Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had my niece over the holidays for 3 days. We took her back today. My sister handed me two DVDs with Torchwood on it, the British versions. and with the declassified stuff. No CBC butchering of the show (though I do get it that they need to cut things out for commericals). Have to watch it on my computer but it'll do for now!
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by magickalmama View Post
      I wouldn't expect CBC to air series two until October, 2008. Doctor Who usually airs in the summer, so that's when I'd expect to see DW series four on CBC. Why the CBC waited a year before airing series one of TW is beyond me - they repeatedly told people they simply hadn't placed it on their schedule until then. They obviously don't care about the show, and I firmly believe it won't air here until next fall. We may even see region one DVD's of TW series two before the CBC airs it!

And yes, we need an entire thread to grumble about the CBC and Torchwood! Did you see how much they cut from Combat last night? They skipped an entire scene, and it was (well in my opinion) a major point.

Lets have lots more grumbling about the CBC's treatment of TW.
      I fear you're right on October 2008. Disappointing. At least we'll only be, what? Nine months behind this time?

I don't understand why they've waited so long either. They co-produce the show, which I presume means that they're putting money into it? Why waste that by waiting a year to air it, and then just destroying the episodes with their edits?

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
      I had my niece over the holidays for 3 days. We took her back today. My sister handed me two DVDs with Torchwood on it, the British versions. and with the declassified stuff. No CBC butchering of the show (though I do get it that they need to cut things out for commericals). Have to watch it on my computer but it'll do for now!
      Not to mention that in tonight's season finale, they cut out loads, but then they air three whole minutes of commercials after the show is over! During one of those commercial breaks in the middle, I had time to go to the bathroom, change into my PJs, and then cut myself a piece of cake! During others I read three whole pages of my book- not speedreading! They've gone commercial crazy! Not to mention it's insanely difficult to follow when in the dialogue they refer to scenes that were cut!

Not to mention it's horribly annoying when they blur a word that rhymes with "duck" out.

CBC is just disappointing, I wish it were more like the BBC.

Bright side, I absolutely loved "Captain Jack Harkness" GREAT episode, and I hope it's a sign of the show finding its feet writing-wise for season two (I even got teary-eyed at the end). "End of Days" was very good as well.

Comment

Working...
      X