• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lostpinky View Post
    I found it

Spoiler:

Cool! thanks for posting this....

Comment

having been working on this a little i've done some plotting and planning and came up with this...

http://www.lostmindsinc.com/STARGATEMAP3.png

at the moment i've plotted only the planets using the PXX-XXX name system and about 95% fall within the galaxy using this mapping system.

the first pic below shows the bands for the stargate P3X-955 for example is in the third band in the X direction.

The second pic shows the directions
      ZONES

DIRECTION

Comment

as this is for a game i'm working on i know the stars around earth need to be a hell of alot tighter packed but i exaggerated it to make it playable

Comment

well i've finished plotting what i think to be a pretty accurate representation of the stargate galaxy.

keep in mind that only planet that sg1 have visited or have been mentioned in stargate are represented... there were at least 14 other teams operating for as long as sg1 were so there should be a great many more planets on this map.

a few of the planets designated such as PGG-002 are outside of the galaxy if mapped in this fashion so have been placed at random in the "other" zone hecne why this is no where near 100% accurate.

If going on the goa'uld occupying the entire galaxy alot of the mentioned worlds cthey occupied over cover 2/3rds of teh galaxy from west to south to east with many of the neutral worlds occupying the northern side of the galaxy.

This is the best i could come up with i hope it is good enough for you guys needing stargate maps.

Comment

I found it

Spoiler:

There's north in space now?

Anyway, it should be noted that the labels are in two different fonts. Some were apparently present on the picture from the get-go, some were added sloppily.
            Stargate Wiki

Fanfics: 2008

Comment

If that's our galaxy, who took the picture?

~Dave

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
                If that's our galaxy, who took the picture?

~Dave
                Col. Caldwell, Who else do you think?
                Last edited by aretood2; 01 June 2008, 03:37 PM.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  Col. Caldwell, Who else do you thing?
                  LOL! Good one.

~Dave

Comment

having been working on this a little i've done some plotting and planning and came up with this...

at the moment i've plotted only the planets using the PXX-XXX name system and about 95% fall within the galaxy using this mapping system.

the first pic below shows the bands for the stargate P3X-955 for example is in the third band in the X direction.

The second pic shows the directions
                    ZONES

DIRECTION

-theres no p3w-451 (black hole planet)... theres a p3w-351 (maybe you have a typo, or maybe i didnt look hard enough?)
                    ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Theyre gonna hafta figure all this out for the MMO stargate:worlds. But other than the planets given specific locations like abydos, or all of a particular system lord being close together, theres no real difference.

Comment

so we're in the delta/Beta Quadrant? :-)

Captain Janeway, and the Kilingon Empire, save us from the Snakehheads! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
                          -theres no p3w-451 (black hole planet)... theres a p3w-351 (maybe you have a typo, or maybe i didnt look hard enough?)
                          You'd also need P2A-870, the planet the wormhole "skipped" to when Carter's bomb disconnected it from P3W-451.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                          sigpic
                          now also appearing on DeviantArt
                          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Scyos made a much more detailed galaxy map I suggest you all check it out...
                            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                              Scyos made a much more detailed galaxy map I suggest you all check it out...
                              damn straight! and its Escyos

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                                damn straight! and its Escyos
                                Got a link?
                                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Working...
                                X