Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New Babylon 5 Movie!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SaberBlade
    does anyone know what the movie is going to be about, B5, Crusade or Legend of the Rangers? with the name Memory of Shadows, it doesn't really limit itself to 1 series (hopefully they will pretend the episode The Deconstruction of Falling Stars doesn't exist and do something that doesn't fit in with the timeline that episode created)
    As I said before, the movie will feature the cast of Babylon 5. It will most certainly be set after Objects at Rest (Season 5, episode 21) and before Sleeping in Light (S5, E22), which gives it a twenty year window. It will probably be either about the Telepath war, or a wrap up of a Crusade story arc, that the show never even got around to introducing, i.e. Shadow weapons in human hands. The name seems to indicate the latter.

As for Deconstruction of Falling Stars, why on earth should the timeline it establishes be contradicted in any way??? It doesn't 'set' anything until well after Sleeping in Light, and the movie will certainly take place well before that.

Also it has been one of B5's greatest strenght that it does not continually contradict established canon. This is of course largely because B5 is the product of one man, JMS.

I had heard rumors JMS was working on something for some time, however this is the first i've heard a name for the project. With a name like memories of Shadows it could cover a whole lot. I hope they refer to Galen's exploits in the Technomages series of books.

Cool! New B5!
    Alex :: UE Photographer @ Large
    www.alcsnet.com/urbex-milton/
    2 Cor 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by alaskannut
    Hey!That was the best part! Man you need to develope a sense of taste for quality matierial!
    The FX was good, but in terms of reality, it's not practical.

Chief Master Sergeant JediTrilobite's Avatar

I wasn't terribly thrilled with the Special Effects in B5 until the last season. However, I really don't want it to change at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTrilobite
    I wasn't terribly thrilled with the Special Effects in B5 until the last season. However, I really don't want it to change at all.
    No way around it. All of the CGI files (and I mean all of them) were lost when Netter Digital went out of business. Warner should have archived them (they did get a copy) but failed to do so.

Consequently Legend of the Rangers had to reinvent all of the CGI. Which helps explain why we didn't see any familiar ships in that telemovie. In fact the model of B5 used in LotR was a scaled down one from the (aborted) video game No wonder they didn't linger on the station

So any movie made will have to redo all the models (at the very least). Of course they could try to recreate the existing models, in style - which is probably a given - and quality.

Maybe with new CGI models in place, Warner will splurge to have the CGI for B5 redone in 16:9 format for the series (eventual) release on HD-DVD

Chief Master Sergeant JediTrilobite's Avatar

Sci-Fi Re: New Babylon 5 Movie!!!!!!

They lost everything? That really sucks. After a while, I really got to enjoying the outside scenes, even if they cycled them through every couple episodes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12