This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'New' Fresh 'enemy' for Season 5?

Are we going to see a totally new species in season 5. None human and quite interesting, and from a different galaxy.

I hope it is not the same old: Uber powerful enemy bent on the destruction of Atlantis.

I like to see a species that is a shade of grey (neither enemy or friend of Atlantis) and technology that is neither uber Ancient/Asuran level, but above Wraith. A species that is 'smart' thinking and use heterodox strategies.

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
    Are we going to see a totally new species in season 5. None human and quite interesting, and from a different galaxy.

I hope it is not the same old: Uber powerful enemy bent on the destruction of Atlantis.

I like to see a species that is a shade of grey (neither enemy or friend of Atlantis) and technology that is neither uber Ancient/Asuran level, but above Wraith. A species that is 'smart' thinking and use heterodox strategies.
    Like the Travellers?

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post

There haven't been any details released (for obvious reasons) but I should hope it's a completely new enemy, I'm fed up of replicators, in a human form, and enemies that are similar. I liked it when the replicators were introduced, they were new and original, we should have something different in the same way in the new series.
      Best quotes ever:
      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
      Thor:I like the yellow ones
      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

The Re'tu and Replicators, and to an extent, the Crystal Skull Aliens are the only non-humanoid Aliens are the only non-humanoid Aliens that I can think of on SG-1, so to have another, original one on Atlanits would be a nice change for Stargate as a whole

Comment

Producer said "mysterious" aliens.

The Travellers are not mysterious, we already know about them and their capabilties (much more so after All My Sin's).

May be a new kind of traveler species from another galaxy.

There may be a plot hole of course: If they are from the Peagsus galaxy, HTF did they hid from an armada of Asuran ships? Being a race, they must have a planet or planets.

Hopefully the race will be advanced, close to Asgard, without being another uber race out of nowhere. Hopefully the new race will be 'smart'.
          Last edited by JSPuddlejumper; 01 January 2008, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Probably turn out to be Michael's bug people!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
              A strong possability!
              Pure.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                I hope not, they aren't a brilliant new emeny. I hope it's something completely original.
                Best quotes ever:
                O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
                  Like the Travellers?
                  We're yet to see if the travellers are more advanced than the Wraith, I personally think they'll have to be pretty advanced to even survive the BAMSR battle.

Comment

Those Traveller ships looks pretty pathetic compared to our ships, Aurora's and Hives, hell even Wraith cruisers.

Hopefully they have better weapons and shields then they look. Otherwise the Aurora's will have them for lunch.

We need a smart new species. They had to really dumb down and tone down the Asurans (and their Aurora's) to make them beatable.

Comment

i hope for some race that only has about tenthousand men, but tries to take over technology to enslave people... some sort of unified goa'uld

Comment

maybe a race from a few galaxy away, totally new technology

like they were armoured siuts similar to halo or something
                        and they are not really advanced yet they pocess hyperspace tech and weapons
                        and they are militaristic and their galaxy is just on the brink or collaspe and they found the pegaus galaxy and want to settle conquer it and they killed many sg teams and so atlantis is in war with them or something
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                          maybe a race from a few galaxy away, totally new technology

like they were armoured siuts similar to halo or something
                          and they are not really advanced yet they pocess hyperspace tech and weapons
                          and they are militaristic and their galaxy is just on the brink or collaspe and they found the pegaus galaxy and want to settle conquer it and they killed many sg teams and so atlantis is in war with them or something
                          That would be a good, new scenario for an enemy, they don't want people to worship them, they don't want people for food, they just want them out of the way so they can settle there, good idea .

Comment

my problem with many of the sg enemies is that they dont attack en masse and due to their numbers later in the show, they become much weaker. the enemy must be tactical strike teams, maybe even the system of SGC, with several teams that go through the stargate to find technology to supress other people and enslave them, to make them appear cool and stay cool the entire season

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                              That would be a good, new scenario for an enemy, they don't want people to worship them, they don't want people for food, they just want them out of the way so they can settle there, good idea .
                              I agree, maybe a sect of the furlings that had to leave the MW or whatever other galaxy they occupied and then they wanted to come back home and decided to settle in the PG. That way we could see the furlings, have an advanced enemy and a back story behind it where we could find more out about the alliance and the other races etc.
                              Best quotes ever:

Comment

Working...
                              X