Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57

Thread: Not so logical?

  1. #1
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    375

    Default Not so logical?

    Hive ships shouldn't even be able to scratch the surface of an Aurura class battleship yet it did.. The traveler ships haven't been explained much but i doubt they are as strong or ever stronger than the Wraith so their ships shouldn't have done much damage either. As for the 2 Earth Ships and the 1 Ancient Traveler Ship leave it to them to face 30 Aurora Class Ships? In other words it was more like a 3 on 30 with the other Allied ships as bait or as a distraction, either way every ship besides the 2 Earth Ships and the Ancient Traveler Ship should've been destroyed seeing as how Sheppard was able to shoot 2 drones at the Ancient ship and completely destroy it.

    Not so logical eh? They made the Ancient ships look so weak compared to what they've been viewed upon this entire time.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    For some unexplained reason the Auroras did not seem to be using shields at all, I only saw one shot in the entire episode where an Aurora had a shot deflected by a shield (When the 302s and Darts swarmed one) and the shields were quickly overwhlemed when a bunch of missles were fired into it. I didn't get it at all.

  3. #3
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    375

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    Yeah.. either way we should've lost that battle, leave it to the writers to leave out the major details. 1 Ancient ship should be able to take out 5+ Hive ships -.-

  4. #4
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    760

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    The Auroras did look weak, there's no denying that. However, Hives should be able to do damage. They had to be able to do damage or no amount of numbers would have won the war 10,000 years ago. As far as Travelers ships, they were just there to take fire away from Hives and 304's. I doubt they were hurting the Auroras.

    The fleet should have taken more damage, though. I hardly saw any drones at all from the Asurans. They somehow got the drop on them which accounts for early success, but after the first minute or two the Asurans should have gotten things together and really hit us hard. Then the blob would have formed and we would have been OK. Instead they made the Auroras look incredible weak, the Asurans incredibly dumb, and us completely overpowered.

  5. #5
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    375

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    The Auroras did look weak, there's no denying that. However, Hives should be able to do damage. They had to be able to do damage or no amount of numbers would have won the war 10,000 years ago. As far as Travelers ships, they were just there to take fire away from Hives and 304's. I doubt they were hurting the Auroras.
    Well yes.. Wraith ships can do damage but they do very very little damage. If you recall the Ancients could win every battle but lose the war. Therefore it is plasuable to assume that 1 Ancient ship can destroy a Wraith ship without a sweat. Even 2 or 3 given the amount of drones it takes to destroy 1 ship and the ammount of drones that can be fired at once. Those 7 Hives still wouldn't have enough firepower to destroy an Aurora Class ship as easily as it did.

    Remember the Wraith aren't technologically as advanced as the Ancients, not even close. They rely on numbers.. so doing whatever calculations 7 hive don't stand a chance against an ancient ship let alone 30.

  6. #6
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,439

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pogo01 View Post
    Yeah.. either way we should've lost that battle, leave it to the writers to leave out the major details. 1 Ancient ship should be able to take out 5+ Hive ships -.-
    Huh? We would have, it was only a distraction so that McKay could complete his mission.

  7. #7
    Airman
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pogo01 View Post
    Well yes.. Wraith ships can do damage but they do very very little damage. If you recall the Ancients could win every battle but lose the war. Therefore it is plasuable to assume that 1 Ancient ship can destroy a Wraith ship without a sweat. Even 2 or 3 given the amount of drones it takes to destroy 1 ship and the ammount of drones that can be fired at once. Those 7 Hives still wouldn't have enough firepower to destroy an Aurora Class ship as easily as it did.

    Remember the Wraith aren't technologically as advanced as the Ancients, not even close. They rely on numbers.. so doing whatever calculations 7 hive don't stand a chance against an ancient ship let alone 30.
    If pure numbers could win the war, I am sure million people pelting stones on a Ori ship could do the trick. Remember in very first episode that ancient hologram says that ancients had never encountered beings that matched them in power. it's true that hives are not as powerful as an ancient ship but to say that wraiths were so far behind is ridiculous. 14 or so human/jaffa/...ship didn't even scratch one ori ship in first battle (or almost any battle) so if your really have that much of technological edge, you will never loose irrespective of the numbers. Also in one episode (the return I think), the ancient woman explains how bunch of cruisers proved too much for their ship.

  8. #8
    Airman
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post

    The fleet should have taken more damage, though. I hardly saw any drones at all from the Asurans. They somehow got the drop on them which accounts for early success, but after the first minute or two the Asurans should have gotten things together and really hit us hard. Then the blob would have formed and we would have been OK. Instead they made the Auroras look incredible weak, the Asurans incredibly dumb, and us completely overpowered.
    ahem, battle only lasted for minute or two! I am not sure why so many people are assuming that battle was going for 1 hour or so and human-wraith was winning the war though in reality they were next to total wipe out.

  9. #9
    Airman
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    Huh? We would have, it was only a distraction so that McKay could complete his mission.
    Very true. it's idiotic to think that replicators were loosing the war. The so called war didn't last more than 2 minutes.

  10. #10
    Major Shan Bruce Lee's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    the Star City (Roanoke, Va)
    Posts
    2,146

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    Huh? We would have, it was only a distraction so that McKay could complete his mission.
    yeah that's how I saw it.

  11. #11
    Airman inta's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    i didn't think we were really winning the space fight.
    it took mckays plan to really put a hurt on the asuran fleet.

    the wraith use suicide dart methods to knock out sheilds and engines on the asuran fleet, that much we know.
    we don't know the extent of the damage the wraith suffered until next week at least.

  12. #12
    Lieutenant General Mitchell82's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    16,340

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    Quote Originally Posted by inta View Post
    i didn't think we were really winning the space fight.
    it took mckays plan to really put a hurt on the asuran fleet.

    the wraith use suicide dart methods to knock out sheilds and engines on the asuran fleet, that much we know.
    we don't know the extent of the damage the wraith suffered until next week at least.
    No we werent winning. We balsted a few ships but we would have had our asses handed to us if not for Mckay.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

  13. #13
    Lieutenant General Briangate78's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,967

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    Atlantis, the Wraith, and The Travelers would of lost the battle if it lasted longer than what time was needed. Mckay just needed them to hold them off so he could complete his mission. After he activated the magnetic program the Aurora class ships were rendered useless since no one was there to pilot them.

    BTW, did you see how many drifting Aurora class ships were left in the end?
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

  14. #14
    Lieutenant General Mitchell82's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    16,340

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Atlantis, the Wraith, and The Travelers would of lost the battle if it lasted longer than what time was needed. Mckay just needed them to hold them off so he could complete his mission. After he activated the magnetic program the Aurora class ships were rendered useless since no one was there to pilot them.

    BTW, did you see how many drifting Aurora class ships were left in the end?
    Quite a few but most likely beyond repair.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    The more watch that battle, the more I start to think the tables were close to turning.

    For starters, it was a 3 minute long battle. In that time 1 hive was lost, and many of the others were close to critical. The earth ships were reporting low shield strength. A traveler was destroyed.

    In that time, they only took out 5 auroras, despite catching atleast 4 with their shields down! How long have we known any non-hive ship to survive after it lost shields?

    On top of that, by the half way point of the battle, a mere couple of minutes after the surprise-attack, many of the replicator ships were already in formations and focus firing!

    If the battle had gone on another 5 minutes, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see all the earth and wraith ships either destroyed or disabled. I doubt the travelers would really do all that well by themselves against the remaining auroras.

  16. #16
    Lieutenant Colonel 2ndgenerationalteran's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the back of your neck, controling your brain
    Posts
    3,789

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    Actually they looked too far away to actually be in the battle, i think they were going the location of the battle but didnt get there on time. It looked like atleast 20 Auroras that only damage came from the stream of nanites. IMO the alliance was fighting maybe a dozen ships tops, a one on one match that we didnt even finish. It was not a duel it was a distraction.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

  17. #17
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    375

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    The way i see it whether the battle was 1 or 2 minutes.. every aurora class ship appeared to have taken extreme damage from Traveler and Wraith ship.. this is not possible. Seeing as how the Aurora class ships are superior to both it would take more than a few minutes to damage it to the point it has no shields. And it still doesn't explain how two drones are able to take out 1 Aurora Class Ship. SO yeah we would've lost that bttle, but it was only a distraction, but you cant ignore the amount of damage we did to each ship which is impossible

  18. #18
    Lieutenant Colonel 2ndgenerationalteran's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the back of your neck, controling your brain
    Posts
    3,789

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    Actually we did a lot of damage in the initial attack. Probably enough to keep the auroras from performing at 100%. Plus we did out number them, the last scene had them converging on the location of the battle, before that they were out numbered and the 304s did shred 2 ships. Take those 2 out of the total kill count and we have 2 Auroras destroyed in fair fighting, and occasional help from a 304. The alliance all ships took considerable damage, and 2 ships were lost and i wouldnt be suprised if more hives were lost so its just about even with last time.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

  19. #19
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    375

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    Keep in mind that the Aurura Class Ship in "No Mans Land" took direct fire from Wraith ships with no shields for at least 2 minutes.. Considering this.. how is it some fighters were able to take out the Aurora class ships since people before me in this topic have brought up "the battle was only 1-2 minutes" as if it makes a big difference.

  20. #20
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,439

    Default Re: Not so logical?

    I think I'm going to have to go up a lot of notches on the nerd-o-meter before I start to care.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is it logical for Carter to go off-world?
    By cavalierlwt in forum Reunion
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: June 24th, 2009, 04:06 PM
  2. Logical step concerning humans or rip from Trek: Opinions
    By Blitz in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: March 29th, 2007, 12:12 PM
  3. Logical steps to try to defeat the Ori we'll never see on Stargate
    By JLB in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: August 15th, 2006, 11:47 AM
  4. Anti character and logical storyline developments
    By NG.1 in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 4th, 2006, 04:19 AM
  5. Logical Reason Behind SG-1's lack off offworld excursions...
    By Croatoan in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2004, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •