ARK OF TRUTH Soundtrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    the opening music was ripped straight from the stargate music from the '95 movie, just the 'Goa'uld/Jaffa theme' part to it was replaced with the 'Ori Theme'. Thought it didn't sound that good tbh. Dunno about a soundtrack either - the Atlantis soundtrack that was released was kinda lame.

It wasn't ripped straight from the first movie. I mean, it's pretty much the same, but a few tiny little cues were slightly, and I mean slightly different.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Look at Joel Goldsmith's site. http://www.freeclyde.com/index.html

The banner at the top of the side doesn't that remind you of a prior. It says coming 2008. Furthermore he mentions on his forums that big news regarding CD releases are coming for 2008.

Comment

It's the first thing that striked me, in the begining of AoT preview video. The amazing similarity with David Arnold's opening theme of the original Stargate movie. The dramatic part at the end was clearly different though (less "Egyptian"... more "Ori")

There is another moment in Ark of Truth's soundtrack that reminded me of something.. at the moment when they arrive with the Odyssey in front of the supergate, (at about the 27th min), the pompous music sounded a bit like the old Galactica theme.. or is it just me? Then, when they're about to go through the gate, the classic Stargate theme takes on, and, (it's not about music, but...) I like the profile view of the event horizon, a bit like when Daniel first went through the gate in the original movie..

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
          It's the first thing that striked me, in the begining of AoT preview video. The amazing similarity with David Arnold's opening theme of the original Stargate movie. The dramatic part at the end was clearly different though (less "Egyptian"... more "Ori")

There is another moment in Ark of Truth's soundtrack that reminded me of something.. at the moment when they arrive with the Odyssey in front of the supergate, (at about the 27th min), the pompous music sounded a bit like the old Galactica theme.. or is it just me? Then, when they're about to go through the gate, the classic Stargate theme takes on, and, (it's not about music, but...) I like the profile view of the event horizon, a bit like when Daniel first went through the gate in the original movie..
          That music was Cameron's theme. It hasn't been heard since the first episode of season nine, right at the beginning when he's in front of the gate, touching it and remembering his 302 crash.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I thought the music at the end with
            Spoiler:
            the ark and the priors
            was really nice. I'd love a longer version if they sold a soundtrack.

Comment

http://gateworld.net/news/2008/02/ia...k_coming.shtml

* happy dance *
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                * Joins the happy dance *
                sigpic

Comment

* drums to call other GW users *

So it seems the soundtrack will include season 9 and 10 too?
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

* drums to call other GW users *

So it seems the soundtrack will include season 9 and 10 too?
                    yh probably r u all gonna buy it?
                    sigpic
                    [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
                      yh probably r u all gonna buy it?

I like the song when the Oddy goes to through the gate . I think I'll get it if it has a reasonable price and not 30 euros

Comment

If it is going to have melody from Avalon, Beachhead, Camelot, Flesh and Bone, Pegasus Project, 200, Quest or Unending to name a few or only the AoT movie, than it will be a wonderful soundtrack. They should have released an OST for every season earlier, because Mr Goldsmith is really good.

Comment

great news!!
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Gonna get this! I love my movie soundtracks and it'll be a pleasure to add this to my collection!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

that's great news
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I'll do one with you. I own the 1995 movie soundtrack and absolutely love it. I hope AoT lives up to the original. I will absolutely buy it.

Comment

Working...
                                X