Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Arrow2 ARK OF TRUTH Soundtrack

Hey there,
    does anybody know if there will be a soundtrack cd release for the AOT motion picture? The music seems to be modelled after david arnold's 1995's stargate soundtrack, right?
    Thanks and cheers

Default Re: ARK OF TRUTH Soundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by gatecollector View Post
    Hey there,
    does anybody know if there will be a soundtrack cd release for the AOT motion picture? The music seems to be modelled after david arnold's 1995's stargate soundtrack, right?
    Thanks and cheers
    the opening music was ripped straight from the stargate music from the '95 movie, just the 'Goa'uld/Jaffa theme' part to it was replaced with the 'Ori Theme'. Thought it didn't sound that good tbh. Dunno about a soundtrack either - the Atlantis soundtrack that was released was kinda lame.

I thought the music was quite nice and I'd certainly buy the soundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_One View Post
    I thought the music was quite nice and I'd certainly buy the soundtrack
    Where did you hear the music?

I'm sure there will be a soundtrack. I buy a lot of movie soundtracks (+ SG-1 and Atlantis) so I hope there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    Where did you hear the music?

I'm sure there will be a soundtrack. I buy a lot of movie soundtracks (+ SG-1 and Atlantis) so I hope there is.
    what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_One View Post
    what do you mean?
    You said you thought the music sounded nice. Where you talking about AoT? Or the original movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    You said you thought the music sounded nice. Where you talking about AoT? Or the original movie?
    I was talking about AoT

Boldly Going Where No One Has Gone Before

Yeah I have to admit the Ark Of Truth soundtrack was fantastic, sounded like a classic motion picture soundtrack, I would easily consider buying it.
    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Arrow2 Re: ARK OF TRUTH Soundtrack

I think especially the opening theme sounded a lot like david arnold's composition,
    didn't it? it was quite fantastic though!!! Really great music.

The music was made by Joel Goldsmith.

I hope they will release an Ori soundtrack, which contains Season 9-10-AoT themes.

The second could be an "SG-1" soundtrack, which contains Season 4-8 + Continuum melodies.

Or they should release one for every season, because JG is so talented, that he wrote so many good song.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Major General

Is there a big enough market to warrant a release though? I'm not so sure.

I'd definitely buy it. I'm very eagerly awaiting to hear what it sounds like, since I'm a huge Goldsmith fan (father and son)! Arnold's score is among my favourites.
    This time... it's war!

Megasnake

Ummmmm has anyone ever verified that the music in the bootleg version of AoT is what will be in the actual release?

Heck - they used FX placeholders in a number of places, is there any realistic expectation that they didn't just use a placeholder for the music too?
    The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...6/stargate.jpg

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    I hope they will release an Ori soundtrack, which contains Season 9-10-AoT themes.

The second could be an "SG-1" soundtrack, which contains Season 4-8 + Continuum melodies.
    It's unlikely to get a mix of music from SG-1 and the movies. Assuming they made more soundtracks, I'd expect SG-1 soundtracks plus one soundtrack for each movie.

Or they should release one for every season, because JG is so talented, that he wrote so many good song.
    That's the most likely scenario, best-of-season-# scores.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomGate View Post
    Ummmmm has anyone ever verified that the music in the bootleg version of AoT is what will be in the actual release?

Heck - they used FX placeholders in a number of places, is there any realistic expectation that they didn't just use a placeholder for the music too?
    Personally when I heard it, some of th sound track sounded alright/good it fitted the file perfectly but some of it just did not. I think that the music was probably final but it probably be edited quite a bit for the final release, it just sounded like rough incomplete draft to me in place, but that may just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    the opening music was ripped straight from the stargate music from the '95 movie, just the 'Goa'uld/Jaffa theme' part to it was replaced with the 'Ori Theme'. Thought it didn't sound that good tbh. Dunno about a soundtrack either - the Atlantis soundtrack that was released was kinda lame.

It wasn't ripped straight from the first movie. I mean, it's pretty much the same, but a few tiny little cues were slightly, and I mean slightly different.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Chief Master Sergeant SierraGolf-OneNiner's Avatar

Look at Joel Goldsmith's site. http://www.freeclyde.com/index.html

The banner at the top of the side doesn't that remind you of a prior. It says coming 2008. Furthermore he mentions on his forums that big news regarding CD releases are coming for 2008.

It's the first thing that striked me, in the begining of AoT preview video. The amazing similarity with David Arnold's opening theme of the original Stargate movie. The dramatic part at the end was clearly different though (less "Egyptian"... more "Ori")

There is another moment in Ark of Truth's soundtrack that reminded me of something.. at the moment when they arrive with the Odyssey in front of the supergate, (at about the 27th min), the pompous music sounded a bit like the old Galactica theme.. or is it just me? Then, when they're about to go through the gate, the classic Stargate theme takes on, and, (it's not about music, but...) I like the profile view of the event horizon, a bit like when Daniel first went through the gate in the original movie..

Quote Originally Posted by Arga View Post
    It's the first thing that striked me, in the begining of AoT preview video. The amazing similarity with David Arnold's opening theme of the original Stargate movie. The dramatic part at the end was clearly different though (less "Egyptian"... more "Ori")

There is another moment in Ark of Truth's soundtrack that reminded me of something.. at the moment when they arrive with the Odyssey in front of the supergate, (at about the 27th min), the pompous music sounded a bit like the old Galactica theme.. or is it just me? Then, when they're about to go through the gate, the classic Stargate theme takes on, and, (it's not about music, but...) I like the profile view of the event horizon, a bit like when Daniel first went through the gate in the original movie..
    That music was Cameron's theme. It hasn't been heard since the first episode of season nine, right at the beginning when he's in front of the gate, touching it and remembering his 302 crash.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Chief Master Sergeant Uncle Tobias's Avatar

I thought the music at the end with
    Spoiler:
    the ark and the priors
    was really nice. I'd love a longer version if they sold a soundtrack.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast