No announcement yet.

Not so logical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually they looked too far away to actually be in the battle, i think they were going the location of the battle but didnt get there on time. It looked like atleast 20 Auroras that only damage came from the stream of nanites. IMO the alliance was fighting maybe a dozen ships tops, a one on one match that we didnt even finish. It was not a duel it was a distraction.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

The way i see it whether the battle was 1 or 2 minutes.. every aurora class ship appeared to have taken extreme damage from Traveler and Wraith ship.. this is not possible. Seeing as how the Aurora class ships are superior to both it would take more than a few minutes to damage it to the point it has no shields. And it still doesn't explain how two drones are able to take out 1 Aurora Class Ship. SO yeah we would've lost that bttle, but it was only a distraction, but you cant ignore the amount of damage we did to each ship which is impossible

Comment

Actually we did a lot of damage in the initial attack. Probably enough to keep the auroras from performing at 100%. Plus we did out number them, the last scene had them converging on the location of the battle, before that they were out numbered and the 304s did shred 2 ships. Take those 2 out of the total kill count and we have 2 Auroras destroyed in fair fighting, and occasional help from a 304. The alliance all ships took considerable damage, and 2 ships were lost and i wouldnt be suprised if more hives were lost so its just about even with last time.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Keep in mind that the Aurura Class Ship in "No Mans Land" took direct fire from Wraith ships with no shields for at least 2 minutes.. Considering this.. how is it some fighters were able to take out the Aurora class ships since people before me in this topic have brought up "the battle was only 1-2 minutes" as if it makes a big difference.

Comment

I think I'm going to have to go up a lot of notches on the nerd-o-meter before I start to care.

Comment

If you don't care why are you here? No body cares if you care or not, you don't need to waste your time posting about it. If you're going to call me a nerd for making this thread you can call the other thousands of members who have made threads and i can call you one too for even being apart of a Sci-Fi forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
                Keep in mind that the Aurura Class Ship in "No Mans Land" took direct fire from Wraith ships with no shields for at least 2 minutes.. Considering this.. how is it some fighters were able to take out the Aurora class ships since people before me in this topic have brought up "the battle was only 1-2 minutes" as if it makes a big difference.
                Large amount fire drained the shields. Least that is what I saw when watching the show. Lots of darts and 302's and rail gun fire from the 304's until the shields collapsed and then took out the hull of at least one ship. Plenty of fire from wraith cruisers were occupying a lot of of the Aurora ships as well. The plasma beams on the 305 took out two ships I believe and then drones fired from the travellers ship took out another one.

So it isn't inconceivable that 13 cruisers and several hundred darts and 302's could take out 4 ships. Remember one on one, Ancients win, in overwhelming numbers, Ancients lost. Same could be said of the replicators and their Aurora ships.

Comment

Although the ratio of Wraith to Ancients were more than 2:1. Therefore 1v1 Ancients would win, 2v1 Ancients would win. Although i can't calculate the exact percentage we can all agree in our heads 4 Wraith Hive ships would probobly lose hands down to the Ancients. The drones don't exactly need to be targeted, a few drones could destroy a hive ship in seconds so 4 would be easy. So you can't simply say anything past 2 ships could easily destroy an Ancient ship.

You have to keep in mind the ease in firing a drone.. all it takes is a single thought and one drone can easily take out a fighter and seeing as how two drones can take out an Aurora Class ship.. i don't see why 2 drones cant destroy a Hive ship when drones dont necessarily explode on impact, instead it keeps on penetrating the ship until it is destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
                    Hive ships shouldn't even be able to scratch the surface of an Aurura class battleship yet it did..
                    How can you say that. Every other time we have seen hives and Auroras, they got pawned.. BUT then again they were also already damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                      I hardly saw any drones at all from the Asurans.
                      I don't think any of the Replicator ships were firing drones as it takes a chair and someone with the gene to fire them.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        I think I'm going to have to go up a lot of notches on the nerd-o-meter before I start to care.
                        Wow your attitude really has changed alot lately. You used to like this show.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          Wow your attitude really has changed alot lately. You used to like this show.
                          Read more carefully. I'm talking about the slight inconsistencies between fights, I honestly couldn't really care less if an Asuran ship gets destroyed a bit too easily as long as I'm entertained, especially when there are probably a hundred and one different explanations we could theorise for it if we could be arsed to. Unless there's something totally retarded, I'm not going to get into these techy nerd arguments that ultimately achieve nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            Read more carefully. I'm talking about the slight inconsistencies between fights, I honestly couldn't really care less if an Asuran ship gets destroyed a bit too easily as long as I'm entertained, especially when there are probably a hundred and one different explanations we could theorise for it if we could be arsed to. Unless there's something totally retarded, I'm not going to get into these techy nerd arguments that ultimately achieve nothing.
                            Oh got ya. In that case I agree.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think he does, but, like me, probably doesn't care that much about all the tech-y intricacies of this episode.

It was just spectacular. That's all I need to know.

EDIT: Yeah, what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                How can you say that. Every other time we have seen hives and Auroras, they got pawned.. BUT then again they were also already damaged.
                                Exactly, but what i really meant was. Hive ships can barely scratch the surface of the Aurora Class ships with its shields on. But beside the point, it still takes a real beating to destroy an Aurora Class with no shields.

Comment

Working...
                                X