Over CGI'd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over CGI'd?

In S12 and 3, the water effects looked real.

Now come mid season 4, the water looks like jello..

I'm talking about at roughly 17min in when the jumper is flying to Atlantis, after they recruit the travelers..

Anyone agree?

Go Green

I think the camera has had a strange, misty, dreamy, glow to it lol (cant find a word to describe it properly) been very strange and i cant say im a fan of it but it seemed to be away this episode

Comment

there was one scene last night that was totally cgi (the jumper flying to Atlantis) and the water was cg i think the in house is just trying different things
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The in-house screwed up, again. The gate only had 8 chevrons.

Comment

One thing I was wondering, did everyone think the scaling was right? As in not 'Camelot' style. If I had to say one thing it was the hives looked a little small compared to the other ships imo, they should've dwarfed all the other ships and I didn't see that in the battle.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            The in-house screwed up, again. The gate only had 8 chevrons.
            Why is that such a big deal? I never understand why that is such a big deal.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              Why is that such a big deal? I never understand why that is such a big deal.
              Because it's down right retarded. What possible reason could they have for it, other than incompetence? It wouldn't be so bad if it had only happened once of twice, but they have been doing it since season 3 at least.

Comment

Because it's down right retarded. What possible reason could they have for it, other than incompetence? It wouldn't be so bad if it had only happened once of twice, but they have been doing it since season 3 at least.
                It's not like they do it on purpose. Beisdes it's not that big of a deal since that chevron is pointless anyway.

Comment

It's not like they do it on purpose. Beisdes it's not that big of a deal since that chevron is pointless anyway.
                  Doubtful.

Comment

when has the atlantis stargate ever had 9 chevrons showing?

the final 2 are always embedded in the floor/ramp/whatever.

Comment

Doubtful.
                      Well it never has been utilized. So untill they decide to use it I'm not going to nitpick on that small detail.

Comment

Well it never has been utilized. So untill they decide to use it I'm not going to nitpick on that small detail.
                        well it is just a minor detail. however I do agree with jenks, they did it right in the past why can't they do it again. it's certainly not that hard, just 9 chevrons instead of 8. it really doesn't bug me but I do see his point
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          well it is just a minor detail. however I do agree with jenks, they did it right in the past why can't they do it again. it's certainly not that hard, just 9 chevrons instead of 8. it really doesn't bug me but I do see his point
                          I see his point to it just doent bug me. The only time something bugged me in Stargate was the obvious stock shot in the very begining of the season 4 premire of SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by inta View Post
                            when has the atlantis stargate ever had 9 chevrons showing?

the final 2 are always embedded in the floor/ramp/whatever.
                            You're forgetting space gates

Comment

I see his point to it just doent bug me. The only time something bugged me in Stargate was the obvious stock shot in the very begining of the season 4 premire of SG-1.
                              well then we are in agreement, it doesn't bug us but jenks is right
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X