GateWorld Play > Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld Play > Troubleshooting

Having technical problems with GateWorld Play? Post your issues here to help us improve this new technology.

The video player is a new technology for us. While we do our best to fully test it on multiple platforms, we do anticipate the occasional rough spot to smooth out. Your help and patience are appreciated!

everytime i try to click on a link in this list
    Spoiler:
    (light blue)

i keep getting this pop up
    Spoiler:

i'm using ie 7 and maxthon broswer (ie based) and i'm running vista home basic
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

All fixed. Thanks!
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Could we get a fullscreen mode added, with todays high resolution monitors the video window comes out very small.

(i know, and don't mind, that it will be a little pixelated in fullscreen)
        SPACE MACGYVER!!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45YqOin2sg

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          It's the little box icon near the lower-right corner of the player, just to the left of the volume control.
          What he said.

Comment

Yeah sorry, i dont know how i missed that
            I swear it wasn't there 3 hours ago
            SPACE MACGYVER!!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45YqOin2sg

Comment

Unfortunately for me it won't play....

Kriss
              sigpic

Comment

Kriss, I received your e-mail today. If you could provide a little more info about what the player is doing for you, it might help to figure out the problem.

Does the player itself load, or do you see a white box with a loading circle in the middle?

Do you see a still preview image ("The Phenomenon")? When you click to play, does anything happen in the main window, on the toolbar, or in the playlist below?

Finally, what is your operating system, Web browser, and approximate Internet connection speed (dial-up, cable, DSL, etc.)?

Thanks!

Comment

I get the page and it just says load flash player ...so I hit the link load the player...which I might add I already have loaded.......it says on the adobe page that it is installed succesfully go back and still nothing at all...

Just to check I tried it in Firefox and would you believe it...it worked!.....but still not working in IE7...did have a look at Adobe and it said about internet options and running active X but I can't find what I have to check so that it will play...it may just be that I have to reload IE7...

Hope this helps...

Kriss
                  sigpic

Comment

It does help, thanks! It lets us know that the problem in this case lies with your plug-in installation, and isn't a server-side problem we need to worry about.

I'm not sure what the Active-X requirement is or what IE will require. Please do post your solution if you get it working in IE! (New browser plug-in installations will often require a browser restart and, sometimes, even a computer reboot.)

Comment

Well yesterday I reloaded IE7 and then the plug in and still not working so today I will go onto microsoft and find out why...it is so annoying...as I prefer IE7 to Firefox...once and if I find the solution I will of course post it...

Thanks for all your help

Kriss
                      sigpic

Comment

YES YES YES...me happy bunny..finally solved it!...you need to download a debugger from Adobe and it puts something in your registry to make it work...

Help for loading debugger

Above is a link which tells you how to solve the problem...the debugger link is about half way down and you need to do the first solve as well...

Hope this makes sense...

Kriss
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Kriss! Hopefully that'll help someone else with the same problem.

Comment

Am I only one having problems with the damn scroll thingy. Everytime I click "play" on the main page or the GWplay page, it starts scrolling down by itself and I end up watching the jaffa jokes video because it was the first one, even when I move my mouse away from the video and move myself away from the keybaord.

I can watch the other video by clicking on their links in the list though, because it gets rid of that scroll box
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

This is actually what it's been doing to me, and I've been wondering how wide-spread it is. The player seems to not be taking enough time to try and start buffering the video, considers the load failed, and skips to the next one.

The work-around, for now, is to click the little arrow to go to the video's own dedicated page, and play it from there (it takes me two tries there to force it to buffer and play).

Comment

Working...
                              X