• Time
  • Show
Clear All

S4 - Trailer Discussion (Spoilers)

Did I *really* see UNIT!?

YAY!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

That face towards the end better not be who I think it is...
    Spoiler:
    Davros is great and all, but come on!

EDIT: Ah, on closer inspection, it may be
    Spoiler:
    A Sontaran
    Last edited by The Signal; 25 December 2007, 02:28 PM.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Well, the preview only shows parts of the first 5 episodes. So we only see clips of "Partners in Crime", Pompeii episode, "Planet Of The Ood", "The Sontaran Strategem" and it's second part.

I am guessing the blonde is Miss Foster from "Partners", it is clear who appears in the Pompeii episode based on cloths (most likely there'll be a reference in the episode about setting your watch for Volcano Day), we already saw the Ood, and those eyes were definately Sontaran.

Comment

^errr, can I have the list of season four episode names plz?
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
          ^errr, can I have the list of season four episode names plz?
          All of them are not availible yet, and the ones that are could get changed. We won't really have much certainty until March.

Comment

damn.

Back on topic, if the clips in the trailer are only of the first five eps then I'm well excited about what season four is going to bring!
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Back on topic, if the clips in the trailer are only of the first five eps then I'm well excited about what season four is going to bring!
              I'm wary of season 4. Doesn't feel as exciting as previous season teasers. I'm most looking forward to the Pompeii ep, and I do hope they make reference to the First Doctor's adventure in Rome. Donna's a ****, but am looking forward to Martha's return!

BTW, just after they show Martha, some strange white slash hisses across the screen? What was that?
              sigpic

Comment

I'm disappointed by the standing-on-the-grass-looking-up shot. Between the extreme greenness of the grass and the extreme purpleness of the one guy's shirt, I was sure it was some kind of SJA crossover scene, but the guy doesn't look like Maria's dad and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there wouldn't be any crossovers. *sigh* Still, it caught my attention.

I'm hopeful for the upcoming season, but a bit wary as well. While I don't hate Donna as much as many people seem to, I think that S3 had more mediocre-to-poor eps than the previous seasons and I don't want the trend to continue (or deepen) as the show goes on. I'd love to trust RTD and crew, but experience has taught me that the only thing absolute faith in a show's PTB guarantees is absolute heartbreak. So I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope the carnage isn't unbearable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                  I'm wary of season 4. Doesn't feel as exciting as previous season teasers. I'm most looking forward to the Pompeii ep, and I do hope they make reference to the First Doctor's adventure in Rome. Donna's a ****, but am looking forward to Martha's return!

BTW, just after they show Martha, some strange white slash hisses across the screen? What was that?
                  having seen the season 2 torchwood trailer it looks like martha guesting in that too.

and of all the ideas the script editors could think of "bring back the ood" was in their top 10? that is not sounding hopefull.
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                  Quotes!
                  - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                  - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                  - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                  sigpic

Comment

Squeeeee!!!!

Cough, sorry. Trailer looks fantastic. :
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      I'm disappointed by the standing-on-the-grass-looking-up shot. Between the extreme greenness of the grass and the extreme purpleness of the one guy's shirt, I was sure it was some kind of SJA crossover scene, but the guy doesn't look like Maria's dad and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there wouldn't be any crossovers. *sigh* Still, it caught my attention.

I'm hopeful for the upcoming season, but a bit wary as well. While I don't hate Donna as much as many people seem to, I think that S3 had more mediocre-to-poor eps than the previous seasons and I don't want the trend to continue (or deepen) as the show goes on. I'd love to trust RTD and crew, but experience has taught me that the only thing absolute faith in a show's PTB guarantees is absolute heartbreak. So I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope the carnage isn't unbearable.
                      See, I, on the whole, cannot fault S3. Where as S2, I can fault Tooth & Claw, Girl In The Fireplace, Both Cyberman eps, definitely the idiot's Lantern, Fear Her and both Army of Ghosts and Doomsday.

The S4 preview left me very excited, generally because of the UNIT involvement, but on the whole it looked great.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Girl In The Fireplace is one of the best episodes in the new series! I know I'm not alone in that opinion.

And let's not fault S2, that time has come and gone. S3 faults are now open for elaboration. For me, the weak ones of S3 were Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks. Apart from that...

I'm getting a little tired of the 'new monster each ep' formula.
                        sigpic

Comment

The two-part Dalek ep, Lazarus Experiment and 42. Although now that I look at the list, the other eps were all really good. I guess it's just the fact that the "bad" eps were all in a row makes them stand out more. Gridlock had some problems, too, although I loved seeing Boe again and Branningan and his family were great.

Hopefully S4 will spread out the weak eps a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            The two-part Dalek ep, Lazarus Experiment and 42. Although now that I look at the list, the other eps were all really good. I guess it's just the fact that the "bad" eps were all in a row makes them stand out more. Gridlock had some problems, too, although I loved seeing Boe again and Branningan and his family were great.

Hopefully S4 will spread out the weak eps a bit more.
                            Or, even better, there won't be any weak eps?

- hey, I can hope!
                            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Well, there are those who seem to think that any ep with Donna in it is gonna be crap, so for them the show is already operating under a handicap.

Me, I don't mind her and I'm willing to wait and see how things develop story-wise. There are always a couple of weak eps, which is okay because nothing is perfect and they help you to appreciate the good eps... although yes, hopefully the bad ones will be at a minimum.

The only thing I'm NOT looking forward to in the coming season is all the *****ing and whinging we'll have to put up with from the anti-Donna/Tate crowd.

Comment

Working...
                              X