No announcement yet.

Battle Report BAMSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i must say, the fight was the best one yet.
    Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
    (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
      No, the Replicator Aurora ships were NOT made out of nanites. That is completely wrong. What you saw was the nanites that made up the crew of the Rep's Aurora ships being sucked through the hulls down to the planet. The surviving Auroras were still there in orbit as the planet exploded. If they had been made out of nanites, they would have been sucked down to the planet surface as well.
      Just saw the scene again and I stand corrected . I was overwhelmed by the CGI

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
        Just saw the scene again and I stand corrected . I was overwhelmed by the CGI
        That's ok. Not everyone can be so uptight and anal about details as me. Anyways, the scene was a bit addictive. Took me watching it 3 times to catch a lot of the details. Ten to one says that sequence shows up in some fan videos soon. How much you wanna bet? By overwhelmed I hope you mean good rather than the CGI was too much as in bad.
        Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
        Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          They should have evened a bit the odds and allow the Asurans fire a couple drone salvos like Radek towards the hives and towards the Apollo. The second time the Dedy saves a hive . I love the way Caldwell hacked and slashed Auroras . Apollo took more damage than the dedy . Talk about a reckless C. O
          The Asuran ship that was head toward Larin's ship fired a salvo, but Sheppard fired a salvo at their drones and destroyed them and their ship.
          sigpic

Comment

After rewatching it last night, it looked more like the Asuran ship fired their drones in response to Sheps firing of them.. Kind of to intercept his that were homing in on thier hyperdrive.

Comment

And i didnt notice it in the begining but in the background you can see an aurora take out a hive with drones as well.
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I made a play-by-play of the battle as I watched it that deals strictly with the space battle, and (if I may say so) is slightly more accurate in some cases than the one at the opening of the thread. Here it is:

Shot I

Allied Ships Jumping:

a. Allied Ships:

7x Hives

2x 304s

8x Traveler Ships

1x Traveler Aroura

Total: 19

Shot II

Entry into System

a. Ships exit Hyperspace

b. A 304 immediatly opens up on an Aroura with heavy railguns, it flies its length, causing large explosions, but no kill. At the same time we see the Traveler's Aroura (TA) and a Traveler Ship (TS) open fire, but don't see what they're aiming at.

c. Shot continues with the same 304 (Apollo?) and a TS flying further into the Asuran Fleet.

d. First Allied kill. An Aroura explodes after being hit by several Wraith 'Falling Stars' and TS bolts. It appears to be the one they opened fire on in section b. In the background we see a hive taking serious damage, it appears to be about to explode. So far only 7 Aroura's (now 6) confirmed on this side of the planet.

Shot III

Battle Continues after Beamdown

a. 6x+ Darts fly out of hive, in background we see a hive firing ineffectively on a shielded Aroura, no apparent damage. 5x 302s join the darts in attacking an Aroura. The Aroura fires energy weapons at them (perhaps drones are really offensive and the bolts are supposed to be point defense?), but the turrets can't seem to depress far enough to hit them so close in. The Dart and 302 fire hits harmlessly on the Aroura's shields. Two darts make a kamikaze run, appear to go through (!) the shield (effect comes up, but they pass through), and hit under a 'fin', no major damage visible, though.

b. A Hive (Todd's?) and an Aroura are locked together, trading fire. (both using bolts, no 'Falling Stars' or drones) Both appear to have taken heavy damage, but the Hive looks worse. In the background we see a hive exploding.

c. (after Todd's 'regeneration' line) We see a 304 (Daedalus, judging by next scene of Caldwell averting his gaze from an explosion) swoop in on what looks to be the confrontation between Todd's hive and the Aroura, and fires 1 beam which hits the Aroura in the Bow, but doesn't seem to do much damage (?!), the Aroura responds by firing what 15 sets of what looks like (from this distance judging by relative size) around 6-8 drones, which impact but don't penetrate the 304s shield. the 304 fires another beam which hits the Aroura amidships and causes a chain reaction, blowing it up.

d. 3x 302s fly under a hive taking serious damage from an Aroura. The Aroura actually fires a single bolt at them (!), then resumes bombarding the hive. The 302s fly on past two TSs, which the camera follows. in the background we see an Aroura explode under fire from two Hive firing 'Falling Stars'; its weapons appear to be already disabled, it wasn't shooting back. The two TSs fly on, attacking an Aroura. One takes heavy damage and goes off-screen, and the other flies by the Aroura and is attacked by another Aroura above it. It is killed by three bolts and 8 drone groups. (again, around 6-8 drones per group)

e. Scene where Sheppard takes out another Aroura and the drones it fired at the Traveler Aroura. Below, a Wraith Hive is exploding.

f. McKay's plan works, the replicators are sucked down. End of battle.

Shot IV

Exit

a. Allied ships leaving:

2x 304s

1x Traveler Aroura

6x Hives (they screwed up! more than 1 hive exploded!)

5x Traveler Ships

The End
                Last edited by Lt. Col. Mcoy; 12 January 2008, 07:53 AM.
                sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Malakriss View Post
                  Precise count of friendly ships that entered hyperspace = 16

2 Earth ships
                  1 Aurora Traveler Ship
                  6 Standard Traveler Ships
                  7 Wraith Hive Ships

Battle Summary
                  Alpha Strike
                  Earth ships using railguns (yellow) and Standard Traveler ships (red) exit hyperspace and immediately open up on the enemy. No Replicator ships appear to have shields up, and 4 ships are targeted: 1 is destroyed, 2 sustain moderate damage, 1 takes light damage.

Bridge Dialogue
                  Ellis orders targeting of the hyperdrive with the Beam weapons, gives clearance to launch F302s and beam down Fran + Rodney's team

Main Battle
                  A Hive ship is taking damage while attacking a Replicator ship's shields and launching darts. The Darts follow a group of F302s in and make a run on the nearest ship, blowing through the shields and doing moderate hull damage while another ship's shields is hit by a lone STS. The view shifts and we now see a Replicator ship exploding in the background (2nd kill) as STS fire and a beam weapon pounding another Replicator ships' shields. Two others are seen taking light explosive damage. (Scene: Wraith Hive Ship transfers power to Hull Regeneration)

Two hive ships are shown taking damage as the Daedalus destroys the closest Replicator Ship with beam weapons (3rd kill). The other hive is getting hammered by 3 Replicators and the one they are attacking has shields still holding. (Scene: Caldwell encourages McKay to hurry up, and Fran begins to activate)

Yet another hive ship is taking damage as F302s fly by. Another Replicator ship is exploding (4th kill) and two more are taking shield damage, unfortunately a Traveler ship making an attack run gets destroyed (1st friendly loss) and a hive ship is taking heavy damage. Another hive ship can be seen engaging a single Replicator ship in the far background. (Carter remarks that they don't realize what's happening while Fran sucks everything in on the planet)

Multiple Traveler vs. Replicator engagements can be seen as Sheppard takes out a Replicator ship attempting to escape (5th kill), as the shot pans we can see a Hive Ship being destroyed. Fran begins to draw everything in as 2 replicator ships are taking hull damage, 2 more have their shields hit, and 2 collide into each other in the background. At this point the Replicators can't defend themselves and the battle is pretty much over.

Results
                  5 Replicator Ships Destroyed During Battle
                  1 Traveler Ship Destroyed
                  1 Hive Ship Destroyed
                  Several Hive Ships Damaged
                  Unknown # of Traveler Ships Damaged
                  2 Earth Ships Intact
                  Wow. I didn't even know half of that and I saw the episode. I feel like giving you a green just for doing a wonderful recap. And Lt. Col. mcCoy's is wonderful as well- and your right they did screw up! I thought I saw it wrong, I might have though. Green for you to.
                  http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

How many warships from the Asurans was there?

I mean, if they completly copied the Ancients with shields, ships, cities and so on.

Why the heck didnt they have a bigass shield protecting entire planet, preventing them from, to say, beaming down to the planet in the first place. Unlimited amounts of ZPMs, and the ships shields and drones are weak like hell, compared to when we have drones or the shields, its superb.

If the Asurans was smart, why not have like 3-4 ZPMs powering each ship? That would be freaking impossible to destroy, or why not use something like the killer beam nearly destroying our Atlantis, that shield on the killer beam was impossible to destroy, why not use something similear on the ships itself, a killerdeathbeam like that would one hit everything.

Sorry for writing so badly.
                    When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Morganrone93 View Post
                      How many warships from the Asurans was there?

I mean, if they completly copied the Ancients with shields, ships, cities and so on.

Why the heck didnt they have a bigass shield protecting entire planet, preventing them from, to say, beaming down to the planet in the first place. Unlimited amounts of ZPMs, and the ships shields and drones are weak like hell, compared to when we have drones or the shields, its superb.

If the Asurans was smart, why not have like 3-4 ZPMs powering each ship? That would be freaking impossible to destroy, or why not use something like the killer beam nearly destroying our Atlantis, that shield on the killer beam was impossible to destroy, why not use something similear on the ships itself, a killerdeathbeam like that would one hit everything.

Sorry for writing so badly.
                      Assurans had a few dozens of Aurora warships. However they weren't doing anything. This was one of stupidest space battle I've ever seen
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Weir and her faction probably used some virus to stupidify them.

anyway, i blame Badass Decay

Comment

i guess the battle looked nice but it was hilariously illogical
                          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Working...
                          X