Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arative View Post
    Spoiler:
    How do you know it was a DupliWeir in TMC because she said so? Essentially, DupliWeir was organic with nanites, the same as Weir. The only way we know that it wasn't the real Weir is that the Replicators said it wasn't the real Weir. Most likely the same Replicators that were shown at the end of BAMSR.

So lets assume for a moment that it was the real Weir. Given what was said in TMC, the Niam faction want to ascend, Weir is either in charge of them or a part of them. Now they can't try to ascend because Oberoth is standing in their way. The Niam faction is too small to take control of the entire group of Replicators. So they enlist Atlantis to do it for them.

Now we know Sheppard wouldn't leave anyone behind. So Atlantis wouldn't willing destroy the Replicators as long as Elizabeth is alive. Therein comes the plan that we saw in TMC, make organic replicants of the team, they "discover" another organic replicant Weir.

So now that Atlantis knows their Weir is supposedly dead, they are free to try and destroy the replicators. So the events unfold in BAMSR as they do. In the end we see the real Weir, with the Niam faction and now that the other replicators are out of the way, they are free to begin their work.

Now of course this makes some assumptions and leaps in logic. I just don't think that the writers would kill Elizabeth Weir off screen like that. It could be that Elizabeth is being controlled by the nanites, could be that she just doesn't like what she became. I don't think she is evil but I don't think she has Atlantis' best interest at heart any more. This is all guess work on my part and I could be wrong.
    Spoiler:
    hehe you know that's actually quite interesting. at first I didn't get what you meant, I guess this isn't as easy after all. ok IIRC we only know that the team in TMC along with Weir were duplicates because of RepliKeller (who also said the real Weir's dead). so yeah AFAIK everything you described is entirely possible. however you said yourself that those are a lot of assumptions

I'd agree that we still don't know what happened to the Weir from Lifeline but I do believe that the team in TMC were duplicates. also remember there practically is no more 'real Weir', our Weir became RepliWeir in Adrift when the nanites saved her life (I'd say it's probably 70% nanites and 30% real Weir left, just a guess of course). I don't know if she's evil either but I certainly agree that this Weir most likely isn't another ally of the Atlantis expedition
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      Spoiler:
      hehe you know that's actually quite interesting. at first I didn't get what you meant, I guess this isn't as easy after all. ok IIRC we only know that the team in TMC along with Weir were duplicates because of RepliKeller (who also said the real Weir's dead). so yeah AFAIK everything you described is entirely possible. however you said yourself that those are a lot of assumptions

I'd agree that we still don't know what happened to the Weir from Lifeline but I do believe that the team in TMC were duplicates. also remember there practically is no more 'real Weir', our Weir became RepliWeir in Adrift when the nanites saved her life (I'd say it's probably 70% nanites and 30% real Weir left, just a guess of course). I don't know if she's evil either but I certainly agree that this Weir most likely isn't another ally of the Atlantis expedition
      Agh my head hurts now. It sure isn't as simple as I thought either.
      Spoiler:
      As you said regardless our Weir is dead. Even ifher body still somewhat exists she was taken over by the end of Lifeline. At this point the Elizabeth we knew is dead. The question here is, is it RepliWeir or another nanite duplicate. Either way she is certaintly not an ally.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        Agh my head hurts now. It sure isn't as simple as I thought either.
        Spoiler:
        As you said regardless our Weir is dead. Even ifher body still somewhat exists she was taken over by the end of Lifeline. At this point the Elizabeth we knew is dead. The question here is, is it RepliWeir or another nanite duplicate. Either way she is certaintly not an ally.
        yeah it certainly isn't that easy. and I agree with what you said. btw why are we still using spoilers? I think this thread was moved, anyway...
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
          Spoiler:
          I think it is the real Weir in this episode and in Mortal coil. What ever plan she has, she needed the replicators out of the way and the best way to do that get Atlantis to do it for her. She knew exactly what strings to pull to get Atlantis to do it for her and one of the best ways is for Atlantis to think their Weir is dead. That way they have no reason to think they needed rescue her before destroying the Replicators.
          I completly agree, I posted about the same thing in anther thread.

Comment

I agree with Arative as well. This is what I think happened.

Sometime before TMC, Weir probably staged some kind of rebellion and started her own rebel replicator faction, like repliKeller did. Maybe some kind of mini civil war happened and Weir managed to escape. Oberoth's cover story is that they destroyed Weir.

Then Oberoth hunted down and found repliKeller's faction and destroyed them too. I don't think the repliWeir in TMC is the same as the real Weir.

Weir has her own plan now, and whatever it is, it required for Oberoth's group to be out of the way. Maybe Weir likes being partly nanite and want to "improve" everyone like this. Maybe her crew aren't rebel replicators at all but random humans she convinced (or forced) to take nanite injections. Maybe her crew has both replicators and humans.

I would be interested in seeing a Weir with a vision of trying to improve the greater good, and have her ideas not always be consistent with Atlantis' greater good.
            sine sine cosine sine,
            three point one four one five nine!
            Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
            [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
            This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

SHe's like neo now, fundamentally human but the process has changed her.

whoooooaaaa Weir is the one.

Comment

Working...
              X