Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Making out with Adria on my O'neil class ship

Default Teyla's baby's father?

i missed the name of the father, i want people to first provide me with the name, and talk about the father in this thread.

Major General

Default Re: Teyla's babies father?

I think it was Kannan, his name had already been revealed though, in Missing I think.

Did it ever show who Kannan is? Because I missed a few episodes of season 4
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Major General

Not that I recall.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by fugiman View Post
    No; there were no Athosians other than Teyla shown in any Season 4 episode. I think part of the idea behind that is so that we can be as surprised as everyone else when we finally get to see him.
    They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
    Spoiler:
    Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Making out with Adria on my O'neil class ship

i do wonder how her pregnancy will affect the team now. i am also curious because she says she can feel him, that he is alive. what will happen when they find him?

Quote Originally Posted by SG66 View Post
    i missed the name of the father, i want people to first provide me with the name, and talk about the father in this thread.
    Kannan has not been shown, but Teyla talked about him a little in Missing. I believe she said they were childhood friends who grew up together, and then when Teyla returned on one of her visits to New Athos, their relationship 'deepened.'

She also mentioned that he had all the qualities of a leader but did not know how to exercise them yet--he was afraid to lead.

That's all we know so far.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

I'm sure they suspended her from active duty so that the actress could have her pregnancy leave. She is actually pregnant you know.

Rachel took two months off before she had the baby in October.

Quote Originally Posted by georgi2u View Post
    Rachel took two months off before she had the baby in October.
    And Maternity leave generally continues after the baby is born.

I've said this already, but let me repeat myself:

Teyla has a boyfriend, whose name is awfully close to the Czech word for 'sewer' (one would almost think David Nykl warned TPTB about that) and IMHO - that's exactly where he is right now. And by what I know about TPTB, the poor guy will be killed either off-screen or during his first appearence

Teyla Re: Teyla's babies father?

Personally, I'm hoping it is the Athosian we've seen Teyla training with played by BamBam..! I see no reason as to why physical training wouldn't be a common interest that they would share in. As far as I know they've 'named' that particular Athosian. I'm probably wrong though. Oh well...

The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator Emeritus)

Quote Originally Posted by starfox View Post
    No; there were no Athosians other than Teyla shown in any Season 4 episode. I think part of the idea behind that is so that we can be as surprised as everyone else when we finally get to see him.
    That's actually if we ever do get to see him since we don't know what TPTB have in store for the Athosians. Not knowing should add an element of suspense and anticipation as we see Teyla deal with her pregancy, her people missing and the fact that she now is not allowed to go on missions through the gate which would have helped her search for her baby's father.

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehawk View Post
    I think it is great that Teyla's babies father is Athosian! It helps show her close ties with her people. (Ummm, no jokes were intended )
    I can't tell you how thankful I am that it was an Athosian father and not Shep or Ronon.

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    I can't tell you how thankful I am that it was an Athosian father and not Shep or Ronon.

Sam’s Uneven Parallel Bars

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehawk View Post
    They do have an impact on the atlantis expedition. They have an impact on Teyla and her well being and she is part of the atlantis expedition. And what she may or may not do as a result of what is happening to her people and her boyfriend could very well impact the team and the expedition down the road.

And why would you call them primitive? Just because they don't have the luxerites of Atlantis and they live in tents does not make them primitive.
    The Atlantis expedition was an expedition to recover technology from the Ancients and to defend earth from hostile threats originating from Pegasus. The Athosians provide no value to the expedition. We can't trade with them. They do not provide us with intel nor means of acquiring weapons. The only impact they could have on Atlantis is if the become security threats. From a military standpoint, and don't try to ignore the military standpoint for your own purposes, they have fulfilled their need. It's time to cut our connections to them. They would have arrived with us to the new planet Atlantis is on, if they were important. They would know our gate address if they were important.

{Mod Snip}
    Last edited by TameFarrar; January 5th, 2008 at 08:40 PM.

In terms of "what do the Athosians have to offer the expedition by way of technology", the answer is "not much".

In terms of "what do the Athosians do for the expedition by providing a window into the Pegasus cultures that Atlantis has become responsible for by waking up the wraith", the answer is "a great deal".

Atlantis is depicted as a closed and insular culture - rather like the USA in many ways. Teyla and Ronon provide a window out of that culture and into Pegasus, which is important for the people in Atlantis to realise that they're part of something larger - to feel a connection with all humanity and not just "people who look like us, think like us, have technology like us".

That, I suspect, is what many of the posters referring to the Athosians as human beings are trying to say.

As to the importance of Teyla's people - the matter is important to Teyla, and therefore would be important to her team-mates and friends in Atlantis in their concern and care for her. That would be the reasoning behind TPTB's inclusion of the hunt for the Athosians this season, I imagine.

Sel.

Sam’s Uneven Parallel Bars

{Mod Snip}

Atlantis has finite resources. They cannot go about saving every individual human life in the two galaxies. Atlantis needs to use their resources wisely if they want to continue to exist. I am not contesting their value to their own lives and their right to life. But there were friends I met in first grade who have disappeared from my life. I don't put much thought wondering what happened to them. Everyone drifts away from friends. The same is true for nation states and should apply to Atlantis. The Athosians cannot interact with us with anything meaningful. Their lives are different than ours and it's simply time we move on.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; January 5th, 2008 at 08:40 PM.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by DetriusXii View Post
    Atlantis has finite resources. They cannot go about saving every individual human life in the two galaxies. Atlantis needs to use their resources wisely if they want to continue to exist. I am not contesting their value to their own lives and their right to life. But there were friends I met in first grade who have disappeared from my life. I don't put much thought wondering what happened to them. Everyone drifts away from friends. The same is true for nation states and should apply to Atlantis. The Athosians cannot interact with us with anything meaningful. Their lives are different than ours and it's simply time we move on.
    It's got nothing to do with friendship, it's about saving human lives, the reason they're fighting the Wraith in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    It's got nothing to do with friendship, it's about saving human lives, the reason they're fighting the Wraith in the first place.
    Exactly.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast