Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Model Kits

Hey guys,

I know this must have been asked for ages but is there any large company going to produce modelkits of the big-ass ships in stargate, like the Aurora or Daedalus?

I've seen some modelkits scattered over the web but all quite expensive or out of stock.

If not, is there any way to obtain high detailed pictures of the ship to produce my own model?

greetz

If you have the DVDs you can get shots of the ships using the pause button and saving images. If you're really lucky you can get some good clear shots of the sides/front/back. Thats how I worked out the design of the puddle jumper Printed hundreds of images.. then had to draw out the design by hand, took a long time (OK, about a week) but it was worth it in the end

Comment

Ok 5 seconds into the thread and im confused, now when you say Model's do you mean 3D Models or Craft type, You mentioned Model Kits and out of stock then Pharaoh Hamenthotep Mentioned Pictures and Drawing so im stuck half way lol
      Pure.

Comment

I mentioned drawing designs of the ships, using screenshots as references. I'm a model maker (both CG models and real world physical models )

I don't know of any companies that make model kits to buy

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          I mentioned drawing designs of the ships, using screenshots as references. I'm a model maker (both CG models and real world physical models )

I don't know of any companies that make model kits to buy
          You make physical models! Me to
          But any ways, if you do want Physical models just google it and you'll find quite a few things. Ive seen Alkesh, Gliders, F-302's, Replicators but the only big ship Ive seen a Daedalus model.
          Hope it helps.
          Pure.

Comment

Hey guys!
            I am a hobby modeler and i have made a few models from Stargate.
            The first one i made was a 1/24 scale F302, and i have recently finished a 1/2500 model of the Daedalus(Well, the Daedalus-class, at any rate, it could be any one of the vessels), as well as a 1/2500 companion Prometheus.
            I am also working on a 1/24 Jumper, a 1/24 Stargate and a 1/1000 Daedalus.
            I have pics of my progress if anyone is interested.
            Bar.
            e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

Can you post some pictures of your Jumper?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                Can you post some pictures of your Jumper?
                No problemo.
                It's only the basic shell right now.
                I am still working out the logistics of making it the right shape, and then chopping it into the correct pieces to be cast.
                I used a paper template for the shape(Which is what is draped over the outside).
                Please forgive the little GiJoe and MASK figures. They are just for scaling.
                There are pics of all my projects in this post for you guys to see.
                Bar.

And a bit of a laugh to show how big the Daedalus really is...

Comment

WoW! those models are soo cool!
                  Fantastic detail aswell

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                    WoW! those models are soo cool!
                    Fantastic detail aswell
                    Yeah the detail is very good
                    sigpic

Comment

NIce models, they look very good and detailed

Comment

Im looking to get a model of a F302 and I cant seem to find a model kit any suggestions? The one you made was really sweet. Did you model that your self?

Comment

Originally posted by tattianese View Post
                          Im looking to get a model of a F302 and I cant seem to find a model kit any suggestions? The one you made was really sweet. Did you model that your self?
                          I did model that myself.
                          The kit is no longer available unfortunately.
                          I still have the masters here, of course, but the kit is no more.

Comment

Hi, everyone!

This is my first fanmade project for Stargate community!
                            3d-printable kit - Replicator's bug from SG1.
                            I'll be glad if you like it!

Here's site with my 3D-model and some photos of printed model:
                            http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/...rral=Daniel314

Comment

Working...
                            X