New Babylon 5 Movie!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JediTrilobite
    Hm... I think that you're probably one of the only people that I've heard say that. To each their own though.
    Heyyyyyyyy Rangers was good...except for the sfx( ) and the Hand .
    sigpic
    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

The death of Richard Biggs who played Dr. Franklin on the show seems to have delayed the project.
      Whoa... I hadn't heard that, guess I haven't been paying attention to B5 news for quite some time..

When/how did this happen??
      O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
      Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by Ramne
        Whoa... I hadn't heard that, guess I haven't been paying attention to B5 news for quite some time..

When/how did this happen??
        he did of a stroke at the age of 44 near the end of May. i think it was a pretty bad stroke, if i remember right he got out of bed one morning and just collapsed

it is good to know they won't recast him if it gets done (and hopefully it will be dedicated to him).

does anyone know what the movie is going to be about, B5, Crusade or Legend of the Rangers? with the name Memory of Shadows, it doesn't really limit itself to 1 series (hopefully they will pretend the episode The Deconstruction of Falling Stars doesn't exist and do something that doesn't fit in with the timeline that episode created)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut
          Heyyyyyyyy Rangers was good...except for the sfx( ) and the Hand .
          And the insane idea of having then enter a VR chamber to fire the ship's weapons. It's not very efficent, even considering Rangers are trained to the max.
          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
            And the insane idea of having then enter a VR chamber to fire the ship's weapons. It's not very efficent, even considering Rangers are trained to the max.
            Hey!That was the best part! Man you need to develope a sense of taste for quality matierial!
            sigpic
            Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
            "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
              does anyone know what the movie is going to be about, B5, Crusade or Legend of the Rangers? with the name Memory of Shadows, it doesn't really limit itself to 1 series (hopefully they will pretend the episode The Deconstruction of Falling Stars doesn't exist and do something that doesn't fit in with the timeline that episode created)
              As I said before, the movie will feature the cast of Babylon 5. It will most certainly be set after Objects at Rest (Season 5, episode 21) and before Sleeping in Light (S5, E22), which gives it a twenty year window. It will probably be either about the Telepath war, or a wrap up of a Crusade story arc, that the show never even got around to introducing, i.e. Shadow weapons in human hands. The name seems to indicate the latter.

As for Deconstruction of Falling Stars, why on earth should the timeline it establishes be contradicted in any way??? It doesn't 'set' anything until well after Sleeping in Light, and the movie will certainly take place well before that.

Also it has been one of B5's greatest strenght that it does not continually contradict established canon. This is of course largely because B5 is the product of one man, JMS.

Comment

I had heard rumors JMS was working on something for some time, however this is the first i've heard a name for the project. With a name like memories of Shadows it could cover a whole lot. I hope they refer to Galen's exploits in the Technomages series of books.

Comment

Cool! New B5!
                  Alex :: UE Photographer @ Large
                  www.alcsnet.com/urbex-milton/
                  2 Cor 4:7

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut
                    Hey!That was the best part! Man you need to develope a sense of taste for quality matierial!
                    The FX was good, but in terms of reality, it's not practical.
                    Rocky

Comment

I wasn't terribly thrilled with the Special Effects in B5 until the last season. However, I really don't want it to change at all.
                      A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by JediTrilobite
                        I wasn't terribly thrilled with the Special Effects in B5 until the last season. However, I really don't want it to change at all.
                        No way around it. All of the CGI files (and I mean all of them) were lost when Netter Digital went out of business. Warner should have archived them (they did get a copy) but failed to do so.

Consequently Legend of the Rangers had to reinvent all of the CGI. Which helps explain why we didn't see any familiar ships in that telemovie. In fact the model of B5 used in LotR was a scaled down one from the (aborted) video game No wonder they didn't linger on the station

So any movie made will have to redo all the models (at the very least). Of course they could try to recreate the existing models, in style - which is probably a given - and quality.

Maybe with new CGI models in place, Warner will splurge to have the CGI for B5 redone in 16:9 format for the series (eventual) release on HD-DVD

Comment

They lost everything? That really sucks. After a while, I really got to enjoying the outside scenes, even if they cycled them through every couple episodes.
                          A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Working...
                          X