Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weir's plan?

Weir Weir's plan?

Okay, obviously Weir is up to something, I made up this thread so that what that Weir's status with the replicators and her possible plan may be. Obviously most of this will be speculation, but who knows, someone may be close to the truth.

From where Be All My Sins Remembered left off it seems that Weir is commanding a group of replicators. How and how many, what resources does she have at her disposal, and what is she planning to do, anyone got any ideas?

It may sound a bit wierd, but I believe that some of the resources at Weir's disposal may be the Wraith. I mean think about it, it is very probable that the Wraith had an alternative motive to join forces with the Atlantis expidition other than their worry about the food supply. The Wraith still want to get to Earth and the Milky Way, because they are aware that it is a rich feeding ground. The Asurans want to destroy Earth. If the Wraith could be supplied with Intergalactic Hyperdrives by the replicators it could essentially benefit both. Yes I know that Weir would probably never want to harm humans, but we have to remember that, in a sens, she is part replicator now; she has been compromised and there is no telling how much of her is still left, whatever she is doing may be, in a way, pure instinct.

Anyone else have any ideas/theories?

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Default Re: Weir's plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    i think it was the real weir but she no longer has control ....she might have been taken over my the natnites (sp)
    That is exactly what I think as well. I think Weir has been taken over by the nanites within her. Next season, the SGA team will have to try and save her, at least I sure hope so. I don't want her to "die" again.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Here's another interesting thing. The Wraith never showed up at the rendezvous point. Is it possible that Dr Weir had something to do with that?
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Major General

I doubt it, they probably just thought that the Daedalus and Apollo would pwn them if they did.

I'm going the opposite direction. I think it is the original Weir with the nanites Rodney reactivated. However, I think she is exerting control over them and somehow over the ones that comprise her crew. There must be a reason they were not affected by Rodney's weapon.

I don't think she's evil, but I don't think she thinks she can return to Atlantis since she is part replicator. I think she has accepted what happened to her and is moving on. I think the group of replicators with her are part of Niam's group and they will go find a quiet spot in the galaxy (perhaps that time dilation field from Epiphany) to seek ascension.
    Sig by Luciana
    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    I'm going the opposite direction. I think it is the original Weir with the nanites Rodney reactivated. However, I think she is exerting control over them and somehow over the ones that comprise her crew. There must be a reason they were not affected by Rodney's weapon.

I don't think she's evil, but I don't think she thinks she can return to Atlantis since she is part replicator. I think she has accepted what happened to her and is moving on. I think the group of replicators with her are part of Niam's group and they will go find a quiet spot in the galaxy (perhaps that time dilation field from Epiphany) to seek ascension.
    or build a master plan to wipe out the wraith

Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    I doubt it, they probably just thought that the Daedalus and Apollo would pwn them if they did.
    That too is a possibility. But I somehow doubt that. Remember those Wraith do know where Atlantis is.

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    That is exactly what I think as well. I think Weir has been taken over by the nanites within her. Next season, the SGA team will have to try and save her, at least I sure hope so. I don't want her to "die" again.

Yeah....I'm hoping that is the real Weir....and all I know for sure is she better not be killed because how many almost/false deaths can one character take! Two was enough!!

or build a master plan to wipe out the wraith
    Ah, good thought. I was going off the desire to not have anybody looking over their shoulders, but that certainly could be in general.
    Sig by Luciana
    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Quote Originally Posted by rarocks24 View Post
    Here's another interesting thing. The Wraith never showed up at the rendezvous point. Is it possible that Dr Weir had something to do with that?
    That's one of the main reason's that I started thinking about if the Wraith may somehow be involved with the Wraith. I mean the Wraith joined sides with their enemy in this episode because they had something to gain. Why not join sides with another enemy if you can gain from it as well.

Staff Sergeant

she said that we don't have to look over our shoulders. I think it's the group of replicators that want to ascend.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUIvan View Post
    she said that we don't have to look over our shoulders. I think it's the group of replicators that want to ascend.
    You know, I hadn't thought of that? Whether replicators ascending would be a good thing or a bad thing, I'm not sure. The more I think about it, the more likely that idea sounds. But, why would replicators that want to ascend follow Weir....unless they believe that she is somehow the key that will ultimately lead them to ascension. The fact that she was born human and not made a replicator may seem significant to those that she commands.

i think it was the real weir but she no longer has control ....she might have been taken over my the natnites (sp)
    Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    I'd like to think it was the real Weir, being controlled somehow by the Replicators. Their purpose is ambiguous, though--do they want simply to ascend, or do they want to do worse--replace the humans in the galaxy?

I would love to imagine a story arc that was multi-episodic where Elizabeth played the foe--and Shep and the others discovered she was the real Weir and did what they could to eventually save her--a nice, long Weir heavy storyline.

Is is possible that the "Weir Clone" from TMC was a plant by THIS Elizabeth, created to pass along that hard drive to McKay so that the Lanteans would destroy the old Replicators? That the entire TMC storyline was a set-up by the Real Elizabeth to meet this end--destroy Oberoth and his collective and take control?
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox_Abyss View Post
    That's one of the main reason's that I started thinking about if the Wraith may somehow be involved with the Wraith. I mean the Wraith joined sides with their enemy in this episode because they had something to gain. Why not join sides with another enemy if you can gain from it as well.
    The Wraith wouldn't work with the Replicators at all, regardless of what they may or may not gain. I was going for those six hives (i saw one destroyed) vanishing completely and that being an interesting plot. Only flaw is, no mention of it in spoilers.

Speculation. For all we know, she could be planning her own way of wiping out the Wraith. The Wraith would never leave them in peace and they now have access to a very viable supply of resources. It was an episode in which Weir came out on top, and the Wraith and Atlantis were along for the ride.

Somehow, I doubt this won't be the last time we'll be working with the Wraith.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox_Abyss View Post
    You know, I hadn't thought of that? Whether replicators ascending would be a good thing or a bad thing, I'm not sure. The more I think about it, the more likely that idea sounds. But, why would replicators that want to ascend follow Weir....unless they believe that she is somehow the key that will ultimately lead them to ascension. The fact that she was born human and not made a replicator may seem significant to those that she commands.
    If I remember rightly, RepliKeller said that the human part of Weir was able to exert an 'unhealthy amount of influence on other replicators'...

Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    If I remember rightly, RepliKeller said that the human part of Weir was able to exert an 'unhealthy amount of influence on other replicators'...
    She also said that Dr.Weir was killed for it. Which could mean that RepliWeir is a full Replicator. The original killed and a full replicator made with her memories and personality by the other replicators, much like the human clone on the twin city.

I'm not entirely sure that the Replicators that made the clones were working with the Replicators that followed Dr. Weir, even though they may or may not have the same/similar beliefs. Dr Keller believed that they had been found and everything lost. If they had RepliWeir to begin with, why go thru such an elaborate deception/experiment?

Is it possible that RepliKeller was never killed by Oberoth's collective and instead Weir arranged this ruse to give over the Aurora data to Atlantis in order to destroy Oberoth, all the while making it seem legitimate enough?

Thier Aurora class ship was not part of the data that Atlantis had to track, so they might have possibly excluded it intentionaly. Their intent may have been to arrange the destruction of thier opponents to seek ascension. Weir did not want to reveal herself as she believed they would think her compromised, a prisoner etc and they would attempt to make her return while she believed this was her true place now. She also may be unstable due to nanite influence. These Asurans are clearly part of RepliKeller/Niem's faction as their ship was excluded from that data and they were not at the homeworld when it was destroyed.

I'm not entirely sure that the Replicators that made the clones were working with the Replicators that followed Dr. Weir, even though they may or may not have the same/similar beliefs. Dr Keller believed that they had been found and everything lost. If they had RepliWeir to begin with, why go thru such an elaborate deception/experiment?
    Because they still had to deal with Oberoth and the other 'aggressive' Replicators, which they couldn't destroy themselves. If Niam's group did 'steal' the real Weir away, they needed a way to destroy Oberoth without connecting to him--since he could rewrite their programming.

So this Weir develops the Atlantis we saw in TMC, and creates the clones to get them to unsuspectingly give the Lanteans the hard drive. She does this perhaps because she knows the Lanteans won't trust her directly, no matter what she does to convince them they're good--or, perhaps more plausibly, maybe her purposes aren't good (or, in my ever pro-weir mind, the replicators using her have turned her bad), and she doesn't want the Lanteans to know she's around.

By coming up with the elaborate plotline, developing the clones and getting them to get the hard drive to McKay, she gives Sheppard and the rest a 'trustworthy' method of obtaining that information--they'll believe an Elizabeth that is almost human, and who truly believes she's a clone--and now they have a way for Oberoth to be destroyed without revealing she and her faction of replicators are still out there.

What's one Atlantis and a city full of replicators, destroyed, to a batch of replicators, anyway? You can just build another.

Quote Originally Posted by Land010 View Post
    Is it possible that RepliKeller was never killed by Oberoth's collective and instead Weir arranged this ruse to give over the Aurora data to Atlantis in order to destroy Oberoth, all the while making it seem legitimate enough?
    Anything's possible. All we know is Dr. Weir is in this episode and she has one line. Then whammo. But why clone Dr. Weir if the Ascension-Replicators have the real Jack McCoy? Also, there was no way for her to know that they'd ally with the Wraith to stop the Asurans. In fact, she was probably riding against that course of action, given the events of Allies/No Man's Land, in which she personally witnessed.

Thier Aurora class ship was not part of the data that Atlantis had to track, so they might have possibly excluded it intentionaly. Their intent may have been to arrange the destruction of thier opponents to seek ascension. Weir did not want to reveal herself as she believed they would think her compromised, a prisoner etc and they would attempt to make her return while she believed this was her true place now. She also may be unstable due to nanite influence. These Asurans are clearly part of RepliKeller/Niem's faction as their ship was excluded from that data and they were not at the homeworld when it was destroyed.
    Where would they have gotten the Aurora from? Weir could have revealed herself at any time, but instead she chose to wait till the victors had all gone home to party. She definitely has ulterior motives, and if she's unstable due to nanite influence, then all the more reason to believe she has turned into a villain.

Keep in mind, we are all clueless as to what Dr Weir is up to. We'll find out in S.5.

Keep in mind, we are all clueless as to what Dr Weir is up to. We'll find out in S.5.
    We hope. We've not gotten a guarantee Torri will be back for Season 5. My hope is that all of the press (or lack thereof) has been something of a ruse, too, and that she was always planned to return for a nice story arc.

But I'm going to be on pins and needles until some kind of official announcement is made. If they leave her hanging like THAT--

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast