This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Galaxy Map

I found somewhere someone had made a graphic of a map with the stargate galaxy partially plotted out on it, it appeared on google and had a different language for a description but i cannot find it again anyone got a stargate galaxy map picture?

If anyone has seen this map or have a map with the Stargate worlds plotted could you post a link, thanks.

Comment

I haven't seen what you're referring to, however I'd love to see something like it. Star Trek has cartography books, why shouldn't we? Lol.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I would love to have that graphic, if I find it I will let you know
        sigpic
        Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

I found it

Spoiler:

Last edited by Lostpinky; 20 December 2007, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostpinky View Post
            I found it

[IMG]
            Spoiler:
            http://www.lostmindsinc.com/images/galaxyplayerskopietm9.jpg[/IMG]
            it's not working
            Last edited by g.o.d; 20 December 2007, 12:57 AM.
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

yeah it is i was just uploading it to my webserver at the same time

Comment

Interesting though there are certain elements within it that are well.. different... one example being Goronak being mentioned twice and the Jaffa's empire being called the Jaffa Republic when its actually the Free Jaffa Nation. I like the positioning of Dakara though, for such an important world to be placed near the center of the galaxy though personally I feel that the galaxy should be a bit bigger as there should be large parts unexplored but thats just me.

Nice find.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I found it

Spoiler:

cool thanx for posting
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

It's nice to look at, but I'm having a hard time taking it seriously.

In the show, we are never shown where the planets are on a galaxy map, so this appears to be a pretty random fan-made map which everybody could make up and place the planets pretty much wherever he or she pleases (exceptions being planets like Abydos where we know it has to be close to earth).

Abydos is shown to be very far away from the so-called "former Goa'uld system" - I wonder how that can be, given that it was once part of the empire of Ra, who was the supreme system lord.

Also, like other scifi galaxy maps, this one does not take into account that the stars in space are not dots on a two-dimensional plane but scattered in a three-dimensional space, i.e. the borders that are given for the Jaffa Rapublic and former Goa'uld territory here cannot represent the three-dimensional expansion of the individual areas in space.

So all in all, I'm not very happy with this and as I said, it looks totally made up so I don't see any point in using it as a reference point when dealing with the worlds of Stargate.

Club Mats likes you.

Comment

I found it

Spoiler:

Very cool.
                      StarshineRoxie
                      A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                      sigpic

Comment

Is there a Pegasus Galaxy version of the same map? I thought I saw one here on GW but then again I might be wrong.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

It was made by someone who speaks another language i think so that could explain the changes in the jaffa nation name... as for earth and abydos being so far away i agree there are some inconsistancies there so it is probably fan designed but to be so far away from the goa'uld say in the beginning of season 8 would make sense so not sure when this is set though but with the supergate there prolly means end of season 9. But given that stargate has a somewhat diffenate positioning system i wondered about the placement of things on the map as well. Dakara was always said to be deep within Baal's space so it makes sense to be sort of close to the center of the galaxy.

As for it not being 3d, I tend to like the 2d maps better easier to process sometimes and it suits the purpose of the game I'm making.

Comment

Thanks for the map, it looks kool and yes although it is probably not very accurate and just put randomly, who cares we will probably never get an official one anyway

Comment

Yeah I make a thread on this and no gives me such usefull infomation.
                              Lol Joking Great Find Lostpinky. Though Im having truoble believing it and untill theres an official map i dont think this will ever be 100% but for now this is perfect, and exactly what ive been looking for.
                              Last edited by PureMarksman; 23 December 2007, 06:55 AM. Reason: Spelling eror
                              Pure.

Comment

Working...
                              X