This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miju View Post
    I want to learn more about the inventions of Tesla instead of his life story....recommendations?
    "The Inventions, Researches, and Writings of Nikola Tesla". It's a book my brother has, nice thick one too. I haven't read it, but it's supposed to be quite good.

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
    isn't there a huge conspiracy theory that he invented a giant death ray and it's being held by the U.S. government? and wasn't he a touch on the crazy side? who cares though, he was the true inventor of the radio, not Marconi.
    There are lots of conspiracies about anyone who was or is smarter than their time.
    He was slighty eccentric though.
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
      I'm not sure..... The lab burning down was in the movie "The Prestige"
      but not sure if that really did happen..
      I haven't watched that movie so that's not where I heard of it. Maybe there's some truth to it?

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
      The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Yes that's been mentioned on tons of sites about him too.

Actually a particle beam weapon of some sort, and not just
        theoretical if you believe some of the stuff written about him
        and the invention.....
        i read once that they thought the tunguska blast was done by his "death ray" and he was supposed to aim at the arctic where there was a olar expedition at the same time so they could witness it, but he missed or something, and if you were to draw a line between where he was living at the time and bisect where the polar expedition was at the time and then keep the line going it will meet where the tunguska blast was
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

There are tonnes of Conspiracy Theories involving Nikola Tesla, ThePhiladelphia Experiment and The Montauk Project, to name a few.

He had some Obsessive Complusive Disorders, didn't he? And a fassination with Pidgeons

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
            i read once that they thought the tunguska blast was done by his "death ray" and he was supposed to aim at the arctic where there was a olar expedition at the same time so they could witness it, but he missed or something, and if you were to draw a line between where he was living at the time and bisect where the polar expedition was at the time and then keep the line going it will meet where the tunguska blast was

Only one problem with that ...

If Colorado Springs were his home how could he aim anything at
            the Arctic because you'd have no visual marks to aim for as well
            as the arctic being too far away to see?
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
              There are lots of conspiracies about anyone who was or is smarter than their time.
              He was slighty eccentric though.
              And much building up of real accomplishments into unbelievable and unrealistic claims.

Genius he was, he couldn't have done some of the things attributed to him and even if he had, someone else would have discovered or invented them by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie View Post
                And much building up of real accomplishments into unbelievable and unrealistic claims.

Genius he was, he couldn't have done some of the things attributed to him and even if he had, someone else would have discovered or invented them by now.
                That is possible, but it is also entirely possible that he may have invented those things. I think there was once a man who had an EXTREMELY advanced understanding of math, but died before he could teach others what his theorems meant. I don't believe we can make heads or tails of what he wrote even now.

Once in a while, someone can come along and completely blow everyone away with their intelligence and innovative ability. I think Nikola Tesla was such a person.
                || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Possibly such a person. He made many fanciful theories and ideas some of which came true or were shown to be real world inventions. Others have yet to be proven or have been disproven. He might have invented something no one's ever seen before and hasn't since but then he might have created something that could never work either. I'd prefer real world, scientific proof of some of the more outrageous claims before believing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie View Post
                    Possibly such a person. He made many fanciful theories and ideas some of which came true or were shown to be real world inventions. Others have yet to be proven or have been disproven. He might have invented something no one's ever seen before and hasn't since but then he might have created something that could never work either. I'd prefer real world, scientific proof of some of the more outrageous claims before believing them.
                    A good approach to take.
                    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Only one problem with that ...

If Colorado Springs were his home how could he aim anything at
                      the Arctic because you'd have no visual marks to aim for as well
                      as the arctic being too far away to see?
                      i guess he used a compass, that'd be easy enough, just aim north, but the point is, he over shot his mark.
                      I'm not saying i believe it though, just that i once heard that.
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                        i guess he used a compass, that'd be easy enough,
                        just aim north, but the point is, he over shot his mark. I'm not saying i believe
                        it though, just that i once heard that.

Yeah but it's fun to speculate LOL
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Yes Tesla had a remote control boat he invented. I have researched him extensively.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            What do you guys think of the scientist and inventor Nikola Tesla?
                            never heard of him
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                              That is possible, but it is also entirely possible that he may have invented those things. I think there was once a man who had an EXTREMELY advanced understanding of math, but died before he could teach others what his theorems meant. I don't believe we can make heads or tails of what he wrote even now.
                              sauce

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Wow, so this thread was started before Sanctuary even came out? (P.S., in case anybody cares, Nikola is portrayed in that Syfy series and he's amazing!)

(See signature below. )

Actually, Sanctuary got me interested in the real Tesla and I did a crap-ton of research on him. And then I found this thread. Hooray! He's officially my hero as of now. His blend of arrogance, hypersensitivity, and pure unadulterated genius is fascinating.

Dunno if anyone's still looking at this thread, but oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X