Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey,that was not a very nice thing to say!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey,that was not a very nice thing to say!

Wow, i just thought some of the things others said to each other in this episode was not very nice,

- John shouldn't reacted that way to Teyla finally telling him about her pregnancy, he should have been happy and congragulated her and helped her figure out away to still contribute. She is not from Earth and he is not her father, he suppose to be her friend.

- What Colonel Ellis said to Rodney, implying that Rodney thinks everybody is stupid, and they wouldn't get that he doesn't have a plan fully ready, but Colonel Carter sure put Colonel Ellis in his place.

- Also wraith humor........ what happened? i wanted to see him laugh some more.

some quotes are good and funny, but there are things that characters shouldn't have said to each other, it's against their greatness.

so tell me what you think !!
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

also John with Larrin, let it go man , she's just not that into you !
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
      Wow, i just thought some of the things others said to each other in this episode was not very nice,

- John shouldn't reacted that way to Teyla finally telling him about her pregnancy, he should have been happy and congragulated her and helped her figure out away to still contribute. She is not from Earth and he is not her father, he suppose to be her friend.

- What Colonel Ellis said to Rodney, implying that Rodney thinks everybody is stupid, and they wouldn't get that he doesn't have a plan fully ready, but Colonel Carter sure put Colonel Ellis in his place.

some quotes are good and funny, but there are things that characters shouldn't have said to each other, it's against their greatness.

I'm sure Sheppard's anger was more over her allowing herself to place an innocent life in danger for such a prolonged period of time. I'm sure her withholding the knowledge of her pregnancy had something to do with it too, given that he is her commanding officer as well as her friend and both her life and the life of her baby are his responsibility. Heavy lies the crown as they say.

Colonel Ellis is kind of a <yes, i know he's a fictional character but calling him that is a bit close to breaking the rules.>, but he's a military man to the bone, they tend to get like that. And in his defense, McKay was beating around the bush when he should have gotten to the point.
      Last edited by Skydiver; 09 January 2008, 04:29 AM.

Comment

also John with Larrin, let it go man , she's just not that into you !
        I wouldn't say that at all. She was giving him sexy eyes, she's just playing the ice queen.

Comment

I'm gonna have to agree with triggrhaapi on the Sheppard issue. Teyla deliberately concealed a medical condition from her team leader; a condition that could have affected her performance in the field. We've seen in previous episodes that his team is the closest thing he has to family and that he feels responsible for them. Now he discovers that because of her omission he's been sending her into life-threatening situations. Plus, she springs this on him after they've just left a meeting in a Wraith hive ship. They're in the middle of a bad situation with the Replicators and she just sort of springs this on him. They're about to go attack the Asuran homeword; there's really no time to process the news and be the caring and supportive friend. I also think he felt a bit betrayed that someone so close to him would do something so reckless as to go into a combat situation while knocked up. Plus he's USAF, and there's got to be something in the rules that forbids sending pregnant women into combat situations.
          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
          Spoiler:
          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

[QUOTE=MIZA;7519949]Wow, i just thought some of the things others said to each other in this episode was not very nice,

What he said and how he did it is only natural. Firstly: You have to remember, they are friends, and that's not something you hide from them. She knew for 2 months before she told them. Teyla was wrong for not telling him. And he had hurt feelings because of it. They've already shared and have been through a lot together. It's like she didn't trust him enough or think enough of him/them to share it with him/them. And that hurts. Who knows, maybe Sheppard has more than just professional feelings for her, and this just crushed him. Secondly, even though she's not from earth, she is part of the expedition. Sheppard is responsible for her. As her commander, this was something he needed to know. Thirdly, she put her child, AND the rest of the team in danger with her omission. Obviously, with the way Sheppard stressed the importance and dangers to the child, he cares or will care about this child.

Atleast, this is how I perceive it.

So what. Ellis was right. He may have the tact of a toadstool, but somebody had to do it. And Rodney does think everyone else is stupid. He's basically said so several times. But he's also said that that is due to his insecurities. Ellis just got tired of putting up with Rodney's quirkes/faults. I don't know about you, but Rodney gets on my nerves after a while too, and for the same reasons. BUT, I did like it that Carter stood up for him. She was basically telling Ellis that nobodies allowed to abuse Rodney but me. LOL! Oh, and Sheppard too.

There was some Wraith humor. It was subtle and understated. Don't you think the Wraith was laughing on the inside when he "threatened" to feed on Rodney and the first immediate reaction on Rodney's face was almost like a deer caught in headlights. He was probably ROTFLHFAO on the inside, but didn't show it. I know I laughed at that moment. But on the other hand, I think humor is a bit new to the Wraith, so they may not completely grasp all of it's complexities and subtlties.

No, I completely disagree. If they had acted the way you wanted them to, they would have been unnatural and fake. They way they did was "human".
            Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
            Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

I think John is pissed that Teyla couldn't confide in him, share her news as it were with him earlier and also he is responsible for her on missions, he is her CO (even if she isn't military) it just goes to all of John big old leadership (and relationship) issues... oh and he has loads of issues.

That whole exchange was a set up by tptb to let the fans know that Sam respects Rodney... I saw it coming a mile off, I don't buy it for one moment but if tptb want to manipulate us like that, what ya gonna do?
              I think the less we hear of their humour the better.
              I just did.

Comment

Oh no everyone isn't 1000% nice to each other all the time! I'm starting a petition~!

*beats last ounce of drama out of stargate with metal pipe*

Comment

Ellis is a jackass (but i love michael beach lol)

and for the whole Teyla thing, i think the shock mostly cam to John that she didn't confind in him as a friend and i think that hurt him as well as alot of "What if?" question could have popped into his head as in lik e"what happene if she miscarried on a mission" "what if she was shot?" all theses factor he has to consider when he clears people for duty.
                  Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                  Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                    Oh no everyone isn't 1000% nice to each other all the time! I'm starting a petition~!

*beats last ounce of drama out of stargate with metal pipe*
                    haha you shouldn't have said that
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

He was 100% right. Teyla put her child in great danger. It was very reckless. She should have known it as a woman.

Ellis was right. Rodney actually walked in, started his techno-babbles and in the end he said he has no solution. He should have said it in the beginning, not to pretend he has a solution for their big problem.
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

John and Teyla - I thought his reaction to her news was perfectly in character for him. He is very protective of his team and would have blamed himself if something happened to her or her child on a mission. She had a responsibility to tell him about her condition. As was noted at the beginning of the ep, she hadn't been feeling well. Any number of things (up to and including a miscarriage) could have happened while off-world. She was endangering herself, her child and the team. The timing of her telling them did not help the situation. He'll cool down eventually and congratulate her. Ronon at least had the advantage of suspecting she was seeing Kanan.

Ellis and McKay - Ellis was right in his assumptions but it was not his place to chastise Rodney. Ellis is very abrasive but he does admit when he's wrong. Someone needed to point out to Rodney that the plan to rewrite the replicator code wasn't working. Funny that it took the Wraith to do that. (And I loved Sam chewing out Ellis too)

Wraith - as was said by a previous poster, his humor was a bit more subtle this time. No laughing out loud but his comment that feeding on Rodney would spur him to hurry and the comment in the jumper that presenting him in chains to the other Wraith might not make the best impression were both worth a chuckle.

Conflict is a good thing. If everyone loved everyone else all the time (at least on TV) where would the drama be?
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana
                        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

First and foremost he's her commanding officer, she let him send her out on missions while she was pregnant, what if something had happened to the baby? I'm not surprised how he reacted to be honest, he had every right to be furious.

To be fair, he's got a point, and the Carter scene was one of the few things I disliked about this episode, unless there's some serious character development in Continuum, I'm not guying this badass Carter routine.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            To be fair, he's got a point, and the Carter scene was one of the few things I disliked about this episode, unless there's some serious character development in Continuum, I'm not guying this badass Carter routine.
                            I been thinking, a scene of Carter visiting Gen Hammond right before taking over Atlantis would be better than the scene with Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              First and foremost he's her commanding officer, she let him send her out on missions while she was pregnant, what if something had happened to the baby? I'm not surprised how he reacted to be honest, he had every right to be furious.

We all agree Ellis had a point, but he did go overboard. It's not like it was under extreme duress or in the heat of battle where he, a colonel, could be forgiven for losing his temper. He could have said what he said with half the words and a lot less emnity toward Rodney.

As for Carter, I thought she did a great job. "Praise in public and punish in private." That's what good leaders do. She read Ellis the riot act once everyone had left so as not to embarass him. So a badass- I don't really think so. If she were being a badass she'd have let him have it right there in front of Caldwell and Sheppard- instead she acted with professionalism.

Comment

Working...
                              X