Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theory about Weir, Replicators, and Tracking system (Spoilers for BAMSR and TMC)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theory about Weir, Replicators, and Tracking system (Spoilers for BAMSR and TMC)

In This Mortal Coil the team is given a tracking system for all of the replicator ships. Now after watching Be All My Sins Remember'd and seeing Weir with an Aurora class vessel I have a theory.

What if Weir set up the entire fake Atlantis. Now hear me out.

She knew that the replicators would never let her and her replicators try to reach ascension still they wanted to keep her and study. So she stole an Aurora class with help from her replicator buddies. They then set up a new atlantis with the fake team. She knew that they would figure it out that they were on a fake atlantis given the right amouont of time. So when things were right she attacked the fake atlantis with her own Aurora class. So when the city was attacked she told replikeller to give them the tracking unit knowing fully that she and her replicators could not match the other replicators in battle. Then she let the repliteam escape and took the tracking system knowing fully that they would take it to the real atlantis. So then she flew back to the replicator homeworld knowing they would need a hypderspace capable ship. Then the real Asurans came and hunted them down, but not before the real team got the tracking system.

The reason that the real Weir did this elobrate plan was to get rid of the Asurans something she couldn't do with her limited resources.

So does anyone agree or disagree because I love a good well thought out debate

Also if you don't understand what I mean just let me know because I do make things confusing sometimes and if anyone else thought of this and posted it before me (My bad)
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Well, that does seem excessively complicated. By your theory, Weir just wanted our team to get the tracking device, right?

Why couldn't she just bypass the fake team directly and go to New Athos to contact Atlantis base herself?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Why couldn't she just bypass the fake team directly and go to New Athos to contact Atlantis base herself?
      This has been brought up in the discussion threads for BAMSR and Season 4, but one person (sorry I don't remember who) answered that part of it, which seemed to be the only hangup to the theory--why would Weir lie, and go so far as to create a clone of herself, then tell that clone 'real Weir' was dead?

By ordering Repli!Keller to tell clone!Weir that the real Elizabeth was dead (and knowning 'clone!Elizabeth' would pass that on to John) it ensured there would be no hesitation on the Lantian's part about the destruction of the Asuran homeworld.

Remember in Lifeline that Sheppard said "If she's out there, I'll find her". At the time of TMC, the assumption by Sheppard was that there was a possibility she was alive and being held hostage on the Replicator homeworld. If he still thought that, it might mean some hesitation on his part in utterly destroying the planet. Though the decision might not ultimately have been his, it might have added some hang-ups to the plan.

By having Sheppard believe that Weir had been killed by Oberoth, however, it left no hesitation on the Lantians part to destroy the entire planet as quickly as possible. Weir being dead meant no chance of her being rescued.

I thought that made a lot of sense. As to whether it'll be revisted...

Spoiler:
      :
      If it is real Weir, the only other question is 'what is she doing in hiding?'. That is something that hopefully will be answered in season 5. As it stands, the storyline IS indeed being revisted--it's just been confirmed from Joe Mallozzi's blog by Martin Gero.

promogirl writes: “ 2) Will we see a resolution (or continuation) to the Weir storyline in season 5?”

Martin: ... Weir’s storyline will be revisited in season 5.
      I'm guessing this means Torri Higginson is back too, so we'll find out whether Weir planned it or not.
      Last edited by Eri13; 06 January 2008, 04:01 PM.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good points made by all of you. Im interested in seeing how her return plays out not only for the rest of this season but next as well.

As to IF its the "REAL" Weir. I would like it to be!

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
          In This Mortal Coil the team is given a tracking system for all of the replicator ships. Now after watching Be All My Sins Remember'd and seeing Weir with an Aurora class vessel I have a theory.

What if Weir set up the entire fake Atlantis. Now hear me out.

She knew that the replicators would never let her and her replicators try to reach ascension still they wanted to keep her and study. So she stole an Aurora class with help from her replicator buddies. They then set up a new atlantis with the fake team. She knew that they would figure it out that they were on a fake atlantis given the right amouont of time. So when things were right she attacked the fake atlantis with her own Aurora class. So when the city was attacked she told replikeller to give them the tracking unit knowing fully that she and her replicators could not match the other replicators in battle. Then she let the repliteam escape and took the tracking system knowing fully that they would take it to the real atlantis. So then she flew back to the replicator homeworld knowing they would need a hypderspace capable ship. Then the real Asurans came and hunted them down, but not before the real team got the tracking system.

The reason that the real Weir did this elobrate plan was to get rid of the Asurans something she couldn't do with her limited resources.

So does anyone agree or disagree because I love a good well thought out debate

Also if you don't understand what I mean just let me know because I do make things confusing sometimes and if anyone else thought of this and posted it before me (My bad)
          I think that theory is possible.

However, I think that the real Weir was eventually "assimilated" by Oberoth. the nanites, reprogrammed, took control of her mind. However, her human side still exerted some control, enough for her to work behind Oberoth's back (most likely on ascension). She found away to mask her Ancient warship from the tracker. It seems as though the Asuran warships were different from the normal Lantean Warships. Maybe they have some sort of tracker in them so that Oberoth can keep up with them ( after all, that's how he found the fake Atlantis). So, Weir probably removed it.

it is clear that she is the real Weir (why would there be another clone?). As well, it makes sense that she would be taken over by the nanites (in Weir's mind probe, Oberoth had no intention of killing her).
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

By ordering Repli!Keller to tell clone!Weir that the real Elizabeth was dead (and knowning 'clone!Elizabeth' would pass that on to John) it ensured there would be no hesitation on the Lantian's part about the destruction of the Asuran homeworld.
            Ohhhh, I like that, I like that a lot.

There is still one thing that's bothering me though. There is still no need for the DupliTeam. I mean, you could've had the BAMSR!Weir pretend to be a dupliWeir and tell our team everything the Dupliteam did. Then, using her own ship to pretend to attack the team, the destraction plan still could've gone down, with our team returning to Atlantis with the tracking device and the same knowledge they'd have had in TMC.

Comment

Just for the record if this comes true I don't want everyone claiming they knew when it was me
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Just for the record if this comes true I don't want everyone claiming they knew when it was me
                Check the Shep/Weir thread, several of us had the same idea. Although looking by the time stamp on this thread you beat us. YAY you.
                sigpic
                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                  Check the Shep/Weir thread, several of us had the same idea. Although looking by the time stamp on this thread you beat us. YAY you.
                  Hurray for me but I guess great minds think alike
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic

Comment

Hurray for me but I guess great minds think alike
                    sorry i thought i checked the threads
                    Avidffanimation YouTube | AvidffanFiction Youtube | AvidffanAlpha Youtube
                    sigpic

Comment

I agree with your theory.
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Maybe Oberoth took on the form of Dr. Wier. Like the repli-Dr. keller said: before they were prohibited from taking on the form of any living human.. but no longer. Or myabe Wier did die and he was allowed to change. Better looking anyway :-)
                        Last edited by jn3; 08 January 2008, 05:40 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Working...
                        X