Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Buy the DVD films!

Ok, the Ark of Truth is leaked, but this wasn't the final version, so it will be better. I hope every fan will buy the DVD instead of downloading this pirate version. Please, support the next movies that you will have an original SG DVD in March. Thanks.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Default Re: Buy the DVD films!

I just finished the leaked version, and I absolutely plan on buying the DVDs. The effects weren't finished. Besides, even though I saw it early doesn't mean I'm not going to support the franchise fiscally!! I know some may not, so THEY shouldn't download it lol. But, I will, so in the meantime, I have this version.

Actually, I'm buying about three copies to give to my friends
    Last edited by Ganthet Jr.; December 23rd, 2007 at 05:18 PM. Reason: used the wrong word
    Ganthet Jr. is formerly "TheInnkeeper"

Teal'c: Your world is a strange place.
    Daniel: ...So's yours.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

I hadn't realised it had been leaked. Downloading now
    But rest assured, when it comes out on DVD next year, there is no way I won't be buying it. WIll look lovely next to my SG-1 seasons 1-9 and Atlantis seasons 1 & 2. Add to that SG-1 S10 and SGA S3 when they come out.

On a side note, PTB should really look into who they let access these materials. IIRC, that's three out of the first four S4 episodes that were leaked and now this...they got a Zatarc in their ranks.

I have to admit i'm rather p*ssed off at this leak... no pun intended.

Firstly i now have to spend the time between now and the DVD release being EXTREAMLY careful what i click on on the SG sites i visit. I don't want to get this ruined before i see the proper movie.

Secondly due to this leak Andreas has decided to cease posting his official Promo images. The images he was posting are brilliant, they gave us a glimpse of whats to come yet and left us with questions like 'Who's that? Why are they there?' I;ve spent many a hour debating what could/might be going on and now.... Zilch.

(I don't blame Andreas for withdrawing his posting services before anyone reads into the above that i do)
    http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7549/bannerx2.jpg

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Eh, it's just an extended length low res teaser trailor in my book. Not gonna change my mind about buying it, as I still am no matter what. The one thing it did do was, make me want to buy it more.
    Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
    Loyalty above all else, except Honor.
    http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...a/Palmados.jpg

General

I shall!

I got the leaked version as well, but I'm not planning to watch it (well, maybe just a few scenes...) until after I watch the finished version.

Colonel

I will buy AoT.I doesn't matter that I've seen it, I'll buy it

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

I'll definitely be buying both movies, and intend to convince some of my friends to do so as well.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

The only reason i'd DL'd the movie is if i can't rip it off the DVD for my Ipod.

Major General

I'll definitely be buying it, seeing the leaked version only made me want it more.

guys if you download it trust me when its comes to march 2008 and p[eople dont buy the dvds and after continum and there no more dvds of this seires people wonder why and that because no one going to be buying the dvd and are instead downloading the pirate version.I wish congress threw people in jail for downloading tv shows and movies off the net and that teach people not to do it.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    I'll definitely be buying it, seeing the leaked version only made me want it more.
    Very well said. It did the same thing for me.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by CUBBYJR1 View Post
    guys if you download it trust me when its comes to march 2008 and p[eople dont buy the dvds and after continum and there no more dvds of this seires people wonder why and that because no one going to be buying the dvd and are instead downloading the pirate version.I wish congress threw people in jail for downloading tv shows and movies off the net and that teach people not to do it.
    To be honest, I think relatively few people have even downloaded it, and even the majority of those will probably buy it. The quality is decent but not the sort of level that is going to sway people from buying it because they already have a copy.

Second Lieutenant

This leak will change nothing.
    Everyone who was going to buy it will buy it anyways, and the people who weren't going to buy it won't anyways. They'd just have waited for the final version to leak.

The only reason i won't be buying this is if i'm dead... or it's bought for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sg1lostatlantis View Post
    Very well said.

He Who Burns At The Center Of Time The_Carpenter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sg1lostatlantis View Post
    Indeed, It should get up into the top 10 DVDs of the week its released
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

I'm buying two copies. One for me, and one for a friend in Canada. I also own seasons 9 & 10 (for a certain Cameron Mitchell). I just wish Continuum was released already, I really can't wait to see that one!

Spoiler:
    MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

My command is this: Love each other as
    I have loved you. Greater love has no man than
    this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
    - John 15:12,13

Quote Originally Posted by The_Carpenter View Post
    Indeed, It should get up into the top 10 DVDs of the week its released
    Fingers crossed!

A heads up to anyone posting comments to this blog about The Ark of Truth. Yes, I’m aware an unfinished version found its way online and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. No, I will not be allowing any discussion on the contents of Ark of Truth until its official release. So any of you who may be privy to details or heard about details and wish to discuss them, here is not the place to do it. I will not publish your comments.

Now I realize a lot of you are hardcore fans and just dying to get a peek at the movie. The wait for the DVD release has no doubt been unbearable for many. And while I can’t stop you from downloading an illegal copy (hopefully the good people at MGM will see to that), I do wonder why anyone would want to spoil their enjoyment of the finished product by watching an early, incomplete version. It’s sort of like arriving half an hour early to pick up your first date and insisting you head out immediately. Hey, it would be nice to shower, shave, put on a nice suit, some cologne and, in general, look presentable. The hardcore fans will forgive a lot (and I’m probably referring to many of you reading this), but the casual fan and first-time viewer may well have their opinion of the movie (and, unfortunately, any future movies) unfairly tainted by an unfinished version. I remember when work-in-progress copies of Adrift and Lifeline hit the internet earlier this year. A number of fans expressed disappointment with the lack of sound and visual effects. In many cases, they even expressed regret at having watched the early versions as it colored their enjoyment of the episodes when they eventually aired. Again, I can’t stop you - but something to think about.

Also something to think about is the fact that while having an early version available online may seem like a good thing for Stargate fans anxiously awaiting the DVD’s release, it is a very, very bad thing for Stargate and could adversely impact the future of the franchise. I know, I know. You guys are huge fans and most of you will buy the DVD regardless. However, there are many fans and first-time viewers in particular who will not. And, bottom line: if the DVD sales are undermined by this early release, then that could well effect the possibility of future SG-1 movies.

To those of you complaining that this is exactly like the aforementioned Adrift and Lifeline situations or the early release of Doppelganger - No, it isn’t. In the case of Adrift and Lifeline, the version that found its way online could have been one of the hundreds of screeners sent out to critics all over North America. In the case of Doppelganger, iTunes mistakenly released a copy of the episode a week early. In the case of The Ark of Truth, however, it was someone in a position of trust (which is kind of sad). And, unlike, say, the hundreds of North American television critics and their family members, or the countless subscribers to iTunes, that “circle of trust” (apologies to Robert DeNiro’s Jack Byrnes) aint that big. Someone, either out of spite or simple sheer stupidity, stole a copy of the unfinished movie, pirated it, and put it online - essentially putting the future of SG-1 at risk - and there’s a good chance this individual will be caught. And when said jerk/idiot/criminal IS caught, here’s hoping they receive a good legal ass-kicking.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-and-postings/
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633