Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Human Ship Weapon Effectiveness(spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Human Ship Weapon Effectiveness(spoilers)

The new Asgard beam weapons that were retrofitted onto Earth ships were extremly effective against the Replicator ships. That brings me to my question, how could they be so effective when the Asgard couldn't even destroy pre-human form Replicator ships?

Originally posted by dd78matt View Post
    The new Asgard beam weapons that were retrofitted onto Earth ships were extremly effective against the Replicator ships. That brings me to my question, how could they be so effective when the Asgard couldn't even destroy pre-human form Replicator ships?

Those weapons were designed to fight the Ori remember? Ori shields were made by ascended beings. I think they are a bit stronger than million year old ancient shield tech.
    Also, the replicators in Ida were not the same that are in atlantis.

Comment

What have MW replicators got to do with Pegasus ones that use Ancient ships? We aren't even talking about the same weapons either...

Comment

Also the replicators that the asgard fought shot replicator blocks at their ships. They would form bugs, then take over the ships weapons. You are trying to compare a apple to a orange.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          What have MW replicators got to do with Pegasus ones that use Ancient ships? We aren't even talking about the same weapons either...

Well, considering the creator of the MW Replicators were first created by Reese, who was a human form Replicator built by an Anciet, I would say a lot. But why aren't we talking about the same weapons? They are Asgard weapons, which were completely ineffective against MW replicators, as were all energy based weapons. So why did they work this time around?

Comment

Well, considering the creator of the MW Replicators were first created by Reese, who was a human form Replicator built by an Anciet, I would say a lot.
            Reese wasn't human form replicator, she was an android. We have no idea who built her either, as far as we know she has absolutely no connection with the Pegasus replicators.

But why aren't we talking about the same weapons? They are Asgard weapons, which were completely ineffective against MW replicators, as were all energy based weapons. So why did they work this time around?
            First of all, they're not the same weapons. The ones the Asgard used against the MW replicators were their standard weapons, the ones we are using now are beam weapons designed to fight the Ori. Second, what do you mean 'this time round'? They're fighting a totally different enemy!

Comment

Actually asgard weapons on the Oniell were effective on the hull of the Replicator ship when they exited hyperspace and before they raised shields in New Order. It destroyed it but left large replicator blocks in the process
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Pegasus Galaxy replicators are not nearly as advanced as Milky Way Galaxy replicators.

Pegasus galaxy reps were created in human form and unable (until recently) to alter their code.

Milky way galaxy reps evolved from a tiny bug and have no limits on what they can form/create themselves into.

Comment

Originally posted by inta View Post
                  Pegasus Galaxy replicators are not nearly as advanced as Milky Way Galaxy replicators.

Pegasus galaxy reps were created in human form and unable (until recently) to alter their code.

Milky way galaxy reps evolved from a tiny bug and have no limits on what they can form/create themselves into.
                  Exactly. Completly different situations.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Also to think, that the MW reps ship are made of rep blocks if I remembered right while PG ships are regular materials. which was the first weakness the humans exploited.

Comment

Originally posted by rei3085 View Post
                      Also to think, that the MW reps ship are made of rep blocks if I remembered right while PG ships are regular materials. which was the first weakness the humans exploited.
                      Exactly. The MW ships were built of replicator blocks the Asurans built them out of raw materials.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Plus the MW replicators were by far the most advanced race yet. Asurans were limited to what the ancients knew of war which wasn't much at all, replicators however could simply rearrange thereselves the power generation of their ship was huge enough to protect them from any weps.

Even though we did kick their butts a bit easily I think its about right. What it also shows is just how strong those ORI ships were they took like 7 or 8 hits to take down their shields, punched straight though the ancient ones.

Who knows depending on shield strength of ORI ships our beams could be more powerful than theirs. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Comment

QR.

you have to recall, the Asguard were being hunted and killed like insects for a very long time by the replicators in the MW and Ida.

they were only available to research and rebuild their race for a very short time. and by the time they realized they had no hope of restoring their clone's genetic defects, they probally went on to research other means. Thor gave us no indication on how long they have been researching to help Earth against the Ori. my thoughts, since the Asgard had a HUGE step in weapons and shield technology when they wiped themselves out, is that when they realized they shouldn't waste time fixing their cloned selves, they researched anything that would help earth, which as i said, we have no idea how long that was, they may have started reasearching that right at the end of thier war with the replicators.
                          Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                          (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by OSUIvan View Post
                            Those weapons were designed to fight the Ori remember? Ori shields were made by ascended beings. I think they are a bit stronger than million year old ancient shield tech.
                            Also, the replicators in Ida were not the same that are in atlantis.
                            Corect. The replicator ships in SG1 were actually made OF replicators, which started to become immune to the weapons that they assimillated (sorry to use that phrase). Where as the Asuran ships are made of actual materials, NOT nanites...

Comment

Yeah as others have said MW > Pegasus the Asurans were stuck in development for well over 10,000 years. From as far as we had ever seen they did'nt create a single new innovation on their own that the alterans didn't create first. Remember they did everything to emmulate the Alterans, it's not immitation when you create something of your own. Even though they wanted to wipe out the Alterans for holding them back they still were stuck with just wanting to immitate them. In the end it was only when McKay unlocked their code did they have the chance to change. Even then the only thing they changed was going after Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                              X