This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Novels?

Im currently after the stargate novels and I was thinking which where worth buying?

if anyone has any links to reviews of the books please post them up!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

there have been 3 series of novels

the bill mckay ones are ok, if you like jack and daniel and an alternate universe from the show. No sam, no teal'c and i think it all has to do with abydos. once i realized there was no sam, i didn't track the others down to read

the ashley mcconnell ones are ok, but not very good as a whole. the author got zero support frommgm, had a bad editor (amanda carter shows up in one of them) and the stories aren't very good

the most recent ones done by fandemonium press are better. the first one is written by sabine bauer, aka Doc. Jack whump and jack focused. I haven't read the second one but i have heard that others have enjoyed it.

Personally? (bearing inmind that tastes are different) i'd stick with the fandy ones first (only available in the UK, unless you mail order) and not mess with the others unless y ou find them in a used book store for a buck or so
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

well i just won price u pay and The Morpheus Factor factor. waitin for some others to finish.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Actually the Fandemonium books are very good. they fill the holes left by the series and actually feel like a good two-parter episode somewhere in the middle of the series (depending on the book). If you like stargate and wish there were more episodes, read the Fandemonium books. Either you love them as first read or you dont... personally I have all of them and cant wait for more

Comment

Working...
        X