Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What crimes could/should Sheppard be charged with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by desh View Post
    Sheppard clearly crossed the line of Justice with a capital J; he took an unethical course of action by facilitating Wallace's death, including blatantly falsifying his report by altering the facts in the presence of witnesses. Whether he saved Jeannie or not is beside the point, for he willingly allowed a serious breach of security, in which Wallace died; it is Sheppard's fault.

On the other hand, he did save Jeannie's life, which certainly counts for something.

I'm just curious to see how the I.O.A. will respond to this. Sheppard now has some serious dirt that the I.O.A. is sure to dig up and exploit.
    Forget the IOA for the moment.

If Sheppard blatantly falsified a report of an incident that involved the facilitated death of a civilian in custody and a serious breach in security and that incident took place in the presence of witnesses (SGC personnel) and probably security cameras, what would the SGC (Landry) do?

From the end of Miller’s Crossing, Sheppard sitting in Atlantis reading a comic book, the SGC (Landry) evidently did nothing.

I’d be more interested in seeing how the IOA responds to the SGC, because the SGC had to approve Sheppard’s report before the IOA ever saw it. I’d love to see that conversation between Woolsey and Landry.

BTW, I agree, none of this could have happened without Sheppard being a part of it. What he personally did, facilitating Wallace’s suicide, even if it was to save the life of another, would be considered illegal in most places. His actions are morally ambiguous. Sheppard, himself, shows considerable discomfort with the morality of what he has done.
    sigpic

Comment

IMHO, Shep could've been charged with: Severe violation of security protocols, negligence resulting in the death of a civilian person, possibly aiding in espionage against the US military and I guess him giving top secret information to a Wraith for the purpose on saving Jeannie is not exactly okay either

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
        I’d be more interested in seeing how the IOA responds to the SGC, because the SGC had to approve Sheppard’s report before the IOA ever saw it. I’d love to see that conversation between Woolsey and Landry.
        oh yes. the same IOA that, spoilers for Ark of Truth
        Spoiler:
        were secretly willing to sacrifice SG1 and the Odyssey by re-introducing replicators (the bug versions) who were immune to the ARG's. The same replicators that Earth and the Asgard went to alot of trouble to eradicate. I really dont think Landry and the SGC would really care about co-operating with the IOA anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
          IMHO, Shep could've been charged with: Severe violation of security protocols, negligence resulting in the death of a civilian person, possibly aiding in espionage against the US military and I guess him giving top secret information to a Wraith for the purpose on saving Jeannie is not exactly okay either
          I understand the ‘negligence resulting in the death of a civilian.’

Without explanation, I have no idea how the other charges come into play.
          Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
          oh yes. the same IOA that, spoilers for Ark of Truth
          Spoiler:
          were secretly willing to sacrifice SG1 and the Odyssey by re-introducing replicators (the bug versions) who were immune to the ARG's. The same replicators that Earth and the Asgard went to alot of trouble to eradicate. I really dont think Landry and the SGC would really care about co-operating with the IOA anymore.
          I assume that we are still dealing with the same version of the IOA that selected Sam as Leader of Atlantis and sent Woolsey to do her 3 month evaluation.

Whatever, happened during the Arc of Truth SG1 movie either does not concern Stargate:Atlantis or was, supposedly, dealt with before the season began. (unless, of course, Sam took some time off from Atlantis before MC to go rejoin SG1 and change our current perception of the IOA.)
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X