No announcement yet.

All those Aurora-Classes and ZPMs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or where is the Odyssey? Cuz this takes place after the Ark of Truth (only possibly time) Also I really don't understand this tech vs tech. Either those beam weapons are beyond Ancient tech or the Replicators tech isn't up to Ancient tech. Either way need TPTB to explain. Also is it just me or do Hive ships explode with much much more force then an Aurora class ship?

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
      Or where is the Odyssey? Cuz this takes place after the Ark of Truth (only possibly time) Also I really don't understand this tech vs tech. Either those beam weapons are beyond Ancient tech or the Replicators tech isn't up to Ancient tech. Either way need TPTB to explain. Also is it just me or do Hive ships explode with much much more force then an Aurora class ship?
      Overall I thought the episode was quite well done. I actually liked the part where Colonel Ellis finally told Rodney off, because let's admit it: Rodney can be quite annoying at times. Ellis could have used a bit more tact, but still.

Regarding my theory on the Odyssey, is that the IOA wanted to have one of their 3 Asgard-enhanced battlecruisers close to home, in case some as-of-yet unknown enemy were to show up at Earth's doorstep. They don't want to get caught with their pants down, so to speak

I think it's safe to assume that the Ori threat was/will be neutralized during the Ark of Truth, as we saw in tonights episode, Earth had 2 Asgard-enhanced ships, and absolutely no mention about the Ori being able to track them down. If that is the case, I sincerely hope Earth creates more 304-type ships, or possibly a brand new model with more extensive Asgard modifications built-in.

Comment

This is one of the many plot holes it the episode

Comment

Originally posted by darkthunder84 View Post
          I think it's safe to assume that the Ori threat was/will be neutralized during the Ark of Truth, as we saw in tonights episode, Earth had 2 Asgard-enhanced ships, and absolutely no mention about the Ori being able to track them down. If that is the case, I sincerely hope Earth creates more 304-type ships, or possibly a brand new model with more extensive Asgard modifications built-in.
          The Ori are only able to track the Asgard computer core, not the beam weapons. As the core was more of a repository than any kind of control system, there would be no need for the Daedalus or Apollo to have one. I doubt we could recreate something like that anyway.
          As it stands, the only 304 vulnerable to being tracked is the Odyssey, and even then only when they have their core activated.

Comment

Originally posted by Land010 View Post

McKay seemed to have beemed into a ZPM room with Ronan and crew, he could of at least grabbed that one when the RepliBlob formed and he knew a ZPM overload wasn't going to happen.
            McKay, Ronan and Marines beamed into the replicator core room so even if McKay wanted to, he couldn't take a ZPM as he was in the wrong place

Comment

What annoyed me the most was the Super Weak Aurora's

I expected our ships to survive, since the Asgard weapons are shields combo are the best in the universe.

But the Hives should been totally decimated.

The Traveler ships were too insiginificant for the Aurora's to target, so most should have survived till the planet explosion.

Comment

We don't know that a lot of the zpms weren't beamed out - they just didn't talk about it.

Comment

This episode was amazing. The fleet was organsmic to look at but the ending, and the lack of collection and spoils really quite annoyed me. Considering how many ZPM's they have and the fact mkcay knows the location of them they should have been able to send in small teams to extract the ZPM's and the aurora fleet should have been stolen pretty easily, it would take about 40 people to steal all the remaining replicator armarda, fly it to a safe distance, then Pegasus would not fear the wraith because GOOD guys would have an ass kicking fleet.

Theres a very interesting part to this episode. For one, we can create an Asurian with ancient knowledge (she was able to out do mkcay on the repelicator's knowledge and adaptablility) but she was unable to replicate and everything. Why cant we create many many more non replicating replicators which would have all the same characteristics and knowledge of Lantians...

And as to the power of the new weapons. Man on man, they have layer caked unending, i knew they would be powerful, they had to be to take out a ori mothership but for along time it was speculated that the ZPM power boost was the main reason, now that the ships can take out auroras. We do have the most powerful ships in the universe, they are even more powerful than Auroras.....which in this episode were CRAP.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

Did it sort of annoy anyone that even though they knew all the Asurans were going to hypercondense into some superhuge godzilla RepliBlob, and and knowing they have two ships with Asgard beam technology: they didn't attempt to set up teams to loot the city or ships as they did in the first episode of the season post-RepliBobification?
                    I'm sure you can't repeat that twenty times in a row.

That said, good points.
                    Earth attacks its enemies with weapons firing plot hole warheads.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

btw was'nt there an aurora class ship our home galaxy or did that one already blew up ??
                      Eagles On Pogo sticks

Comment

Are you thinking of the Tria? It never made it. The Orion was the other one we had, though it was destroyed by the Wrait. I can't remember another Aurora-Class that we had or saw in the Milky Way.

I just really liked the word "RepliBlobification" and wanted to use it

Comment

Originally posted by Psyku View Post
                          btw was'nt there an aurora class ship our home galaxy or did that one already blew up ??
                          Do you mean the Tria? apparently that might be dealt with in Midway
                          sigpic
                          If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                          I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

hmm no not that one.

there was once mentioned they wanted to keep one. for defense arount earth against the ori. or was that the tria?
                            Eagles On Pogo sticks

Comment

That was the Odyssey, which is:

Spoiler Alert.
                              Spoiler:
                              Either Chilling at Earth post AoT or doing something else. We can assume its still there because we're generating Asgard weapons from it's computer core. I assume they're leaving it at Earth because it is now the single most valuable piece of technology that we have. Atlantis maybe more so, but the Odyssey has the power to actualy generate results already due to the user friendly nature of the Asgard Core.

Comment

Granted I know they tried to take out the hyperdrives and strand the ships so that sort of explains the lack of ship stealing but come on... aquiring ZPMs is like priority number one. McKay seemed to have beemed into a ZPM room with Ronan and crew, he could of at least grabbed that one when the RepliBlob formed and he knew a ZPM overload wasn't going to happen.

I know the creators don't want to overpower or overendow our heroes but I just couldn't believe some of this stuff didn't come up.
                                I believe ZPM's are only important for Atlantis (the city ship) itself. I'm pretty sure the Asgard Technology handed down to earth would have included plans for better power plants for the ships.

Comment

Working...
                                X