This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate World system requirements.

Has there been any information of the system requirements for Stargate Worlds. I also heard they might make a version for the 360 would it be on the same servers the pcs have. And if they do make a 360 version would it be dumbed down at all graphically.
    sigpic

Well, im curoius what are the system reqs, i'll buy a new comp for this game tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Orifan777 View Post
      Well, im curoius what are the system reqs, i'll buy a new comp for this game tbh.
      Lmao! Me too. I'm so excited!

...It's an online game right? i'd like it better if it was jut a normal PC game, not online, but whatever.

Comment

you'll need at least over 9000 to play it.

Comment

no game specs out right now as it is still a far way off. during the open Beta they are requiring participants to send their computer specs in, so they get an idea of how the game runs on each system.

it won't be coming to xbox, I would like to see a single player console Stargate game, but with the history of Stargate games and the current situation I really doubt it.

Comment

I've heard some rumors about the requirements:

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
            2.0 GHZ Single Core Processor (1.8 GHZ on Windows XP)
            1.5 Gbytes of System RAM
            NVIDIA 6300 or ATI x800 Video Card
            15 GB of Free Hard Drive Space
            DirectX 9.0c
            DVD ROM
            High Speed Internet connection
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

^ they're pretty optimistic requirements. Dunno where you got them from, but I would be expecting a bit higher than that to run the game decently

Comment

A Goa'uld god knows everything. I have my spies... If you have better computer, than it wil run greatly. This was only the minimal requirements above. 15 GByte HDD? Will it be released on 4 DVD?
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

no, it will probably run like **** on a computer with that. I can't imagine anyone wanting to run the game, or any new release game for that matter, on anything less than a dual core, 2gb, 8800gt equivalent at the minimum. Pro tip: whenever you see official system requirements for a game ignore the 'minimum' specs and use the 'recommended' as your baseline for a minimum spec computer.

15gb is not large for an mmo. that will be after it is uncompressed, so probably a 2 DVD install.

Comment

Oh my, I hadn't heard of this game. I will need to go search out info on it.
                    Learn how the Stargate name is being used in a con, and do your part to stop it!

Comment

The graphics aren't exactly stellar, with all the bells and whistles turned off I can see it running on a gig of ram, or even less.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        The graphics aren't exactly stellar, with all the bells and whistles turned off I can see it running on a gig of ram, or even less.
                        err, no...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                          err, no...
                          Have you seen the graphics? They look pretty poor to be honest, and that's when they're being shown at their best. You can run WoW on less than 512k ram, so I don't think running this on a gig is that much of a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            Have you seen the graphics? They look pretty poor to be honest, and that's when they're being shown at their best. You can run WoW on less than 512k ram, so I don't think running this on a gig is that much of a stretch.
                            the screenshots are from beta builds mate and WoW is over 4 years old. I can tell you that you want 2 gigs RAM for gaming, any gaming, minimum despite what the system requirements may say. Depending on how big the scale of this game is (ie whether there will situations where there are bulk players in one area), you'll probably want more than that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              I've heard some rumors about the requirements:

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
                              2.0 GHZ Single Core Processor (1.8 GHZ on Windows XP)
                              1.5 Gbytes of System RAM
                              NVIDIA 6300 or ATI x800 Video Card
                              15 GB of Free Hard Drive Space
                              DirectX 9.0c
                              DVD ROM
                              High Speed Internet connection
                              The only thing that I see I don't have on my comp is the RAM and the video card. SP3 shouldn't matter but not sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X