This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld Play > Comments

The future of GateWorld is here! Today we unveil the big project that has been in the works for the last several months: GateWorld Play, a new extension of the site into the world of Internet video.

Please use this thread to let us know what you think of the new video channel in general. A second thread also exists to help with any technical issues. Feel free to start separate threads if you want to discuss the content of specific video items.

We hope you enjoy this major new addition to GateWorld!
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 January 2008, 01:55 PM.

I'm not sure if it's my connection, but ever since this has been online i've been having trouble accessing both the main site and the forum. First neither would work, now they are very slow.

I think it's an impressive undertaking, and I look forward to it when it's more stable (for lack of a better word). I may get up the nerve to submit one or two things in the future.

sigpic

Comment

I'm already trying to submit one of my music vids (and I see someone else has already sent one), so we'll see how that goes, expecially as I have never used FTP before.

Very ambitious indeed!

Comment

We are having sluggish server issues unrelated to the video channel (bad timing!). Stay tuned -- we'll get it straightened out.

EDIT: All fixed! Please give it a try now.
        Last edited by Darren; 04 January 2008, 05:12 PM.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I like it

Comment

Dear Darren,

I just read the announcement about GateWorld Play...and I couldn't be more excited (Well, ok...if RDA was at my front door...but since he isn't...)! Good for you and whoever else worked on this project! It's the obvious next step for the site. I am so proud of this online community...and the people who run it!!!

* Smilies by Mala
            Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 04 January 2008, 05:48 PM.

Comment

in the words of cam mitchell "now that;s what i'm talking about" ...i like so far ..looking forward to more content
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I've just watched everything and love it. I can't wait to see what else you have for us. Thanks to Darren and everyone else that has contributed.
                sigpic

Comment

The big thanks should go to David, who has been honing his video production skills by actually making everything you see (with the exception of Mary Beth's music vid, of course).

Comment

Please.. Please.. Please.. give us a fullscreen button!

Thank you
                    SPACE MACGYVER!!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45YqOin2sg

Comment

It's the little box icon near the lower-right corner of the player, just to the left of the volume control.

Comment

Would it be possible to have an iTunes or other podcast application compliant feed?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                          It's the little box icon near the lower-right corner of the player, just to the left of the volume control.
                          Yeah sorry, i dont know how i missed that
                          I could have sworn that it wassnt there 3 hours ago
                          SPACE MACGYVER!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45YqOin2sg

Comment

^ pfft... already wanting more.... haven't they done enough?

I love it! I can't believe how fast the videos load, I'd thought it'd be very slow if GW did anything like this, like the stargate website. (i don't think i actually thought GW would do something like this)

It'd be interesting to see if you guys fulfil your promise to update 7 days a week.... What with life and all (alot of the omnipedia needs updating... but I guess now we know why you didn't have time)

Everyone, click on as many ads as possible... GW deserves more money
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Just wanted to say that I think it's cool that you're launchin' the GWPlay with a few of the different features already. Sometimes, you read that sites will be bringing something new, and then it takes a bit for the content to be added or the "vision" to be realized. Here? It's like you're ready to share right off the bat.

Kudos to this new way of learning about the Stargate 'verse - I like it.

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Working...
                              X