Teyla's baby's father?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    To be fair, I think it's more unrealistic that we haven't met more people with the same names...
    I guess. It's just that there are so many copies of names in the whole stargate universe, like Jack's Sara and Daniel's Sarah and Sam's Jonas and Season 6's Jonas. I don't want it to happen on Atlantis as well.

It's already weird when the same actor or actress is used for a different role on each show. Having a bunch of similar names would be kind of weird.

I wonder if we'll even get to 'meet' Kannan for very long, so to speak.
    sigpic
    sig by kidwizz

Comment

To be fair, I think it's more unrealistic that we haven't met more people with the same names...
      What?

There are billions of people, hundreds of planets and they are all seperated by hundreds of different cultures all with different names and youre saying that the names should be the same. I guess by that logic they should put some Ivans in the show. Everyone meet Ivan the Lifesucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
        What?

There are billions of people, hundreds of planets and they are all seperated by hundreds of different cultures all with different names and youre saying that the names should be the same. I guess by that logic they should put some Ivans in the show. Everyone meet Ivan the Lifesucker.
        I doubt there are billions of people in Pegasus, and they are only separated by a short Stargate journey, their cultures would have mixed considerably, probably more so than all the different cultures on Earth.

Comment

I doubt there are billions of people in Pegasus, and they are only separated by a short Stargate journey, their cultures would have mixed considerably, probably more so than all the different cultures on Earth.
          I was including the MW Galaxy since Kanan was a Tok'ra. And the other was a Kanan from PG and a Asothisan.

Comment

Probably a coincidence. The human tongue and throat can only make so many sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by partly cloudy skies View Post
              I guess. It's just that there are so many copies of names in the whole stargate universe, like Jack's Sara and Daniel's Sarah and Sam's Jonas and Season 6's Jonas. I don't want it to happen on Atlantis as well.
              To be fair, both Sara(h)s were on Earth, where Sara(h) is an extremely common name. I can think of at least 5 Sara(h)s who have been in my social circle at various times. Jonas Quinn is less forgivable, since he was alien and one would have expected him to have a slightly different name. Unless, of course, his planet was ruled by a Goa'uld who heard the name Jonas on Earth and mentioned it to someone, who liked it and used it and it then became part of the planetary culture. Which then makes me wonder why we haven seen more common Earth names, but that's another thread altogether.
              They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
              Spoiler:
              Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

I hope that if we see him, he's über-handsome. Teyla deserves a hot boyfriend if only to make Shep act like a caveman again. lol
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by partly cloudy skies View Post
                  Isn't Kanan the name of the tok'ra Jack had in season 6 of SG1? I think the writers need to keep a list of names that have been used so they don't keep going back again for the same ones over and over.
                  There was another Ronon in SG-1 as well, a jaffa that betrayed them in Lost City, the one who almost killed Bratac on the ship. People with the same name doesn't bother me as much as seeing the same actors in different roles, with no type of costuming or make-up to make them look different. But that is not what this thread is about so I'll stop the hijack.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Probably a coincidence. The human tongue and throat can only make so many sounds.
                    it's funny also that there is no alien names that can't be pronounced by american actors....

Comment

Working...
                    X