This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site has been too slow

The past week or so, usually during the afternoon and evening hours, the site has been WAY too slow, I can't get ANY images to load at all and the whole site becomes incredibly slow and it even affects non-gateworld pages as well and I have to restart my system to get anything to load properly. I'm assuming it's some kind of server strain since I'm on in the morning now and everything is fine and this has been a pattern for the past several days. Will this be getting better anytime soon?

Thanks,
    Vala,

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
    The past week or so, usually during the afternoon and evening hours, the site has been WAY too slow, I can't get ANY images to load at all and the whole site becomes incredibly slow and it even affects non-gateworld pages as well and I have to restart my system to get anything to load properly. I'm assuming it's some kind of server strain since I'm on in the morning now and everything is fine and this has been a pattern for the past several days. Will this be getting better anytime soon?

Thanks,
    Vala,
    glad it's not just me
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I thought it was just my internet connection. If you guys think its slow maybe it is a server. It takes me about ten minutes to view a thread and respond to a topic.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Same here, it's good to know that I'm not the only one as well.

I also noticed that the number of online users was around 650 this earlier and it was all fine, there is some slowness with images loading and there are around 720 users online now. I will keep track of the number of users and slowness.

Vala,

Comment

i've noticed some slowdown at around 7am, my time, the past few days.

I've written it off as either firefox issues, or some sort of update/backup going on with the software cause it never lasts too long
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It affects IE too. it takes forever for Quick Reply or Editing to work.

Comment

Both my rig and the computer have been loading GW slow. I attributed it to all the malware I've been fending off on my rig and the massive issue that went on with the 'net connections here at work though.

Comment

I thought it was just my system. I've run at least four McAfee virus scans thinking it was on my end, but it showed nothing. While whatever it is that's slowing the site down, at least I know it's not on my end.

Comment

Originally posted by Vampyr View Post
                  Both my rig and the computer have been loading GW slow. I attributed it to all the malware I've been fending off on my rig and the massive issue that went on with the 'net connections here at work though.
                  No it's not spyware it's affecting everyone.

It's getting frustrating to navigate a site like you are back on 14.4kbps dialup but are actually on DSL. Starting to time out connections now. By the time BAMSR airs I doubt I'll be able to post at all.

Comment

It's happening to you guys to? WTF is wrong with the server?
                    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                    sigpic

Comment

IT affects Netscape 8/9 with both Firefox and IE render engines. I also thought it was just me. Apparently not. The ads do come up a bit slow, from within the site, but not so if you copy their links and open them directly in a new window. Somethings definitely wrong though.
                      Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                      Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Wow! This is apparently a big problem, I'm glad I decided to post!

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                          Wow! This is apparently a big problem, I'm glad I decided to post!

Vala,
                          yup it seems everbody has the same problems
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I mentioned having problems in the 'ads' thread...

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                              It's happening to you guys to? WTF is wrong with the server?
                              For me it speeds back up around 7:00-8:00P.M. EST. If I had to guess there are too many users online based on the facts?* that bothe North America and Europe are on at this time.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X