i'm sick of this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm sick of this...

i've heard people complaining about cLAIR'S BLOOD ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT forums including this one. Heroes is written like a comic book and ressurections happen all the time in comics
    heres a few examples :
    in DC:
    Ra's al Ghul
    superman
    solomon grundi
    and countless others
    in marvel:
    Jean Grey
    Psylocke
    Colossus
    magneto
    and countless others
    and to top it off Arch Angel's blood basically does the same thing!
    all these comic series have been going on for quite some time and probably won't die soon. <mod snip> they probably won't use it that often if at all. Clair could choose to do what Hiro does and not try to save everyone who dies.
    Last edited by Skydiver; 25 December 2007, 03:21 PM.
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

The only problem I have with the whole concept is that, unless Clair is O-Neg, most people into whom the blood is injected would just die from the blood types at work being incompatible. Right?
    Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
    Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
    Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
    - Serenity

Comment

They are complaining because if her blood has healing properties she wouldn't have died in S1 and would instantly have healed from any wound without having to either remove foreign object, they would be pressed out or encased, or close the wounds, like she did on that cutting table because she could simply grow new skin and not to mention that the doctor wouldn't even have been capable of opening her up as her cuts would instantly regenerate.

They're also complaining because the power lie in the brain, so Clair might have a regenerative aura or something which lacks in other people and thus her blood shoudn't work.

Originally posted by Mefusta View Post
      The only problem I have with the whole concept is that, unless Clair is O-Neg, most people into whom the blood is injected would just die from the blood types at work being incompatible. Right?
      Non AB+ people would have an immune response, bleeds inside their body and general mayhem if they aren't compatable. So either she's O-Neg or the recipients are AB+.
      Signed,

Gregorius
      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

You could hand me a ten page dissertation explaining the historical significance of the "blood issue" in comic books and entertainment and I STILL wouldn't like seeing it in Heroes. I don't care if every comic book in history has used the concept- if anything, I might count that as a strike against it- but the point is I don't like seeing it in Heroes. That's what this is about: HEROES. Not X-men, not Superman, not Batman, HEROES. Just because it's done in other places doesn't mean it has to be done here and it sure as hell doesn't mean I have to like it. And since this is a forum that welcomes ALL opinions* I am going to post my dislike whenever and wherever I want (although hopefully it'd be in a relevant place and time).

My issue with the "healing blood" thing in Heroes is similar to the issue I have with Ascension on Stargate: it's too easy to abuse the ability and turn it into a cheap and gimmicky "get out of death, free" card. IMO it cheapens dramatic moments by over-use and it makes death meaningless becuase, "Oh look! All we have to do is inject this blood into this dying person and, ta-da! They're magically healed!"

I wondered about the blood type thing, too, but I guess that's just another thing the blood heals: the reaction to getting the wrong type.

*Within reason. No "I think this actor/poster should die" stuff, no "IMO all these people should STFU and leave the forum" stuff, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta View Post
          yeah that does bug me a bit, but who says the people who have gotten her blood aren't AB+? universal reciever and all
          Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
            yeah that does bug me a bit, but who says the people who have gotten her blood aren't AB+? universal reciever and all
            I have the answer: Who cares. It's TV.

Comment

Ah, but how boring would fandom be if no one cared? In fact, would fandoms even exist if everyone had the attitude of "Who cares, it's just a show?"

Is it worth caring so much that when something "disagreeable" happens you froth at the mouth or attack someone who has the "wrong" opinion or threaten to kill yourself? No. In that case it IS "just TV," but when it comes to simply nitpicking stuff, that kinda stuff happens all the time.
              Last edited by ShadowMaat; 27 December 2007, 03:49 PM.

Comment

i was thinking that maybe the part of her brain that controls her regenating has to be undamaged, that's why she couldn't heal while the stick was still in and why peter couldn't heal with the glass still in his brain. i don't like that she can heal others, too easy to have a reset on the show. many she has to use lots of her blood. that would make it better as she couldn't do it all the time.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Personally, I don't have a big problem with the healing abilities of Claire's blood. At least, not yet. If it does become over-used, then yes, I'll have a problem.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                    i've heard people complaining about cLAIR'S BLOOD ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT forums including this one. Heroes is written like a comic book and ressurections happen all the time in comics
                    heres a few examples :
                    in DC:
                    Ra's al Ghul
                    superman
                    solomon grundi
                    and countless others
                    in marvel:
                    Jean Grey
                    Psylocke
                    Colossus
                    magneto
                    and countless others
                    and to top it off Arch Angel's blood basically does the same thing!
                    all these comic series have been going on for quite some time and probably won't die soon. <mod snip> they probably won't use it that often if at all. Clair could choose to do what Hiro does and not try to save everyone who dies.
                    If i were you I would have just saved time but saying "everyone" rather then attempting to make even a fraction of a list of all the comic book resurrections.

Comment

Working...
                    X