X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was updated today. And it'll be updated tomorrow

Comment

It's specified in the news story that it will be daily starting Monday (today), after the initial release had time to sink in over the weekend!

Hopefully updates will be going up in the morning on most days. Today it was late in the day.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        It's specified in the news story that it will be daily starting Monday (today), after the initial release had time to sink in over the weekend!Hopefully updates will be going up in the morning on most days.?* Today it was late in the day.
        Morning to what time zone.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Arizona or New Jersey i assume
          MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
          I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Arizona, most days. Eastern time -- perhaps now and then!

Comment

Query:

I didn't notice any copyright notices on the Gateworld Play page. Do people who submit videos/material retain ownership of their videos, with the right to pull them at any time for any reason. If say ads get attached to viewing these videos, and GW makes profit from it, do the creators of the videos shares in said profit? Do you think MGM will have any problem if fans start submitting music videos, etc. (which they've done to YouTube, and had them yanked by NBC (I think it was NBC) which use exclusive copyrighted materials?

Sorry for the nitpicking, but I deal with this stuff in my job, so I can't help by ask these questions

Comment

I should spell this out more clearly on the video submission page. Owners retain all ownership rights, but (as the forum currently says) grant GW unlimited, non-exclusive rights to publish. By that we mean, in part, that a video creator cannot come back to us after their piece has gone online and demand that we take it down.

They can, of course, kindly request that we take it down, which we will consider on a case-by-case basis.

Do know going in, though, that GateWorld Play helps the site earn money through ad impressions (elsewhere on the HTML page) already. There is no revenue sharing with fan video creators. If a video creator is against that, it would probably be best not to seek publication here.

We are in somewhat untested waters as far as MGM goes, so of course we will remove any videos at their request. I'm not sure what they (or NBC Uni) have done with YouTube in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                  I should spell this out more clearly on the video submission page. Owners retain all ownership rights, but (as the forum currently says) grant GW unlimited, non-exclusive rights to publish. By that we mean, in part, that a video creator cannot come back to us after their piece has gone online and demand that we take it down.

They can, of course, kindly request that we take it down, which we will consider on a case-by-case basis.

Do know going in, though, that GateWorld Play helps the site earn money through ad impressions (elsewhere on the HTML page) already. There is no revenue sharing with fan video creators. If a video creator is against that, it would probably be best not to seek publication here.

We are in somewhat untested waters as far as MGM goes, so of course we will remove any videos at their request. I'm not sure what they (or NBC Uni) have done with YouTube in the past.
                  Thanks for the reply.

NBC (believe it was them) did a massive cull on YouTube removing any bits and pieces of the Stargates fans put up, including music videos. It was a bleak day in SG fandom but most folks remember when Emedian was taken down. Sigh.

The water's a bit murky on anybody saying they have rights to their video if they use any of the Stargate footage in it, or music they don't create themselves.

You might want to clarify the ownership rights and sometimes fans do remove their material - for very valid reasons - mostly having to do with jobs, etc. - so you might want to note that removal is done only on a case by case basis. However, if they retain ownership to the video, then it's within their rights to have it removed no matter what the case.

Comment

Thanks for uploading the interview with Ben Browder. Are those unaired clips from the interview you guys did a couple of years back?

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

I have a suggestion, maybe putting to links to the Omnipedia unplugged videos in the relevant omnipedia articles?
                      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                        I have a suggestion, maybe putting to links to the Omnipedia unplugged videos in the relevant omnipedia articles?
                        might take time to do that???
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I love it.

Cool
                          Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                          sigpic
                          sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

The Ben Browder snippets were fun to watch. I died laughing when he mock screamed "Sam should be leading the team!" Bwahahah! You'd almost think he must have been reading some of the screaming on this forum but he had some valid points about why he does cons only once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                              Definitely watch for this in the near future.

Comment

THanks for the new Ben Browder footage. It was a lot of fun to watch. But I have a question. I remember this interview with Ben from a couple of years ago...why wasn't this part aired initially?

Comment

Working...
                                X