This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A theory.

If Stargate Universe takes place in the Asgard galaxy, i think i know who the villains would be. The Jotuns. in Norse mythology, Jotuns were the Giant enemy of Æsir (Norse gods). in SG:1 itself the reference one at least once; Surtr, lord of fire giants. they said that when Ragnarok (battle of end times) would come they'd fight them. Perhaps the Jotuns were a race equally has strong as the Asgard and they were enemies. Also they could have had a treaty that stopped them from fighting, but if said treaty were broken it would lead to an all out battle. Them being "giants" could refer to the size of their military, which would contrast with the Asgard's dwindling numbers from cloning. Just a cool theory of mine, it would be awesome because it would incorporate mythology into the new series just like SG:1 did.

EDIT: IGNORE THIS! i put it in the SGU speculation thread
    Last edited by tombombadil; 04 January 2008, 11:56 AM. Reason: Not needed
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Actually according to the episodes thor's hammer and thor's chariot, the asgard considered the Gou'ald their "jotouns..

Comment

Indeed:

Jotun
      (also spelled Jotunn, or Etin, “devourer”), in Norse mythology, the race of giants that was descended from the primordial being Ymir, the first frost giant, whose existence preceded that of Buri, the ancestor of the gods.

Comment

I think that if the Asgard had another major enemy, we would have at least have been informed of them. They didn't hesitate to tell us about the Replicators, even when they did not pose a direct threat to the Milky Way.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X