All those Aurora-Classes and ZPMs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All those Aurora-Classes and ZPMs...

Did it sort of annoy anyone that even though they knew all the Asurans were going to hypercondense into some superhuge godzilla RepliBlob, and and knowing they have two ships with Asgard beam technology: they didn't attempt to set up teams to loot the city or ships as they did in the first episode of the season post-RepliBobification?

I mean they had a golden opertunity to pick up all but six Asuran ZPMs (in the end even those six) while the RepliBlob formed. Or Beam on some of the ships and grab some ZPMs or the ships themselves. They know how to pilot an Aurora-Class already, and alot of people have the ATA Gene now, it would be completely possible. They could have at least stolen some of the smaller still hyperdrive able ships from This Mortal Coil.

Granted I know they tried to take out the hyperdrives and strand the ships so that sort of explains the lack of ship stealing but come on... aquiring ZPMs is like priority number one. McKay seemed to have beemed into a ZPM room with Ronan and crew, he could of at least grabbed that one when the RepliBlob formed and he knew a ZPM overload wasn't going to happen.

I know the creators don't want to overpower or overendow our heroes but I just couldn't believe some of this stuff didn't come up.

Thats what I have been saying and it pissed me off so much that we didn't get anything at all and their was so much for the taking. It was like christmas but instead of presnets everyone just left
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I was hoping that the next episode "Spoils of War" would be about this, but when the planet blew I knew everything was destroyed. And Spoils of War seems to be about an abandoned Wraith vessel anyways. We've already stolen one of those

Comment

Originally posted by Land010 View Post
        I was hoping that the next episode "Spoils of War" would be about this, but when the planet blew I knew everything was destroyed. And Spoils of War seems to be about an abandoned Wraith vessel anyways. We've already stolen one of those
        Pfft...why not another. Besides, that one took a couple of nuke hits,
        Spoiler:
        this one seems to be a lot more, salvageable.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Now that I think about I don't even know if I would want those piece of crap rep ships they were so weak it was not even funny
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

i thought it was a good episode

Comment

No it didn't make me mad they didn't get any loot.
              First, the plan was to use the ZPM's the detonate the repi-blob. When that didn't work out, Mckay changed the repli-blob to sink into the planets crust. From the time that happened to the time the planet exploded was a very short amount of time. Looked like they basically had time to beam the team up and go into hyperspace.

As far the aurora class ships, when the replicators were being sucked down into the planet, it compromised the hulls of the ships, rendering them useless. The ships themselves were powerful, the shields were overwhelmed by a lot of darts and rail gun fire, draining their power. Similar to how the wraith defeated the Ancients in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                Now that I think about I don't even know if I would want those piece of crap rep ships they were so weak it was not even funny
                Actually now that you mention it... thats true. Those Auroras really were weak. They really seemed to lack shields, what was up with that?! I mean they lasted about as long as the Orion did, and the Orion had no shields. They were ambushed though so whatever...

When Thor and the Asgard destroyed the Replicator ship in New Order they hit it as it emerged from hyperspace when the shields were down to kick it's ass. When they first started hitting the Auroras thats what I thought was happening...

i thought it was a good episode
                I did too. It's one of the best Atlantis episodes yet, a little bit fast paced but I really liked that about it. Plus it was just very visually stunning. It really blew me away.

I just wanted them to get a ZPM or a ship or something out of destroying most of the Asurans... seems fair to me.

No it didn't make me mad they didn't get any loot.
                First, the plan was to use the ZPM's the detonate the repi-blob. When that didn't work out, Mckay changed the repli-blob to sink into the planets crust. From the time that happened to the time the planet exploded was a very short amount of time. Looked like they basically had time to beam the team up and go into hyperspace.
                The Asurans had alot more than six ZPMs. In Lifeline they stole a ZPM just from some isolated part of the city, so there were without a doubt way more than the six they needed to blow up the planet if the Asurans have these things lying around. Keep in mind the Tria was powered by a ZPM, so it's probobly fairly standard for an Aurora Class to have a ZPM.

Eeh good call on the decompression of the ships though when the nanites were sucked down, I didn't really think about that. I mean I knew stealing ships was sort of a long shot I just wish they had thought about it or something. Stealing ZPMs seemed alot more plausible and/or likely to me. I'd just like to see Atlantis with more than one ZPM because I want to see what systems would come online with more power, could open some intresting plots up.
                Last edited by Land010; 04 January 2008, 09:24 PM.

Comment

I think McKay said there were like 35 or something
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic

Comment

I believe there were 39 replicator ships altogether. Still, you can't overendow the heroes, as the op said. It takes away from the drama.

Comment

Originally posted by triggrhaapi View Post
                      I believe there were 39 replicator ships altogether. Still, you can't overendow the heroes, as the op said. It takes away from the drama.
                      It was 30 rep ships
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                        It was 30 rep ships
                        By the final battle, yes, but I just saw the episode and they killed 9 of them before the final battle happened. Remember that it was the Replicators retreating that prompted the assault against them.

Comment

Originally posted by triggrhaapi View Post
                          By the final battle, yes, but I just saw the episode and they killed 9 of them before the final battle happened. Remember that it was the Replicators retreating that prompted the assault against them.
                          I thought you meant at the final battle
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic

Comment

This episode really makes me wonder: with the new Asgard tech, what is the need for ZPMs? Either those beam weapons are very, very efficient or we have access to Asgard ion generator technology. I'd wager on a combination of both.

As far as Auroras are concerned, it would have just been too complex and risky to try to grab one when time was such an issue. And again, the power of the 304s now makes it practically a non-issue.

Comment

Originally posted by lazarus2405 View Post
                              This episode really makes me wonder: with the new Asgard tech, what is the need for ZPMs? Either those beam weapons are very, very efficient or we have access to Asgard ion generator technology. I'd wager on a combination of both.

As far as Auroras are concerned, it would have just been too complex and risky to try to grab one when time was such an issue. And again, the power of the 304s now makes it practically a non-issue.
                              Which brings up an interesting point. Why have we not build a third one yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X