seen and heard about the show (along the basic knowledge about the sutff regarding Atlantis), it has some links to the greek and roman cultures, so I'd expect something more in line with the music generally affiliated to that part of the world.
                    More Caesar-like music, less egyptian.
                    Think Gladiator!

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                    from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Boring?!?! if David Arnold was dead he'd be turning in his grave right now! I believe the Stargate theme is one of the greatest themes to have been created. I rank it up there with the Star Wars and Indiana Jones themes.
                      Maybe it wasn't just the theme music, as I mentioned seeing a big egyption head thing for 5 seasons isn't real entertaining. The change in Season 6 was a little better.

The theme atleast fits the show, i'll give them that

Comment

Next time you say something is boring at least know what you mean. You thought the motion control shot of the headmask of ra was boring. I can understand why you might think that.

Personally I loved it. It was mysterious, it was different. It was something not a lot of shows had. Most shows would rely on a montage of shots in which there is a cut every 2 seconds to keep their viewers interested, which SG-1 has went for in since they moved to the Sci-Fi Channel. Anyways, we're talking about the music involved and not the visuals of the opening titles.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                        from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

I have no idea for a theme song. It would have to be catchy and interesting and less Egyptian like as obviously this series has nothing to do with egyptian things. Well, sort of
                          __

__

Comment

Well I think that we have already heard parts of the Atlantis theme if you listen to the last minutes of Lost City part 2 when the "Jack" thing happens and the team is talking...listen to the background music...it sounds pretty cool.

Comment

i loved that music when jack healed bra'tak and the bit before it in the map room

Comment

Working...
                              X