This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why 3 stargates?

ok it may have been answered or not but its a question buggin me n if u can answer ill be much obliged. why is it that earth has 3 gates?the 1st 1 found in eygpt, the russians 1 n the one in antartica. why does earth hav 3 and this not found anywhere else evn atlantis????/pls help n put my curiousity at bay.

It originally had two, didn't it?

The one found in Cairo which the Goa'uld when Ra was in control of Earth and the one left by the ancients in Anarctica?

Where did number 3 come from?

EDIT: Oh! One's fake.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Earth only has two Stargates: The Egyptian one left behind by Ra and the original in Antarctica. The Egyptian gate was used by the SGC up until Nemesis when Thor beamed it onto his ship during a Replicator infestation. That's when the Antarctic gate was taken out of storage and used at the SGC until Redemption II when it gets destroyed in space by Anubis' weapon.

The Russians started their own program when they got their hands on the Egyptian gate which crashed into the ocean when Thor's ship was destroyed in Earth's atmosphere. The Russians then "loaned" us the Egyptian gate after Anubis destroyed the Antarctic one.

So basically, there were two gates: the Egyptian and the Antarctic. I think you just got confused and thought the Russians had their own Stargate, which was really just the Egyptian one.
      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Earth only has two, the thing about there being three is a common misconception, unless you count Orlin's home made Stargate in "Ascension" but most (including myself) don't count that one.

Vala,

Comment

yes out of a toaster i might add

Comment

Working...
          X